ADVERTISEMENT

"NET" to debut today

Seems pointless to release that this early. I’m ready for us to get on the court tomorrow and wash the last game taste out of our mouths. After tomorrow, the next 3 games are BIG BIG BIG.

Ahhh yes...

The oh no! RPI isn't giving us enough ACC teams in the tourney anymore, time to change, ranking.

They will figure out how to get that 4-16 ACC 15th place conference record an at large over Middle Tenn who went 18-2 and lost their conference tournament championship game.

Soon they'll only have to arrange the play in games to have two mid majors facing off so that way the big boys don't have to soil their hands with these "good" teams.

Biggest shocker in the initial NET rankings is Loyola Marymount in tenth. I'll have to dig into the formula a bit more, I suspect it is due to how few games teams have played.

The rankings are worthless at least for a few more weeks. Just dumb.

I agree, we are going to be low in these rankings, regardless of our record, until we get to the meat of our out of conference games.

Notre dame has played 6 home
Games, and lost to radford in one of them, but they’re 19. Bias much?

Don't understand the ND ranking at all. We have a lot of work to do.

Tomorrow's opponent is #222

We can significantly raise that in the next couple weeks. Just win. Simply put. Taps ankle should be much better this week and help with his explosiveness and lateral movement he clearly lacked last game.

Beating K State #24 is obviously the biggest game. I actually think we match up with them better than OSU. Utah at #169 is disappointing.

I guarantee this new formula will favor the top three of four conferences once those teams get into league play.

It will need most of the ooc games to begin to make sense. But I expect some funky out comes.

That's the correct answer, but they still deserve criticism for not being more transparent about this metric.

Early returns are that SOS is significantly underweighted, so you're better off running it up against a cupcake schedule.

Reactions: TU4ever2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT