ADVERTISEMENT

Nevada Thread

Please stay on the little guard. He is getting wide open threes. I will eat my words on Barnes. He can play at this level.

Barnes has greatly surprised me, I thought best case he was the 2nd coming of Wheatley (good defender and rebounder with 0 offense). Can’t shoot but he can really slash.

Free throw shooting decent today. Problem is 3 point shooting. If we were at just 30%, not even that good, we’d be even in this game

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Down 13 but I'm actually encouraged by how we're playing. Nevada will do this to ranked teams, especially if games are called this way

Beating a dead horse I know, but looking at that possession: we rebound, get knocked to the floor and lose it out of bounds, no call. They drive inside and our guy has his hands straight up and down; and 1 for Nevada. How do you get stops in this game?

22 fouls on the good guys so far. If we were hitting a decent percentage from deep we would be right with them.

Please guard the little guy. He was recruited to shoot the three and usually is a sub but we are making him an all star by not guarding him.

Not being able to shoot from 3 and they’re hitting 40% and there’s the difference. We’re not playing terrible. Hitting 50% of our 2 pt FGs. Nevada has also shot 12 more FTs. Lots of iffy calls.

We do need to hit some shots from deep though. Taplin showing just how good he is in this one.

Hell win or lose if Tulsa can just hit a few more 3s they will win a lot of games this year. This is my worried face :sunglasses:

Too athletic for Scott today. Korita was tougher.

Great game today. Problem remains, rebounding and outside shooting.

And Tulsa outscores Nevada by 1 in the second half. Hope Tap is ok and Tulsa will roll easy tomorrow. Great effort but when they shoot 45 free throws that hurts

Also, Gottleib should never be allowed to do commentary on our games. It is very obvious he has no respect for TU, constantly making negative comments about us and our program.
He's showing a little more respect this half. The worst outcome at the end up with Taplin hurt.

The replay showed the Nevada player bodied Taplin down on the 3 point attempt

Losing by 10 to the #6 team in the country isn’t anything to be ashamed of. We had some opportunities and we couldn’t capitalize. If we hit some 3s this could have turned out differently. All that combined with some questionable officiating and the chips just don’t fall our way today.

I’m hoping Taplin is ok, because if he isn’t we could be in a little trouble.

We showed some potential tonight and there are some positives to build off of moving forward.

If tap misses a couple games we should be ok against that competition. I would like him back by Utah or osu at the latest

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Please stay on the little guard. He is getting wide open threes.

He came into the game with 5 times as many 3-point attempts as 2-point attempts. 5/7 from 3 and 0/2 from 2 today.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT