ADVERTISEMENT

Official MSU Prediction Thread

Henry Kendall

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2003
Since it does not look like there will be much useful information coming out of fall camp to discuss, might as well release The Official Prediction Thread early. So here goes.

Is this the Monty farewell tour?

Existential Question of the Day: If a team loses 8 games but no one is there to notice, did they really lose those games?

In offseason news, the newly minted TU brass announced their Really Big Plan, wherein education, family medicine and humanities are traded for an exciting career in coding1!! Expect an announcement of expansion, where the Kaiser Campus will remain at 11th & Harvard, with a new satellite campus at the Tulsa Welding School.

No idea if MSU is decent or not. But no matter how bad they are, TU will be worse.

Moo U: 38
Tulsa Technical College: 20

Bonus Kendall Prediction: Smith will be the starter, but Boomer will be inserted on third down to run it up the middle. Every. Damn. Time.

No MSU prediction yet but to build on Kendall’s “Kaiser campus” comment:

Will TU be renamed Kaiser U?
Will the 3rd game of the year be Boone Pickens State (BPSU) at KU
if we become KU can we convince Bryce to come to our KU? inquiring minds want to know?

Don’t even get me started on OU - Porky Boren Financial Institution (a PBFU for you golf fans)

Reactions: Bill Lowery
Since it does not look like there will be much useful information coming out of fall camp to discuss, might as well release The Official Prediction Thread early. So here goes.

Is this the Monty farewell tour?

Existential Question of the Day: If a team loses 8 games but no one is there to notice, did they really lose those games?

In offseason news, the newly minted TU brass announced their Really Big Plan, wherein education, family medicine and humanities are traded for an exciting career in coding1!! Expect an announcement of expansion, where the Kaiser Campus will remain at 11th & Harvard, with a new satellite campus at the Tulsa Welding School.

No idea if MSU is decent or not. But no matter how bad they are, TU will be worse.

Moo U: 38
Tulsa Technical College: 20

Bonus Kendall Prediction: Smith will be the starter, but Boomer will be inserted on third down to run it up the middle. Every. Damn. Time.
Yes this will be the end of Monty unless we win 10 then he stays

MSU will be the best defense we will see this season. We could be much improved on the offensive side of the ball and still struggle. Defense keeps us in this game.

TU 17
MSU 27

The Kaiser jokes are not amusing and belong on a different board.

MSU 38
TU 10

half time
MSU 21
TU 3

not the score I'm hoping for, but I'm trying to be realistic.

10? Lol. He doesn’t have to win 10 to stay.
Yeah I’m staying with 10. If we lose to MSU and OSU then he will need to run the board. We still have UCF, at smoo and at Cincinnati. We always play like crap in Dallas. Say we lose those 5 we end up at 7-5. Good enough for a bowl but is it really good enough to keep his job. So yeah I say 10 wins. I will go as low as 8 but that’s a stretch in my mind for retaining him. Maybe I am off base with it but that is just how I feel on that subject.

Yeah I’m staying with 10. If we lose to MSU and OSU then he will need to run the board. We still have UCF, at smoo and at Cincinnati. We always play like crap in Dallas. Say we lose those 5 we end up at 7-5. Good enough for a bowl but is it really good enough to keep his job. So yeah I say 10 wins. I will go as low as 8 but that’s a stretch in my mind for retaining him. Maybe I am off base with it but that is just how I feel on that subject.
I think your opinion differs from the administration's.

Reactions: HuffyCane
Rader Theorem applies: At least 4 wins and no arrests and you are retained.

4 or fewer wins and a half empty stadium for OSU game (see other thread on OSU tickets) and Levit starts pushing to drop athletics.
She’s already pushed. More persuasive forces are blocking her. It’s also not her area. Such a scenario would get her closer to the goal line tho.

She’s already pushed. More persuasive forces are blocking her. It’s also not her area. Such a scenario would get her closer to the goal line tho.
Who is more persuasive than Kaiser? If she's got the backing there she's got the upper hand unless a GIANT donor comes in like QT and offers up TBP levels of $$$.

And here's the other thing that she underestimates...the easiest way to keep alumni engaged with a university is through it's athletic programs and support. If she gets her way the university would see a 30-50% drop in donors. It's already embarrassing that TU's US News and World Report rank has fallen some 30+ spots and part of it is tied to alumni giving. I get the academic side has dropped the ball the last 4-5 years in its accreditation processes so the idea is to make it better by eliminating athletics?

Their shallow-minded tunnel focus is killing me.

Reactions: Henry Kendall
TU upsets MSU 20-17.
We carry the momentum to a undefeated non-con.
Beat UCF in the AAC title.
Beat Texas in a NY6 bowl.
Next season Z. Smith leads us to an undefeated season, but loses in the CFP.
We average 28,562 in attendance.
The stadium is expanded.
Enrollment skyrockets.
We become the leading Cybersecurity university in the US.
Google builds a HQ downtown. It's taller than the Devon tower.
TU becomes the crown jewel of Oklahoma academics.

TU upsets MSU 20-17.
The stadium is expanded.
Enrollment skyrockets.
Yeah, only one of those things has a chance to actually happen.

Who is more persuasive than Kaiser? If she's got the backing there she's got the upper hand unless a GIANT donor comes in like QT and offers up TBP levels of $$$.

So the Kaiser-led BOK sponsorship of the TU vs OSU football series through 2031 doesn’t show support for TU athletics?! How about discussing football on the free, public football board.

So the Kaiser-led BOK sponsorship of the TU vs OSU football series through 2031 doesn’t show support for TU athletics?! How about discussing football on the free, public football board.
Well, that is a conundrum. But they need to get control of their puppet/Provost

Leave this thread out of it!!!!!! I rarely post anymore because everything comes back to the leadership, this is a prediction thread.

TU - 17
MSU - 35

Improved on offense but still only complete 56% of passes and lots of runs up the middle despite a stuffed box.

TU upsets MSU 20-17.
The stadium is expanded.
Enrollment skyrockets.
Got to love unicorns

Reactions: Hurricane Drummer
TU upsets MSU 20-17.
The stadium is expanded.
Enrollment skyrockets.

While we are dreaming add..
TU offers game day credit card sales.

Better yet, a kiosk where you swipe your card and it spits out your ticket! Don't even need to talk to a human.
Or just go to all mobile telephone entry. Buy your tix with cc online regardless of time, display the qr coded ticket on your phone, scan it as you enter. Works like magic plenty of other places.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
A win would do huge things for our perception and now is the time when we need that the most...

I would love to see TU come out with another 28-27 type win like we did at Notre Dame, but the logical side of my says we’ll likely lose something like 31-17.

TU upsets MSU 20-17.
The stadium is expanded.
Enrollment skyrockets.

I appreciate your enthusiasm - keep it up!

Better yet, a kiosk where you swipe your card and it spits out your ticket! Don't even need to talk to a human.
It's not like this tech doesn't work in lots of other places like movie theaters and such. And it's simple to add something like that day of game.

While we're at it, why not e-tickets that don't tack on a $5 charge to do it. The idea behind e-tickets is supposed to save printing costs and reprinting lost tickets, etc.

The more I read about MSU and Tulsa from sources outside of this board, the more pessimistic I become about this matchup. MSU's defense could absolutely shut us down, completely. They are LOADED with all-americans and all-conference players inside the box. We are starting a sophomore and a freshmen lineman on one side of the ball. This may not go well for our QB and RB's. Not getting hurt may be the best result we can hope for there. If TU's offense crosses the MSU 40 in the first half I will be surprised. How's that for a pessimistic prediction? I'll be the happiest person on the planet if our offense can move the ball and turn this into a game but the prevailing assessment of talent on both sides just doesn't bode well for TU's chances. Our defense is going to be on the field a lot and if they can keep MSU below 30, then it's a moral victory. ( I hate that term but there it is)

MSU 28 - Tulsa 3

Or just go to all mobile telephone entry. Buy your tix with cc online regardless of time, display the qr coded ticket on your phone, scan it as you enter. Works like magic plenty of other places.

Many local high school stadiums already do this.

Reactions: TU_BLA
The more I read about MSU and Tulsa from sources outside of this board, the more pessimistic I become about this matchup. MSU's defense could absolutely shut us down, completely. They are LOADED with all-americans and all-conference players inside the box. We are starting a sophomore and a freshmen lineman on one side of the ball. This may not go well for our QB and RB's. Not getting hurt may be the best result we can hope for there. If TU's offense crosses the MSU 40 in the first half I will be surprised. How's that for a pessimistic prediction? I'll be the happiest person on the planet if our offense can move the ball and turn this into a game but the prevailing assessment of talent on both sides just doesn't bode well for TU's chances. Our defense is going to be on the field a lot and if they can keep MSU below 30, then it's a moral victory. ( I hate that term but there it is)

MSU 28 - Tulsa 3
QFT

Tulsa 6 - MSU 38

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT