ADVERTISEMENT

Maybe Memphis needs to change their name to Thug U

Wealthy in prison doesn't do you much good. Really dumb move on this kid's part. You can take the kid out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of the kid?

$1.2 million dollar house and you still playing gang banger.....I am a product of the ghetto and I worked my ass off to get out of the ghetto. Once out you better believe I was never doing anything again that would put my new life in peril. These kids need better role models. Not Russell C-walking across the floor.

$1.2 million dollar house and you still playing gang banger.....I am a product of the ghetto and I worked my ass off to get out of the ghetto. Once out you better believe I was never doing anything again that would put my new life in peril. These kids need better role models. Not Russell C-walking across the floor.
College basketball players should not have multi million dollar homes.

College basketball players should not have multi million dollar homes.
Multi equals x 1.2? I always thought it meant x 2 or more.

So he can be rich at 20 or 21 when he leaves for the NBA, but not while he's in college?
Well I dont know about that - A lot of rich parents who can afford to send their kids to all kinds of camps tend to get their kids to college.
His home was bought with his NIL money as far as I know.

So he can be rich at 20 or 21 when he leaves for the NBA, but not while he's in college?

Oh I agree his was, but I was talking about his blanket statement.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW

You’re right about the incorrect verbiage…. although you’re being needlessly pedantic.

I don’t care where the money came from. Pro players should be in pro leagues. Amateur players should be in amateur leagues. The NBA should not be allowed to arbitrarily detriment the NCAA by disallowing players from becoming professionals. The NCAA should not allow professionalism for kids who are supposed to be students first and players second.

If there exist almost zero connection with these athletes academically then the athletic programs should be made to exist independent of the universities the same as in European soccer. There’s nothing wrong with a kid playing for a club team. Why keep up the charade of some sort of academics?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT