ADVERTISEMENT

Official MSU Prediction Thread

Tulsa beats the spread, loses the game, and I'm left confused on where we stand.

Sparty 31
Tulsa 16

Bonus narrative:

Tulsa finds the end zone in the air during the 1st Qt, I start to believe. Then our passing game has struggles ,for some different reasons from last year. Our line can't hold long enough for plays to develop and Michigan State's defenders are more athletic than our receivers. We can't find plays that work consistently and resort to grinding it on the ground, having more running success than expected, thanks to our veteran backs. Michigan State defense plays bend but don't break, as we get closer to the end zone we rely even more on the run and they tighten down, leading to three field goals (and one miss).

Michigan State's offense has struggles, a couple long passes make their faithful believe their offense is special. But the run game is where they make their living. In the second half they lien their big front on our defensive line for 5 yards a down and march a long drive for the final blow. Pride forces them to pass up field goal opportunities, Tulsa defense has a glorious goal line stand.

Alternate narrative:

Tulsa wins. Jesse eats crow and is so happy.

Tulsa beats the spread, loses the game, and I'm left confused on where we stand.

Sparty 31
Tulsa 16

Bonus narrative:

Tulsa finds the end zone in the air during the 1st Qt, I start to believe. Then our passing game has struggles ,for some different reasons from last year. Our line can't hold long enough for plays to develop and Michigan State's defenders are more athletic than our receivers. We can't find plays that work consistently and resort to grinding it on the ground, having more running success than expected, thanks to our veteran backs. Michigan State defense plays bend but don't break, as we get closer to the end zone we rely even more on the run and they tighten down, leading to three field goals (and one miss).

Michigan State's offense has struggles, a couple long passes make their faithful believe their offense is special. But the run game is where they make their living. In the second half they lien their big front on our defensive line for 5 yards a down and march a long drive for the final blow. Pride forces them to pass up field goal opportunities, Tulsa defense has a glorious goal line stand.

Alternate narrative:

Tulsa wins. Jesse eats crow and is so happy.
Plausible either way.

Mich St. defense only allowed 303.2 ypg (under 80 ypg rushing). My barometer tonight is how well we move the ball on offense and seeing how dominant our defense can be.

I think this is a good game for our defense to gain some confidence since Mich St has been struggling to move the ball for the past few seasons. I'm hoping we see a lot more passing, I don't really care about the score because I know a win is highly unrealistic.

Obviously, I'll take a W.

And before anyone whines about hoping the players don't have the same attitude as I do above, I promise you they do not. I am just setting realistic expectations for myself, so I don't start the season melting by end of 1st quarter of Game 1.

Mich St. defense only allowed 303.2 ypg (under 80 ypg rushing). My barometer tonight is how well we move the ball on offense and seeing how dominant our defense can be.

I think this is a good game for our defense to gain some confidence since Mich St has been struggling to move the ball for the past few seasons. I'm hoping we see a lot more passing, I don't really care about the score because I know a win is highly unrealistic.

Obviously, I'll take a W.

And before anyone whines about hoping the players don't have the same attitude as I do above, I promise you they do not. I am just setting realistic expectations for myself, so I don't start the season melting by end of 1st quarter of Game 1.
I was thinking I might melt at the end of the 1st drive when we go run up the middle, run up the middle, and complete a 3 yd pass on 3rd & 8 and have to punt.

I was thinking I might melt at the end of the 1st drive when we go run up the middle, run up the middle, and complete a 3 yd pass on 3rd & 8 and have to punt.

If that happens, we may need to recruit some therapists to help members of the board!

If that happens, we may need to recruit some therapists to help members of the board!
Shoot...I'm trying to find a therapist to help me get over the insanity of the drop off circle at my daughter's school each morning. TU only plays once per week for about 3 months. I'm stuck in the drop off circle 5x a week for the next 8 months. TU football frustrates me...the drop off circle may drive me to clinical depression

Shoot...I'm trying to find a therapist to help me get over the insanity of the drop off circle at my daughter's school each morning. TU only plays once per week for about 3 months. I'm stuck in the drop off circle 5x a week for the next 8 months. TU football frustrates me...the drop off circle may drive me to clinical depression

:joy::joy::joy: I feel your pain!!! My son's drop offline isn't bad, but I'm pretty certain pick-up is the same as hell.

Back in my day we didn't have drop off circles... we ran out the door in all directions... buses were everywhere... cars flying left and right.. I was lucky to have survived each of the 12000 days I attended public schools...

Back in my day we didn't have drop off circles... we ran out the door in all directions... buses were everywhere... cars flying left and right.. I was lucky to have survived each of the 12000 days I attended public schools...
Sounds like a wicked game of frogger.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Sounds like a wicked game of frogger.
Dude, I lived Frogger for 2 years when I was at Boston University. BU doesn't have a traditional campus...no green space. It is very urban and all concrete along one of the busiest streets/roads/thoroughfares in all of Boston- Commonweath Avenue. Being a mostly walking/pedestrian campus, the sidewalks were extra wide and usually you had to dodge people, skateboards, and bikes. So if you were crossing Comm Ave to get to the other side, you crossed the crazy sidewalk. Then 3 lanes of insane traffic in one direction ripe with buses, cabs, and insane MA drivers. THEN, you had to cross the 2 "T" tracks (outbound and inbound). They come out of the ground onto Comm Ave just past the Kenmore Sq station. Then you had to do the 3 lanes of traffic in the other direction and then the other sidewalk. Traffic lights were mostly optional, people never stopped for the train when crossing, and pedestrians in Boston rarely use the stay to the right side rule. I was up in a friend's room overlooking this one day (he lived on the 14th floor of what was then the largest non-military dormitory in the world; at least that's what BU put in their housing brochure) and I looked down and I saw some guy with a guitar strapped to his back, weaving in and out of all this and thought it was flipping hysterical that it looked like Frogger. It was sort of like the Seinfeld episode (which hadn't aired yet).

Cool. How many points are you expecting to score?

MSUs offense is at a crossroads. New, younger OC whos going away from the traditional Dantonio run oriented offense. Lewerke is a senior QB with talent who was injured all last year. Our OL is all upperclassmen (are they any good is the question). MSU actually a pretty good group of WRs.

I'm expecting MSUs offense to come out guns blazing--none of this vanilla crap. The coaches and players need to prove themselves and build confidence early. The fanbase will start to turn on them if we lay a clunker on offense tonight.

I'm *hoping* for a number that starts with a 4 but realistically I think we score in the low to mid 30s.

LOL. You didn’t beat a team by more than 21 all season and scored 14 against Rutgers at home. Why do you think you’re going to score close
To 40?

Our QB, RB, entire OL, and 5 of our top 6 WRs were all out injured.

You simply cannot point to last year. No one can sustain injuries to every single offensive starter--which is what happened to MSU last year.

That's why this year is such an unknown--lets see what we look like healthy. It wont be a good offense, but its not going to be close to as bad as it was last year.

Lewerke threw for 2700 yards in 2017 and rushed for over 500. Im thinking he will put up similar numbers this year.

TUPatsFan disclaimer.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
Our QB, RB, entire OL, and 5 of our top 6 WRs were all out injured.

You simply cannot point to last year. No one can sustain injuries to every single offensive starter--which is what happened to MSU last year.

That's why this year is such an unknown--lets see what we look like healthy. It wont be a good offense, but its not going to be close to as bad as it was last year.

Lewerke threw for 2700 yards in 2017 and rushed for over 500. Im thinking he will put up similar numbers this year.
TU’s defense typically has trouble with mobile quarterbacks. We defend a pocket passer really well but tend to have trouble containing a scrambler. Hopefully tonight will be an exception.

Anyone who knows anything about old TU traditions knows that residents of John Mabee and Lottie Jane used to do this during finals week (at midnight each night).
Never heard that. Interesting.

Ive been pretty busy this week and havent kept up much, so apologize if this has been covered already, has Smith been made official yet?

Since it does not look like there will be much useful information coming out of fall camp to discuss, might as well release The Official Prediction Thread early. So here goes.

Is this the Monty farewell tour?

Existential Question of the Day: If a team loses 8 games but no one is there to notice, did they really lose those games?

In offseason news, the newly minted TU brass announced their Really Big Plan, wherein education, family medicine and humanities are traded for an exciting career in coding1!! Expect an announcement of expansion, where the Kaiser Campus will remain at 11th & Harvard, with a new satellite campus at the Tulsa Welding School.

No idea if MSU is decent or not. But no matter how bad they are, TU will be worse.

Moo U: 38
Tulsa Technical College: 20

Bonus Kendall Prediction: Smith will be the starter, but Boomer will be inserted on third down to run it up the middle. Every. Damn. Time.

When it becomes the Kaiser Kampus will Henry Kendall become Henry Kaiser!!!1

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT