ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan Game Thread

Birt and Woodard lost this game. Plain and simple. I'll never get why we settled for a Birt drive when Shaq had been killing it all 2nd half

Love you seniors. Thanks for the effort but fitting end that it was FTs that cost us. Valiant effort from Juice at the end.

Reactions: TUBballJunkie
Shaq calling for ball and Birt doesn't throw it back.

Haith not very emotional during game. Feel really bad for Shaq. He played all conference.

Reactions: Gold*
Better way to end it than the embarrassing Memphis loss.

But Birt's disappearance or perhaps other teams focusing on him was the downfall of this team. Just not enough scorers.

But kudos to this team. 2 NCAA appearances is a real accomplishment after a dry decade, especially considering their missing pieces.

Let's finish this game like Wichita State finished last night. Let's go!
Congratulations to Harrison, Smith and Swanney...the only ones who showed up tonight.
Birt had 1 rebound, 0 points, 0 assists,o steals in 28 minutes...WELL DONE CHOKE !

Woodard, what can you say ? Absolutely pathetic...horrible time to lose your confidence.
TU up one and Curtis dribbles into the lane and falls down...perfect.

Reactions: TURoadTrip
Definitely feel for Shaq smith and swanny. The only ones that played like they really wanted to move on. Should of won this game that's the depressing part. And now we get to listen to people say I told you so

We had some nice wins this year, but losing to a very beatable Michigan team In the tourney is extreamly alarming. Hopefully we can make some noise in the CBI tournament next year.

Congratulations to Harrison, Smith and Swanney...the only ones who showed up tonight.
Birt had 1 rebound, 0 points, 0 assists,o steals in 28 minutes...WELL DONE CHOKE !

Woodard, what can you say ? Absolutely pathetic...horrible time to lose your confidence.
TU up one and Curtis dribbles into the lane and falls down...perfect.
This post is pathetic

Reactions: TU_BLA
yeah... I forgot about Frank going with WRIGHT and CURTIS over Smith and Swanny the final 2 minutes. WEIRD... No? Like, WTF weird?

yeah... I forgot about Frank going with WRIGHT and CURTIS over Smith and Swanny the final 2 minutes. WEIRD... No? Like, WTF weird?
It wasn't just the last 2 minutes. Pretty sure it started around the 6 minute mark.
Especially crazy since those two incredible defensive players were KILLING it on offense all night.

I don't blame Woodard. He was getting hard doubled and sometimes tripled all night. This one's on Haith, Birt, and Wright.

A little perspective is in order.

We had fallen off the map. These guys got us back in the discussion and even got an at large bid.

Remember Nolan and JD did not win a single ncaa game. It is never easy.

I don't like the substitution patterns at all. It was obvious who should of been out there in cruch time, and for whatever reason, Teo of the guys werent. Excited for next year, but this loss will take some time to get over. Should be playing Friday, just a few bone head plays and open misses. Frustrating in many ways

The fact that these seniors got to 2 NCAAs? Crazy. Just crazy. That's a big deal. They will have that memory forever... those banners will last forever.... Possibly the least skilled group of BB players to get the dance in a Tulsa uniform. Lots of effort and heart.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Birt's shooting mid season got us the tourney bid. He actually played good defense tonight, minus the last 3 he gave up going under the screen. It's hard to win when he does not score a point, Woodard goes 3-12, and Ray misses all his 3's.

Shaq was the best player on the court.

20 points in first half, 42 in the second. That's crazy. Haith did something right during halftime.

I don't like the substitution patterns at all. It was obvious who should of been out there in cruch time, and for whatever reason, Teo of the guys werent. Excited for next year, but this loss will take some time to get over. Should be playing Friday, just a few bone head plays and open misses. Frustrating in many ways
I would have liked to see swanningan play more in the second half....seemed like he was playing with passion but spent so much time on the bench

Reactions: TUBballJunkie
It still boggles my mind that these guys achieved greater heights than the talent Wojcik had.

Wojciks peak talent and Haith and we lose 5 games this year and are a 5-6 seed.

I hope Haith can recruit like Wojcik did. This upcoming class looks as promising as any in recent memory so I'm hopeful we will see progress.

I lined out next years team in Excel after the Memphis loss and I'll post it when I'm back on my PC.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Two trips to the dance in 3 years with an NIT in between, can't be too upset. Could they have won the game? Yes. Should they have won the game? Again, yes, but overall a good season and like others I'm already looking forward to next season and what the new guys can do, maybe they can shock the world.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT