ADVERTISEMENT

Nevada Thread

Let me know when I should quit being concerned about our outside shooting. This year has been sad so far and yet we are 4-0. Crazy.

I’m watching since I have a horrible migraine delaying my heading to the in-laws.

We can’t make a 3 ptr but our defense is really confounding Nevada’s offense. Down 27-18, but it was 22-18 until we ran into each other on rebound leading to an easy outback by Nevada and then them making a very long range 3.

Thus far we are matching Nevada’s physicality and Nevada is struggling with it. Unless we start making 3s though they’re going to pull away here soon.

Still we’ve looked better this first 12 minutes than we have all season in a 1st half.

These refs are bad. They’ve called two fouls on us while Nevada is shooting 3s we didn’t thouch the player either time, but the refs called it immediately after the Nevada flopped. Bad refs but good coaching.

Nevada is really good and just too big for us but man are they fun to watch. TU is decent we just can't get our shot going. Sorry if negative but the truth is the truth

Agree on the refs. Chippy fouls on us and hard non calls on Nevada

Looks like Taplin caught on he got the Nevada guy in the air and shot... Taplin was barely grazed but the refs called it.

At least they’re calling that consistently.

I will say the refs are calling the inside game consistently and letting us be very physical inside with them when we are on defense.

The 3 point shooting today is very concerning but I think Nevada’s length and aggressive close outs is a massive factor in that too.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Can't win shooting like this, but with the game officiated like this it wasn't going to happen anyway.

Nevada has way better players at every position. Definitely calibrates my expectations of TU a bit.

They’re making TU look sloppy and slow.

It’s probably time for a “post game thoughts” thread from Gold.

Still looking forward to the season and still expect 20 wins.

The Nevada length definitely a factor but we have missed at least 5 wide open time to set 3's. We are 1/9 from the 3!

I agree, my intent wasn’t to make it sound like an excuse. But wanted to post that tidbit for anyone whose unable to watch the game.

Also, what kind of zone lets a team get it into the post whenever they want

Nevada has way better players at every position. Definitely calibrates my expectations of TU a bit.

They’re making TU look sloppy and slow.

It’s probably time for a “post game thoughts” thread from Gold.

Still looking forward to the season and still expect 20 wins.

They’re by far the best team we play in the regular season. If we were shooting 3s at our season rate we’d be winning.

I guess my POV is different than yours but this is giving me more confidence that we could win the conference if we improve in the out of conference as we typically do under Haith.

Reactions: goldenhurricane2
This was not a good game to schedule. We’re now going to be stuck playing a crap southern Illinois team.

This was not a good game to schedule. We’re now going to be stuck playing a crap southern Illinois team.

Are you watching? You complained because it’d basically be a Nevada home game, there’s MAYBE 1,000 people there and that’s being generous.

You don’t get better not scheduling good teams. Highly unlikely we win but this is a great game for the guys to get an early season game against a tough opponent.

I know you’ll never admit to being wrong and won’t ever change the hill you stand on but you’re misguided on this silly bad scheduling decision stance here.

I’m very happy with our schedule this year. I definitely think our 4-0 record is very soft, but I’m really excited about our next 5-6 games. Fantastic scheduling.

Unfortunately, we have so many wing players that are basically the same player...and none of them are good shooters.

Sure wish Moore was stronger.

Now it’s time to see if Haith can continue making good 2nd half adjustments. Will be interesting because they have a much better coach than any we’ve seen thus far.

To win this type of game we have to make an unusual amount of threes and free throws. Not happening yet. I am tired of seeing other AAC and MVC teams get 5 star players and we struggle to get a three star.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
Sure wish Moore was stronger.

Unfortunately, it seems like he’s a year away from where I’d hoped he would be. A streaky 6th man that can fill it up in bunches when he’s on. I still see that potential in him but his defense MUST improve before he will play much.

As I’ve said in other threads more times than I can count, it’s incredibly frustrating to me he isn’t better on defense. He’s quick and very long, he should be one of our best defenders with the zone we run but doesn’t move his feet and seems out of position on skip passes.

Off topic but OSU up 10 on Memphis at halftime

Is OSU better than expected or is Memphis worse than we all predicted? I didn’t expect much from Penny as HC but OSU was predicted last and the tiny bit I’ve seen of them this year they didn’t look good.

They can’t have Nevada losing today so close to home. What a crock of stuff officiating

Nevada’s little guard came off the bench for one thing. Please guard him.
4 illegal screens by us ?????

Refs are making bad calls AND calling anticipation fouls. Making the game painful to watch

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT