ADVERTISEMENT

Pritchard Doing Well

Who Is That Jeremy Renner GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

I'm still disappointed with him giving on the team last year. I totally get it. We had a awfully year and loosing sucks, but it still bugs me that he gave up on his teammates and packed up his bags and left. If Central Michigan (2-4) continues to loose games, what would keep him from doing the same thing again?

Sam Griffin’s comments in Wyoming that he thinks he should have been the point guard makes me suspect TU team chemistry the last couple years wasn’t great.

Pritchard overcame a very tough childhood just to make it to college. I’m still rooting for him to be successful.

Sam Griffin’s comments in Wyoming that he thinks he should have been the point guard makes me suspect TU team chemistry the last couple years wasn’t great.

Pritchard overcame a very tough childhood just to make it to college. I’m still rooting for him to be successful.
Sam Griffin also threatened to fight TU fans via Twitter. So if he’s willing to do that… I’m sure there were some locker room issues.

I'm still disappointed with him giving on the team last year. I totally get it. We had an awfully year and loosing sucks, but it still bugs me that he gave up on his teammates and packed up his bags and left. If Central Michigan (2-4) continues to loose games, what would keep him from doing the same thing again?
I am generally not one for throwing shade (as the kids say) at players but I could really care less how Pritchard is doing. He quit on the team last year. That is inexcusable as far as I am concerned. As for Griffin, when he was recruited, he probably was promised the PG and then he picked up Pritchard and went to get that kid from Chicago. So I am sure he was bitter. As for Twitter, I have always had good interactions with his account whether it is him on the account or some one watching it for him. I have had good interactions with him in person as well.

I am generally not one for throwing shade (as the kids say) at players but I could really care less how Pritchard is doing. He quit on the team last year. That is inexcusable as far as I am concerned. As for Griffin, when he was recruited, he probably was promised the PG and then he picked up Pritchard and went to get that kid from Chicago. So I am sure he was bitter. As for Twitter, I have always had good interactions with his account whether it is him on the account or some one watching it for him. I have had good interactions with him in person as well.
Okay, I watched almost every game last year.. when did Pritchard quit on the team?

When he was supposedly injured towards the end of the year.
And you know that wasn't a real injury because? And you know there was no truth to the rumors the coach told him he wanted him out mid-season?

Reactions: t-townpod
And you know that wasn't a real injury because? And you know there was no truth to the rumors the coach told him he wanted him out mid-season?
I wouldn't listen to that rumor that the coach told him he wanted him out at midseason. I doubt that is true. If it is true though, I imagine it was a discipline thing. If true, I assume the coach asked him to do some things on the court that he refused to do. I can't imagine it was over his playing ability.

Reactions: TulsaAM
I wouldn't listen to that rumor that the coach told him he wanted him out at midseason. I doubt that is true. If it is true though, I imagine it was a discipline thing. If true, I assume the coach asked him to do some things on the court that he refused to do. I can't imagine it was over his playing ability.
I believe he was ill (rumor was mono) for weeks. Then some personal items arose… we will never know the details but I definitely don’t have any malice towards the kid. Last year sucked for everyone… including the guys on the team.

100%! I can tell you with certainty that Pritchard did not quit on the team last year. He was doing what he was directed to do by the staff during the season and following the the season he had the opportunity to stay but made the decision that it would be best for his situation to transfer.

He's a great kid, does the right thing, and has overcome more than most will ever know.

You know he didn’t quit how? The actions showed he quit the team. He wasn’t at the court during the last several games. The rest of the team was. Those who are injured were there cheering on their teammates even though they were leaving. He is on TikTok, supposedly injured, and Instagram just hamming it up. He was also the first transfer as soon as the portal opened. So unless you have something that can contradict the actions that he showed, then I say for certainty as you put it, that he quit on this team.

Reactions: TU_BLA and dlsnid
You know he didn’t quit how? The actions showed he quit the team. He wasn’t at the court during the last several games. The rest of the team was. Those who are injured were there cheering on their teammates even though they were leaving. He is on TikTok, supposedly injured, and Instagram just hamming it up. He was also the first transfer as soon as the portal opened. So unless you have something that can contradict the actions that he showed, then I say for certainty as you put it, that he quit on this team.
I’ll take the heat for saying that I do know and that it’s not my place to post the details. Believe what you will, but his absence was legitimate and the course of action that Coach Konkol and his staff prescribed.

I can agree that hamming it up on social media certainly wasn’t a good look and the type of poor decision kids today too often make.

Reactions: loca2874
I’ll take the heat for saying that I do know and that it’s not my place to post the details. Believe what you will, but his absence was legitimate and the course of action that Coach Konkol and his staff prescribed.

I can agree that hamming it up on social media certainly wasn’t a good look and the type of poor decision kids today too often make.
If the rumor was the reason they were giving out in private, mono? I did not ever feel like hamming it up in the month or two after I first caught mono, the summer after my senior year in high school. I was too run down, dreary, and depressed because of what the illness did to me. I couldn't have even forced 'hamming it up' very well if I had to for some reason.

At the end of the day he is no longer on this roster. The whole thing and the way the team played left a very bad taste in my mouth so I don’t think about any of them. It’s like breaking up with that bad ex girlfriend. She did you wrong and you are trying to move on and people keep bringing her up.

Reactions: Li'l Eric Coley
It might be a win-win for everyone involved, only time will tell.

I like our guards and wouldn't trade them for either guard that left.

Actually there's very few players that left that would be better than what we have now IMO. Several freshman are just going to get better.

They made the decision I'd assume to enter the portal so it's over for me as a TU fan.

Funny thing about team sports, egos and attitudes matter and can ruin team unity.

Sam Griffin also threatened to fight TU fans via Twitter. So if he’s willing to do that… I’m sure there were some locker room issues.
To be fair some of us would benefit from the experience of being punched in the face by some of our players. They're just like any other 18-22 yr old who doesn't always respond in the best way. Their self worth is tied up in the sport they play, they're competitive, and they don't like seeing themselves criticized on social media. I wish he and his teammates had given a little more effort last year, but I'm still rooting for them.

Reactions: rusty-c and ctt8410
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT