ADVERTISEMENT

Official Bowl Game Thread

guess what we would have never seen if Todd was the coach? I remember a bunch of alumni complaining because Todd cussed on the sidelines... he may have cussed but he had the fear of God in the players. we were disciplined. I miss having a coach who believes in discipline. todds defense sucked compared to our D now though lol

what really bugs me is the black cloud this puts on our program. i was talking to my pops this afternoon and said hopefully we get a recruiting boost with being top 25... now parents will see the fight and rethink any chance we had.
BYU and Memphis had an all out helmet swinging brawl in a bowl a few years ago. It doesn't seem to have hurt them much.

Monty can't even control basic game management, i.e. personnel, game clock, timeouts, realizing the smarter move is to kick the ball outta bounds when your coverage team has the effectiveness of a wet tissue. For any of us to expect he'd have the ability to control the behavior of his players is wishful thinking. That scrum was inevitable given how much jawing and taunting was going on between every single play out there, and the MSU player turning himself into a human spear against Santana on the onside kick. If the AAC is looking for a place to begin their analysis beyond the chippiness and jawing, might wanna start with the intent to cripple Santana by that MSU player on the onside kick.

Apparently Alan Pierce (Cincy WR #12), routinely makes opposing CBs look bad. Already making UGA DBs look silly.

Reactions: sonofbird
Whatever trash talking occurred before and during the game, it appears this all started with an MSU guy chasing our guys down as they were leaving

From everything alive seen, #40 from MSU started the pregame dust up after our coaches tried to get the teams separated, he kept coming. He then set off the fray at the end of the game by his cheap shot on JC Santana. One of our players called him out for the chicken :crap: hit and he took offense and went after that guy. Coaches stepped between. #3 from MSU took the first swipe at one of our players and then #9 in street clothes took the swipe at one of our coaches and then all hell broke loose after that. I may be biased and other than trash talk, I didn’t see a TU player who threw the first punch...after the first punch thrown it went nuts.

Reactions: astonmartin708
I don't know. I do know our coach allowed a situation where that is a question.

Never mind the support we could have picked up in a sport starved state with a team that finished in the top 25 and would have been in the mix for preseason rankings.

It was a bad day and the fight just sours the whole positive momentum and out look that had been built. Not going to help Monty get other offers either.
TU had a good year and will continue to recruit good players . They will be good
next year with or without blessing.

TU had a good year and will continue to recruit good players . They will be good
next year with or without blessing.

While past performance is not an indicator of future returns.

We won six games and lost to 3-7 team to finish the season. Not sure if the schedule plays the way it was suppose to we even make a bowl.

Zaven Collins turned are usual close losses into close wins. He is a top 20 NFL pick. I love the talent on this team, but unless we have another top 20 pick to overcome Monty's ineptitude in game management and talent usage I expect Shamari to leave Tulsa with out ever experiencing a winning season on the field.

You either think a lot of Ohio state or nothing of Clemson.

Bama 55 - ND 10
Clemson 60 - Ohio state 6
I think your predictions are a little off. Baja overpowered ND but not quite to that level and OSU is putting it on Clemson at the moment but that could change if Fields can’t continue.

I always thought it was gonna be a knock down drag out between Clemson & Ohio St. They seemed a lot more evenly matched than Notre Dame/Bama.

Fields ability and athleticism really highlights the difference in talent between playoff QBs and G5 teams' QBs. It's pretty impressive... And Sermon is an absolute beast. OU should've tried harder to keep that kid happy...

Fields ability and athleticism really highlights the difference in talent between playoff QBs and G5 teams' QBs. It's pretty impressive... And Sermon is an absolute beast. OU should've tried harder to keep that kid happy...
I think they’re pretty happy with Rhamondre Stevenson who reminds me a lot of Marcus Dupree.

Reactions: HuffyCane
I think Fields has separated himself from the rest of the field for the Heisman with this performance.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT