ADVERTISEMENT

Official FAU Prediction Thread

Henry Kendall

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2003
Wut….are we becoming a real football team? Cardell is starting to look like what we thought he would. This coaching staff will play the best players….not the upperclassmen. A real next man up vibe.

FAU is 1-3. Blown out by Clemson, lost to Ohio and Illinois. Beat Monmouth; who cares.

You think we have mascot issues? FAU has both Owlsley the Owl and Hoot the Owl. I sure hope to hell they didn’t pay for that originality.

Fighting Schnellenbergers: 24
KDub’s Army: 38

Bonus Kendall: Vantroy Malone is a superstar in the making.

Last edited:
Turnover battle determines the winner, no brilliant insight there.

Tulsa: 34
FIU: 28

Prediction for season: 7-5 or 8-4.

If we finish 6-2 in conference we will be competing for the conference title.

Might even be in the championship game. Doubt there will be 2 teams finishing 7-1.

Reactions: drboobay
I compare this season to horse racing. You have an allowance horse who for some reason is entered into two races with Stakes horses and finishes 6th out of 8 horses with the winner in each race in consideration for horse of the year. Then the trainer drops the allowance horse down to the claiming ranks where there is massive confidence and the claimers are destroyed by the allowance horse. There are a few allowance horses in the AAC but more claimers. No Stakes horses here.

Prediction for season: 7-5 or 8-4.

If we finish 6-2 in conference we will be competing for the conference title.

Might even be in the championship game. Doubt there will be 2 teams finishing 7-1.
Just an addendum to this prediction. I think we will lose one we shouldn't and win one we 'shouldn't'. 1-1 against SMU & Tulane/4-1 against the rest.

I compare this season to horse racing. You have an allowance horse who for some reason is entered into two races with Stakes horses and finishes 6th out of 8 horses with the winner in each race in consideration for horse of the year. Then the trainer drops the allowance horse down to the claiming ranks where there is massive confidence and the claimers are destroyed by the allowance horse. There are a few allowance horses in the AAC but more claimers. No Stakes horses here.

very good.....now give me your trifecta and your best long shot????
felling lucky?? what's your superfecta????

Del Boca Vista - 28
University Club Tower - 38

Glad we are playing there now while we’ve still got heat and humidity in Tulsa. It’s about 5 degrees cooler there and with the fall sea breeze will likely feel even cooler than that at night.

Just an addendum to this prediction. I think we will lose one we shouldn't and win one we 'shouldn't'. 1-1 against SMU & Tulane/4-1 against the rest.
The Rice game is midweek and during midterms for some of the players. They are playing better and have an elite QB. It’s got trap game written all over it.

Reactions: alchemy
The Rice game is midweek and during midterms for some of the players. They are playing better and have an elite QB. It’s got trap game written all over it.
Could be, but in the spirit of Houston football Rice will ‘Coog’ this game and that’s my Rice bonus prediction.

Reactions: HuffyCane
very good.....now give me your trifecta and your best long shot????
felling lucky?? what's your superfecta????
Forgive me for going off topic, but if I.I., BG70 or anyone else wants to spend a long week-end at Oaklawn Park in Arkie this Dec. or Jan., get in touch as I'm all in. Or at least spend some afternoons at the Fairgrounds OTB. Have loved T-bred racing my entire life.

Reactions: bluegold70 and I.I.
Isn't this a chance for some revenge against Tom Herman? Wonder if he kisses the FAU players? He should probably be careful where he does that down there...a little too close to South Beach and it might be mistaken for an advance

• Haha
Reactions: rusty-c
Who gives a Hoot - 17
Look what the wind blew in, it's Lil L-Burna from the land of the heartless - 37

(Bonus Prediction - 3 sacks in first half, 1 int in game) didnt specify team :p

• Haha
Reactions: TU_BLA
So looking at the stats, Thompson's injury was probably a good thing for FAU as he was turning the ball over a bunch. There new QB threw for a good chunk of change vs Illinois. That said, they cannot run the football at all. Given our defense's ability to stop the run and force teams to be one dimensional, I'm guessing Polizzi comes up with a game plan to limit the passing damage against. Also, FAU's defense is not great. Looks like they've given up over 100 yds rushing in every game and closer to 150 in their 3 games against FBS opponents. Ohio held them to under 200 total yards. FAU also gave up 500 total yards to Illinois and anyone who has seen Illinois this year knows that the offense is not the strength of that team. Based on all of that here's my production:

Tulsa: 44
Deal Owl #2: 24

I don't think it will be even that close and FAU gets a garbage TD late.

The Rice game is midweek and during midterms for some of the players. They are playing
better and have an elite QB. It’s got trap game written all over it.
While he doesn't have a bunch of great athletes to work with, the Rice QB is the most
accurate passer I have seen this year....They will put points on the board!

While he doesn't have a bunch of great athletes to work with, the Rice QB is the most
Rice's QB was a blue chip recruit coming out of HS and always getting stuck behind an even "bluer" chip recruit.. I mean he played at USC as a true FR and had decent stats but not eye popping. He then sat at USC before he transferred to Georgia and sat behind the kid that never went to class and weighs 180 lbs dripping wet, and then sat at West Virginia before coming to Rice. He's got all the tools and is finally in a place to succeed.

He is limited though if you can get a pass rush on him. He doesn't look very mobile and he had 100 career rushes and -335 rushing yards. (In CFB, sacks are recorded as negative rushing yards whereas in the NFL it comes off of a QBs passing yards). If we can get a pass rush on him, we should be OK. Rice has rushed for about 400 yds in their 5 games before you subtract the 40 yards Daniels has lost (It says he's been sacked 8 times and lost 80 total yards from sacks).

I feel that teams who struggle to run the football gives us an advantage because our DL is good enough to hold up and we can commit LBs to dropping into pass coverage. It looks like most of Rice's passes are dink and dunk types, similar to what we saw with Temple BUT they do go downfield and take their shots. So far their WRs listed have receptions of 80, 70, 51, 44, 36, 35, 31, and 30 (all different receivers). I'm sure some of those are big gains on well executed screens.

The big thing for TU is to keep improving. It was hard to see between the UAPB and Washington games and the Washington and OU games simply because we stepped up so high in terms of the quality of opponents. But there was improvement and it showed vs Temple. Now we need to see a bit more vs FAU and then a bit more next week.

Very much agree. Rice (and to a lesser extent Texas State) is the poster program for going into the portal and getting a top notch QB, an upper 3 star WR or above, and a RB with the aim of scheming up +2 or +3 wins to get to bowl eligibility. And they did it on the strength of the academics first, then what ever NIL they could offer. If it pays off with a bowl win, the increased revenue will surely exceed the cost of the NIL.

There’s lessons here for Tulsa. Academics needs to get their act together, raise their ranking, and stop hurting the football team in the portal. Sounds crazy but it’s true.

It also proves up the need to develop lineman from the high school ranks. Our success with down transfer lineman from the P5 has been spotty at best.

So the blended recruiting strategy of TU using the portal to plug holes isn’t too far off. It will be interesting to see if the portal boils down the same way in basketball. With certain positions being fertile for TU and others we have to build the old fashioned way.

Dang, if this guy is more accurate than Penix from Wash (a Heisman candidate), we might be in trouble. But Rice's WR's cannot possibly be better by a long-shot as Sr.Golfer suggests.

Dang, if this guy is more accurate than Penix from Wash (a Heisman candidate), we might be in trouble. But Rice's WR's cannot possibly be better by a long-shot as Sr.Golfer suggests.
He's not more accurate than Penix or even Gabriel according to ESPN stats. He's completing 62% of his passes this season while Penix and Gabriel are around 75%. Penis is avg. 11.2 YPA, Gabrile is 10.1 YPA, and Daniels is at 9.4 YPA. Those are actually pretty big gaps.

Obviously Daniels can go downfield and is a pretty effective deep ball passer. Which is why we need to have the same defensive mindset we had against Temple. Limit them to underneath, stuff the run, and then make them impatient.

It’s not that easy. They have Luke McCaffrey at WR, the youngest brother, who transferred in, who will beat you to death with the drag if you play the shell you are describing. And they have two legit weapons who are freshmen at WR. They’ve done a great job of managing their roster for what they have and what they can get for this year.

Four brothers, all played college football, Stanford, Duke, Michigan and Rice. We are seeing repeated classes of kids going to the P5 to see if it works, being told there’s no dream to develop into, and transferring elsewhere to get a degree to get ready for the real world. A much more sophisticated recruit than before. And one that isn’t trapped due to transfer rules, peer pressure and/or vanity. Tulsa can leverage that and should.

Every kid that wants to play who is at OU and similar schools and above a certain grade point and below a certain number of snaps for the year needs to know, one way or another, the future is coming quick and they can get the playing time and degree they want at TU.

A lot of you are under selling FAU. They aren’t great but are significantly better than Temple. Game is on the road. Think we win but I don’t see a blow out.

Hooters 24
Metro Diner 35
Totally agree. We haven’t proven we have learned how to win consistently yet and the chances of being distracted due to the Temple blow out and being on the beach is significant. These folks have smoked us before when we had significantly better weapons. Could be a dog fight or even a loss.

They have Ed Mc Caffrey's son ( Christians's Little Brother ) As a 6' 4" wide receiver who
is just like his dad . Wish we had him !!

They have some similarities to temple - they’re pass heavy and not great on the ground.

However I do think they’re better than temple and with this being on the road I don’t expect it to be a walk in the park (although the weather may feel like a walk in the park).

If we can limit turnovers, keep their receivers in check, and continue with reliable and consistent kicking/punting, I think we can win this game by 10-14 points.

But at the end of the day, escaping the retirement community with any W will be welcomed.

Owl GIF

Too many effing owls.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT