ADVERTISEMENT

Navy game postponed

How can this be rescheduled?

Army Navy is on our only open date. We may end up playing 8 games or less.

Reactions: TULSARISING
probably a blessing in disguise. After AAC criticism of ECU referees, TU was bound to get screwed in Annapolis this weekend, a regular occurrence. However, I'm disappointed because TU was going to win this game.
Wonder whether Navy would play the week before Army. They treat that game as a bowl game. I have my doubts about whether Navy will be rescheduled.

Reactions: HuffyCane
I’m really not too sad about not playing Navy if I’m being dead honest

We haven't beaten them since 07, but I felt like this year we would've added one in the win column against these guys... Their triple option is weak this year, our defense is strong this year. Our offense is a crap shoot, but I would've put a few bucks on our chances had we played them. Seems like the one year Tulsa isn't the easy win on the calendar, these opponents are getting the sniffles...

Looks like our opponents would rather contract COVID-19 than play TU. ;)

I'm joking of course. But another damn cancellation stinks!

• Haha
Reactions: TU 1978
We haven't beaten them since 07, but I felt like this year we would've added one in the win column against these guys... Their triple option is weak this year, our defense is strong this year. Our offense is a crap shoot, but I would've put a few bucks on our chances had we played them. Seems like the one year Tulsa isn't the easy win on the calendar, these opponents are getting the sniffles...
2006. Kragthorpe’s last year.

After looking at navy’s schedule we were the hardest game they have left. After getting shellacked by the Smoo and watching our tape I’m convinced they wanted to find a way to keep us from beating their tail. I am so mad about this.

If the navy game is our first trip,(loss) I'll be hacked.
Not to be negative but we don’t need to play Navy at Navy that late we probably won’t even be favored at Annapolis. Would kill any chance of meeting Cincy in championship game in my opinion.

Not to be negative but we don’t need to play Navy at Navy that late we probably won’t even be favored at Annapolis. Would kill any chance of meeting Cincy in championship game in my opinion.
If navy is our first loss then we will be in the championship game even if we lose to Cincinnati. Every team below us has 2 losses at least and we would have beat most if not all of them

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
What if Memphis wins out who would get the bid if Memphis has 2 losses and we lose to navy and Cincy at home or if navy wins out and has the tiebreaker head to head win

Last edited:
ESPN has already announced we play UC on Friday night Dec 4th. They own the rights to this game and CBS Sports own the rights to Navy home game (article says game to be played at Navy Dec 5th). Can’t see ESPN trying to accommodate Navy unless there is something in it for them and the AAC makes more $$$ from ESPN. I checked the AAC home page and there is nothing about a switch. Hopefully a rumor.

I'm all for it. I want to see this team get an extra win for this truncated season... This is the year TU could beat Navy 7 times out of 10 on paper.

Smu/Houston postpones Saturday due to Houston's Covid cases, hope Houston can play Tulsa next Saturday.

Loca2874 this is for you can you answer this?

First it won't happen, second I believe it goes to each's record against the top team in the league, and on down. Meaning 1st place team comparative records, then 2rd place, then 3rd, until there is a tiebreaker between the two teams.

Reactions: libertychamp
Smu/Houston postpones Saturday due to Houston's Covid cases, hope Houston can play Tulsa next Saturday.
This is at least the 3rd time Houston will lose a game due to COVID in their locker room. They're not doing something right. If it is canceled and we win vs Tulane tomorrow, that would guarantee us a spot in the AAC championship game as everyone below us has 2 losses.

Reactions: quincy101
Loca2874 this is for you can you answer this?
This is how it’s listed on the conference website

Edit
Division standings are based on each team's overall conference record. In the event that two teams are tied, head-to head competition would break the tie. If the two teams did not play, division record will be used to determine the divisional champion. If three or more teams are tied, the following tiebreakers are used to determine the divisional champion:[1]
  • The following procedures will only be used to eliminate all but two teams, at which point the two-team tie-breaking procedure (head-to-head result) will be applied.
  1. Head-to-head (best record in games among the tied teams).
  2. Record in games played within the division.
  3. Record against the next highest placed team in the division (based on record in all Conference games, both divisional and non-divisional).
  4. Record against the next highest placed team in the division (based on record in divisional games).
  5. Record against common non-divisional opponents.
  6. Best overall winning percentage in all games.
  7. Highest CFP ranking following the last weekend of regular-season games.
  8. Coin toss.

As I see it with our win over SMU that will keep us with the tiebreaker over Memphis. Navy on the other hand since we actually play them if they lose one game between now and the end of the season it won’t go to a tie breaker with them.
I do think they will lose to army and Memphis so I am not worried about them. If I put someone in the worry category it would be Memphis as we do not play them. If they lose one game between now and the end of the season then no need for a tie breaker.

All of that is if we only lose to navy and Cincinnati. I want to win out to put us in a chance for a New Years 6

As I see it with our win over SMU that will keep us with the tiebreaker over Memphis. Navy on the other hand since we actually play them if they lose one game between now and the end of the season it won’t go to a tie breaker with them.
I do think they will lose to army and Memphis so I am not worried about them. If I put someone in the worry category it would be Memphis as we do not play them. If they lose one game between now and the end of the season then no need for a tie breaker.

All of that is if we only lose to navy and Cincinnati. I want to win out to put us in a chance for a New Years 6

If TU makes it to a NY6 game, I'm going to pull a Frank Haith pose like your avatar for a good 15 minutes.

This is at least the 3rd time Houston will lose a game due to COVID in their locker room. They're not doing something right. If it is canceled and we win vs Tulane tomorrow, that would guarantee us a spot in the AAC championship game as everyone below us has 2 losses.
Not surprising given the attitude about COVID in Texas in general, plus Cougar High’s general problems with following rules and guidelines during normal times, let alone during a pandemic.

With the Navy vs USF game scheduled for Saturday being postponed, it would make sense to reschedule that game for December 5 & leave our Cincinnati game as scheduled.

However, because that makes common sense, it probably won’t happen!

With the Navy vs USF game scheduled for Saturday being postponed, it would make sense to reschedule that game for December 5 & leave our Cincinnati game as scheduled.

However, because that makes common sense, it probably won’t happen!
There are other teams involved in the reschedules, that you are not accounting for. Memphis, TU, USF, & Army are involved in the Navy reschedules.

Navy v Memphis Nov 28
Navy v Tulsa Dec 5
Navy v Army Dec 12
Conference championship Dec 19
Navy v USF ???

Navy v Memphis Nov 28
Navy v Tulsa Dec 5
Navy v Army Dec 12
Conference championship Dec 19
Navy v USF ???

That’s my point. USF doesn’t have a game scheduled the weekend of December 5th, we do. Play USF-Navy December 5 & leave our Cincinnati game as it is.

That’s my point. USF doesn’t have a game scheduled the weekend of December 5th, we do. Play USF-Navy December 5 & leave our Cincinnati game as it is.
And then we don't play Navy at all?

If that's what you meant, then I'm sorry, I misunderstood you.

Don't know if they are thinking about delaying the schedule any more to get Navy v USF game in.

Any more delays than have already happened, and this gets incredibly HAIRY.

They might just have the Navy v USF game on Dec 17th or 18th, if Navy loses to Memphis, and is out of contention for the championship.(Of course we'd have to beat Tulane & Houston to keep them out of contention)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT