ADVERTISEMENT

Official Myrtle Bowl game thread

Coming out of retirement to share some thoughts here. Haven't posted in years. But some of the comments here and on social media are straight nonsense. Like clownshow stuff.

First off, if you are not a fan of Monty and want Monty gone or are disenfranchised with some of style TU has, then that's fair game. But you look like a fool when you throw that nonsense out during an a$$ kicking yesterday. TU played their cleanest game. Well-coached. Lined up, played hard. Tackled, blocked. Got turnovers. Didn't turn the ball over. Good time management. Took TOs when we had to. The whole nine yards. Most complete game of the year. Buck called the defense and they were lights out.

Two mistakes on the opening kick off. And the fake punt (It was the punter's decision btw). Other than that. Dang near perfect.

Something else that was very noticeable. Also very evident in the SMU game. More and more you see TU players walking away from the trash talking. Monty and staff put an emphasis on that before SMU. And it was disgusting watching the Ponies talk and talk and talk. While we stayed out of all confrontation and simply whipped their a$$. Again yesterday. ODU wasn't a bastion of integrity. Hell the FG kicker talked all kinds of noise after the first PAT. But again, we didn't have one unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

The three personal fouls we had was one on Ethan Hall (Our most physical and passionate player offensively). and two on Dylan Couch. These were late hits or continuation after the whistle stuff. I won't defend Couch. He has had 9 personal fouls this year. That's unacceptable. He is done at TU and moves on. And much like we saw a drastic decline in personal foul penalties on defense when Allie Green left, I predict we will see the same thing on offense after Couch has gone.

All this to say simply that if anyone has an issue with the program, how it is being run, the results, etc. that's all fair game. But you look like a fool, straight clown show, when you are reaching for stuff to b*tch about during our cleanest and most complete game of the year. FWIW

See y'all in another couple of years.

-Austin Chadwick
Nice post Vype. It’s sad that we still have a pretty vocal group that lets their hatred of the coach prevent them from enjoying a nice win. At least we didn’t have too many openly pulling for a loss this week.

Next home game Sept 10 vs Northern Illinois. I’ll be there.

It was nice to not have to wade through too many of the crazy and obsessed posts. Original must have been busy yesterday.
I am one. I am glad we won...for the players. I'll even give Monty credit because he is bringing in players and developing them to where we have 2-3 guys with legit shots at the NFL coming through every year. So why aren't we winning more games every season? And certainly those NFL caliber guys aren't playing special teams. 7 (SEVEN!) special teams TDs against us this year. And it's more of a recurring trend than an aberration. Like the TOs coming out of stopped clock situations. You know what would have really caught ODU (or any other team this season) off guard. Having Braxton and Anderson in on 3rd and short situations...and throwing. Every defender is within 5 yards of the LOS when Braxton is in because that is what game film shows...and until you do something different out of that set, it's predictable. Why did Monty wait until the last game of the year to go truly up tempo from the start? Anyone who listened to Bruce yesterday knows he and Rick got caught off guard on the 1st drive as they were breaking down plays and TU was snapping the ball...quickly.

We are all concerned for the future of the program and its ability to be at the top of the conference. We have the talent to be there, it's why we can go toe to toe with 3 top 10 teams with realistic chances to win the games. So the question becomes why aren't we getting over the top? I try to make sure my criticism is backed by on field examples of shortcomings...and I try to balance it with giving credit when it's warranted.

I am one. I am glad we won...for the players. I'll even give Monty credit because he is bringing in players and developing them to where we have 2-3 guys with legit shots at the NFL coming through every year. So why aren't we winning more games every season? And certainly those NFL caliber guys aren't playing special teams. 7 (SEVEN!) special teams TDs against us this year. And it's more of a recurring trend than an aberration. Like the TOs coming out of stopped clock situations. You know what would have really caught ODU (or any other team this season) off guard. Having Braxton and Anderson in on 3rd and short situations...and throwing. Every defender is within 5 yards of the LOS when Braxton is in because that is what game film shows...and until you do something different out of that set, it's predictable. Why did Monty wait until the last game of the year to go truly up tempo from the start? Anyone who listened to Bruce yesterday knows he and Rick got caught off guard on the 1st drive as they were breaking down plays and TU was snapping the ball...quickly.

We are all concerned for the future of the program and its ability to be at the top of the conference. We have the talent to be there, it's why we can go toe to toe with 3 top 10 teams with realistic chances to win the games. So the question becomes why aren't we getting over the top? I try to make sure my criticism is backed by on field examples of shortcomings...and I try to balance it with giving credit when it's warranted.
8(EIGHT!)*

You’re a good fan, Bla. My comments are directed at the drive by posters who only show up on game day to complain, claim they are “done” but still don’t leave. They know who they are.

Coming out of retirement to share some thoughts here. Haven't posted in years. But some of the comments here and on social media are straight nonsense. Like clownshow stuff.

First off, if you are not a fan of Monty and want Monty gone or are disenfranchised with some of style TU has, then that's fair game. But you look like a fool when you throw that nonsense out during an a$$ kicking yesterday. TU played their cleanest game. Well-coached. Lined up, played hard. Tackled, blocked. Got turnovers. Didn't turn the ball over. Good time management. Took TOs when we had to. The whole nine yards. Most complete game of the year. Buck called the defense and they were lights out.

Two mistakes on the opening kick off. And the fake punt (It was the punter's decision btw). Other than that. Dang near perfect.

Something else that was very noticeable. Also very evident in the SMU game. More and more you see TU players walking away from the trash talking. Monty and staff put an emphasis on that before SMU. And it was disgusting watching the Ponies talk and talk and talk. While we stayed out of all confrontation and simply whipped their a$$. Again yesterday. ODU wasn't a bastion of integrity. Hell the FG kicker talked all kinds of noise after the first PAT. But again, we didn't have one unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

The three personal fouls we had was one on Ethan Hall (Our most physical and passionate player offensively). and two on Dylan Couch. These were late hits or continuation after the whistle stuff. I won't defend Couch. He has had 9 personal fouls this year. That's unacceptable. He is done at TU and moves on. And much like we saw a drastic decline in personal foul penalties on defense when Allie Green left, I predict we will see the same thing on offense after Couch has gone.

All this to say simply that if anyone has an issue with the program, how it is being run, the results, etc. that's all fair game. But you look like a fool, straight clown show, when you are reaching for stuff to b*tch about during our cleanest and most complete game of the year. FWIW

See y'all in another couple of years.

-Austin Chadwick
You’re a good fan, Bla. My comments are directed at the drive by posters who only show up on game day to complain, claim they are “done” but still don’t leave. They know who they are.

The hall of shame posters have consistently promised they are finished supporting TU sports because of both
coaches , but it’s all talk because they just keep on posting week after week the same redundant message .
Hey “Original” you are the biggest D-ICK on this board and newsflash…TU doesn’t need you and never will but
you just keep revealing how classless you are .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT