ADVERTISEMENT

Official NIU Prediction Thread

This is happening to brick and mortar stores and malls everywhere actually. JC Penney is hanging on by a thread, Macy's is a dump now. The only store I ever go in when I'm there is Dillard's. Occasionally will hit up Bath and Body Works if my wife tells me to stop. My daughter likes to go in PINK. That's about the extent now and I can't even remember the last time I, personally went into the mall. We do hit up H-Tea-O regularly on the mall loop road. It will be interesting to see if Scheel's can actually increase the mall traffic. It will also be interesting to see what Scheel's does to the Dick's at 71st and Mingo. I like Scheel's but it seems that all these giant sporting goods stores eventually die a sudden death, especially the ones that were so big and had the novelty play areas. Oshman's, Sports Authority...all dead now. Dick's has actually hung on a lot longer than I thought it would. Scheel's is a lot like Oshman's was.
I prefer Dick’s to Academy as they have attached a Dick’s to the local mall. You can set foot in Dick’s and never set foot in the wretched mall. Scheel’s looks interesting, but we don’t have any of them near here.

If you want to get a couple of lols, here is the NIU prediction thread. It starts out ok but then they get VERY offended when they realize we all think we should beat them… the word “snooty” was also used.

bonus quote: “Literally Tulsa has accomplished nothing to note in football.” - these guys are special.

NIU Prediction Thread

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TU 1978
I prefer Dick’s to Academy as they have attached a Dick’s to the local mall. You can set foot in Dick’s and never set foot in the wretched mall. Scheel’s looks interesting, but we don’t have any of them near here.
Dick's = Target
Scheel's = WalMart

At least here.

We SHOULD win by at least 14.

If you want to get a couple of lols, here is the NIU prediction thread. It starts out ok but then they get VERY offended when they realize we all think we should beat them… the word “snooty” was also used.

bonus quote: “Literally Tulsa has accomplished nothing to note in football.” - these guys are special.

NIU Prediction Thread
Well.. they do have one thing right.. due to massive undisciplined ass-hattery by a bunch of starters vs MissST, we did lose to UCD...

And we did lose to Toledo that one time.. never mind that we tore CMU and BGU new rectums...

Well.. they do have one thing right.. due to massive undisciplined ass-hattery by a bunch of starters vs MissST, we did lose to UCD...

And we did lose to Toledo that one time.. never mind that we tore CMU and BGU new rectums...
They didn't win a single game in the covid year (0-6), and they lost to clown shoe programs like Kent state and western michigan (what's that?) last year. But like yea, let's bow down to them and their greatness. Please TU, come out fast and put it on these guys tomorrow.

Reactions: Henry Kendall

NIU Prediction Thread
for those that would like to learn about DeKalb (I’ve been there many times while visiting relatives in other places in Illinois and Iowa) - here’s a brief synopsis.

Known as the 'Barb City,' DeKalb is famous for being the birthplace of barbed wire, which was invented here by Joseph Glidden in 1873. The city is also home to Illinois' fourth largest university, Northern Illinois University, which was founded as Northern Illinois State Normal School in 1895.

for those that would like to learn about DeKalb (I’ve been there many times while visiting relatives in other places in Illinois and Iowa) - here’s a brief synopsis.

Known as the 'Barb City,' DeKalb is famous for being the birthplace of barbed wire, which was invented here by Joseph Glidden in 1873. The city is also home to Illinois' fourth largest university, Northern Illinois University, which was founded as Northern Illinois State Normal School in 1895.
Since the folks over on the NIU board seem to think Tulsa has never been relevant or good at any point, they may want to re-examine their own success as they are worse than us in just about every metric.

We have more all time wins, better winning percentage, winning bowl record (with 10 more bowl wins than they have), and WAY more conference championships than they do. They could win the mac for the next 20 years straight and still not have as many conference championships as us.

Let's be honest... it's gonna be

pri_36881662.jpg

They don’t like to be called UNI. They do love their Waffle House though.

I will spot them Cindy Crawford over Rue McClanahan. After that, guffaw.

Maybe, maybe not...

But, I know several of our lettermen and numerous alumni here in the OKC area that will be attending the OU game or tailgating at OU rather than coming to Tulsa. I try getting them to come to games with me but they already have plans.

Herd mentality is hard to fight.

Dang that hurts to read, is disappointing and I never went to school at TU.

Just wait till OU comes to town next year.. people that you have sat beside for years will be wearing red... the GHC parking lots will be full of OU tailgaters and even our club seats will be full of gooner fans for the day...
I will NEVER understand this. I got my masters degree at OU, but would never consider cheering for them over TU.

Reactions: TU83
off topic, I am watching the UCF vs Louisville game and these announcers are massive morons. They dont understand what targeting is and they don’t understand what roughing the kicker is. Making my ears bleed here. I hope we have better announcers tomorrow

off topic, I am watching the UCF vs Louisville game and these announcers are massive morons. They dont understand what targeting is and they don’t understand what roughing the kicker is. Making my ears bleed here. I hope we have better announcers tomorrow
With espn+ don’t bet on that happening.

Reactions: loca2874
I believe one of them was Andre Ware. So that makes sense.

I never pass on a chance to throw shade on coog high.
One of the silver linings of those people moving on is we won’t have to deal with listening to him anymore probably.

NIU Prediction Thread
I’m so thankful for the NIU fans for being so generous, in this housing market , how lucky are we to be living rent free in their heads

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT