ADVERTISEMENT

Official Bowl Game Thread

I am not going to criticize our QB who was out there competing and doing his best.

I criticize our 2 million dollar head coach who has his head up his ass. He is paid. He is accountable for the offense and personnel choices.

I really hate mike leach. “Well that never happened to us before!” Like he got a bunch of alter boys
Well unfortunately he’s not wrong about not having it happen with his team this year, and when all the details are worked out I think Leach will make sure it doesn’t occur again. We’ve had discipline issues for the last several years, and it simply hasn’t gotten better. All coaches want their teams to have an Alpha mentality, but it has to be tempered and controlled. After the last whistle is just bush league.

This may be the nail in Mont’s coffin. The buck stops with the HC
Particularly if any charges are brought against a TU player(s). They sure as hell should be against those thugs from msst. I saw K. Ray helped off the field, someones's helmut ripped off, a TU player on the ground stepped on, & so forth.

Reactions: loca2874
Well unfortunately he’s not wrong about not having it happen with his team this year, and when all the details are worked out I think Leach will make sure it doesn’t occur again. We’ve had discipline issues for the last several years, and it simply hasn’t gotten better. All coaches want their teams to have an Alpha mentality, but it has to be tempered and controlled. After the last whistle is just bush league.
All of it was bush league but how he makes it sound is that his team would t do anything like that. All of this is done on our sideline. We didn’t go to theirs. They came to ours

Reactions: TU4ever2 and TU83
Awful look by ESPN. He doesn’t know what happened and he’s mouthing off about it. Who is this lard ass? It’s on our sideline. Talk about that.
Agreed! It looked like the TU assistant was in the mix seemingly trying to separate, but a Mississippi St. player hit or pushed at the face of the coach and then one of our players punched him. Not acceptable by any means and totally wrong of that hack commentator to pin it on TU from his cushy studio chair. Even if it was his fault, BS of him to say that. The worst of it all was Miss St. #4 who drop kicked Tieneal Martin in the face when someone pushed him from behind and then ran off like a chicken s*}#. Then Martin gets up and a slew of Miss St. players are punching him, then rip off his helmet and then who comes out of nowhere as Martin is trying to flee and throws a punch to his helmet-less head #4. TU certainly not innocent in this but if Leach doesn’t kick that guy off the team that is a travesty!

also, postgame interview Mike Leach showed his true scumbag attitude. Saying, “we didn’t have this problem all season, not sure what happened, but we haven’t had a problem.”

Reactions: Gold*
Time for Dickson to give Monty the boot!
Leach has always played with an undisciplined team. He pushes the rules when he can get away with it. It leads to these breakdowns. He is a clown. His comments after the game were ridiculous

All of it was bush league but how he makes it sound is that his team would t do anything like that. All of this is done on our sideline. We didn’t go to theirs. They came to ours
I’m with you here, but he always talks to the media like their one of my grandkids. Probably best if he didn’t say anything at all, or at most said that it was an unfortunate end that would be investigated and dealt with. He’s been cleaning house ast MSU and I bet this will just be more fuel for his fire to get rid of some trash.

Reactions: loca2874
I have been watching Tulsa football since 1963. This is not Tulsa football. This is a total embarrassment to the program and University. The trash talking on the field has got to stop and that is directly on Monty. He has done nothing about it. Our lack of discipline shows in the number of penalties we get every game and the unsportsmanlike penalties are the worst. We can certainly control what we do on the field. I realize we are not entirely to blame, but it has gone too far!! Are you listening Rick Dickson? Enough is enough!!

Agreed! It looked like the TU assistant was in the mix seemingly trying to separate, but a Mississippi St. player hit or pushed at the face of the coach and then one of our players punched him. Not acceptable by any means and totally wrong of that hack commentator to pin it on TU from his cushy studio chair. Even if it was his fault, BS of him to say that. The worst of it all was Miss St. #4 who drop kicked Tieneal Martin in the face when someone pushed him from behind and then ran off like a chicken s*}#. Then Martin gets up and a slew of Miss St. players are punching him, then rip off his helmet and then who comes out of nowhere as Martin is trying to flee and throws a punch to his helmet-less head #4. TU certainly not innocent in this but if Leach doesn’t kick that guy off the team that is a travesty!

also, postgame interview Mike Leach showed his true scumbag attitude. Saying, “we didn’t have this problem all season, not sure what happened, but we haven’t had a problem.”

Leach is an asshole at times, but I don't remember his teams having brawls or pushing matches at Tech or Washington St. He is also accurate to point out there haven't been issues with his team this season.

Doesn't mean they are innocent.

Usually the winning bowl team stays on the field for the trophy and the losing team leaves. That didn't happen.

The pregame, game, and post game minus the fight have been the norm for Tulsa this season. We talk about it every game. Tulsa has no discipline, you put yourself in these positions enough times something will happen.

This program is not BYU or Miami but we sure as hell look like those teams right now and not in the positive ways. That's on our coach, the team is a reflection of him and we have plenty of examples of him doing the same sort of things.

Listening to his post game there is not one word said about discipline. He also said he felt Smith was accurate and throwing well. Not one word about the end of the game. So now his attitude and view are spreading from him, to the team, to the entire program and accountability is badly lacking.

Miss St may have started this, but in multiple places the Tulsa kids were all about it. This doesn't look good on us and we aren't handling it well.

Corey Taylor did though, and his post game was refreshing, when asked about the issue he handled it as two sides. Remarked when asked about how this will affect Tulsa football with a positive affirmation of what Tulsa football is suppose to be about. Guy will make a great PR or marketing person if he wants.

That same player then went live on Instagram bragging about kicking him in the face with all of his little buddies laughing about it

Barbaric. If he isn’t out several games next year, I would refuse to ever play SEC teams ever again. Dude belongs in jail.

Barbaric. If he isn’t out several games next year, I would refuse to ever play SEC teams ever again. Dude belongs in jail.

Is that supposed to be English ? Dude can’t even talk, also he just confessed to assault if any judge can understand whatever the hell he said

He went to a community college in Mississippi, which I believe we would view as a federally controlled middle school here.
He is still working on how to pronounce words , knowing the ABCs is not so common in Mississippi

His ass may not make it on the plane back to Mississippi. Leach squads do play on the edge, but he’s never put up with this type of stuff from his players. I think you’ll find some old Leach interviews where he explains what a fan he is of social media. This isn’t going to increase his love of it...

His ass may not make it on the plane back to Mississippi. Leach squads do play on the edge, but he’s never put up with this type of stuff from his players. I think you’ll find some old Leach interviews where he explains what a fan he is of social media. This isn’t going to increase his love of it...

I’m not so sure. He’s a weird dude. I mean, I’d whip Craig James’ boy, too, but there was a bunch of weird crap that went on at Tech.

Whatever trash talking occurred before and during the game, it appears this all started with an MSU guy chasing our guys down as they were leaving

I will not buy another piece of gear, I will not buy a ticket, or support a single University of Tulsa thing until he is gone. What a ****ing joke he has turned this into.

I am done.

Do you think you’ll be able to stick to this? I don’t think I could ever skip a football game, and I’d be Nekkid without Tulsa gear.

Reactions: Henry Kendall
Do you think you’ll be able to stick to this? I don’t think I could ever skip a football game, and I’d be Nekkid without Tulsa gear.

I don't like how this behavior looks, I also don't like the way we are responding/handling it.

Lots of people talk about (correctly IMO) about how athletics are our front door and how most people not local know TU. Athletics played a big part in me looking into the school to start with.

For people with little Tulsa knowledge all they may hear about is this fight, it sours the whole thing and a pretty good year. This whole season has been too much of this nonsense, which has Tulsa looking like a double wide with a no trespassing sign on its chain link fence instead of a nice McMansion with a circle drive.

Show me some accountability for anything in this program right now, because I don't see any from anyone and that bothers me.

So yes I am pretty serious because that is not what I want Tulsa to be.

Most of my not for work wardrobe is TU, i actually have been losing weight and was looking forward to some new stuff to put in the collection. What little I have been out over this whole weird 2020 I have enjoyed the conversations our basketball run and football season have brought from people noticing my sweatshirt, golf shirt, or whatever.

Lets just say my dress will be a lot more formal without the TU stuff, when I worked for media relations I would get anything with Tulsa on it and my collection has stayed pretty stacked since then. Some of the ugly yellows held on for a while lol so I never got much else to wear. Where it will really hurt though is all the shirts, hoodies, hats, etc I get and give to my family. Nieces and nephews get new stuff every christmas plus all the other stuff i get them. They out grow something and I hear about it right away.

I don't like how this behavior looks, I also don't like the way we are responding/handling it.

Lots of people talk about (correctly IMO) about how athletics are our front door and how most people not local know TU. Athletics played a big part in me looking into the school to start with.

For people with little Tulsa knowledge all they may hear about is this fight, it sours the whole thing and a pretty good year. This whole season has been too much of this nonsense, which has Tulsa looking like a double wide with a no trespassing sign on its chain link fence instead of a nice McMansion with a circle drive.

Show me some accountability for anything in this program right now, because I don't see any from anyone and that bothers me.

So yes I am pretty serious because that is not what I want Tulsa to be.

Most of my not for work wardrobe is TU, i actually have been losing weight and was looking forward to some new stuff to put in the collection. What little I have been out over this whole weird 2020 I have enjoyed the conversations our basketball run and football season have brought from people noticing my sweatshirt, golf shirt, or whatever.

Lets just say my dress will be a lot more formal without the TU stuff, when I worked for media relations I would get anything with Tulsa on it and my collection has stayed pretty stacked since then. Some of the ugly yellows held on for a while lol so I never got much else to wear. Where it will really hurt though is all the shirts, hoodies, hats, etc I get and give to my family. Nieces and nephews get new stuff every christmas plus all the other stuff i get them. They out grow something and I hear about it right away.

During the presentation to prospective students visiting the campus, the very first thing being mentioned this year is the success of the football team. I wonder if they’ll rethink that after today.

guess what we would have never seen if Todd was the coach? I remember a bunch of alumni complaining because Todd cussed on the sidelines... he may have cussed but he had the fear of God in the players. we were disciplined. I miss having a coach who believes in discipline. todds defense sucked compared to our D now though lol

what really bugs me is the black cloud this puts on our program. i was talking to my pops this afternoon and said hopefully we get a recruiting boost with being top 25... now parents will see the fight and rethink any chance we had.

Didn't see the end of the game, but what a disgrace. Our incompetent university probably gives him a 4 year ext. though because Tulsa.

Nuke Monty, and Nuke #11. (in the sense that I hope they never see a tulsa football field again, but have a very nice and healthy life.)

During the presentation to prospective students visiting the campus, the very first thing being mentioned this year is the success of the football team. I wonder if they’ll rethink that after today.

I don't know. I do know our coach allowed a situation where that is a question.

Never mind the support we could have picked up in a sport starved state with a team that finished in the top 25 and would have been in the mix for preseason rankings.

It was a bad day and the fight just sours the whole positive momentum and out look that had been built. Not going to help Monty get other offers either.

Reactions: drboobay
Found out he had a DUI in August

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT