ADVERTISEMENT

Memphis @ Houston

TU_BLA

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2012
Tulsa, OK
Basically everyone in this league 3-6 is about the same level they just get to that level in different ways. These two going to OT in Houston and holy cow there are more than 25 people in the arena. Memphis played ole D the last 12 seconds up 2.

Cincinnati
SMU
3-6 (us, UH, Memphis, UCF)
7-10 (UCONN, ECU, Temple, USF)

SMU is just barely ahead of the 3-6 group

Memphis wins shooting 42% from the line and 17% from three. Houston had been popping up on some Last 4 In lists, but they've now lost 3 of their last 4.

Memphis wins shooting 42% from the line and 17% from three. Houston had been popping up on some Last 4 In lists, but they've now lost 3 of their last 4.
Cougs really aren't that great. They have one player who is dynamic with the all in his hands and an OK supporting cast. This is why I like our team better than UH....Taplin, Birt, and Etou can all go off in any given day and we get a ton of support and production from the rest of the team as a collective. Our depth is actual depth rather than just playing a lot of guys. TU will look back at the UH game and see it as a missed opportunity but also one they've learned from on how to finish games out.

We should have beat them also. Of all the games we've lost this year that is the one that bothers me the most.

Jacksonville State and Yooler still irk me. ORU beat Yooler and they are turrible. Also, OSU is 0-6 in Big 12.

But we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory at UH. We'll get them here.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Two reasons the Houston game bothers me more than those is it was a conference game and we freakin' had it and gave it away. Jacksonville, first game of the season and missing a projected starter, wasn't the surprise to me that it seems to be to everyone else. We always have a tough time in Little Rock. We aren't getting an at Large this year and beating Jacksonville State and UALR wouldn't change that. Conference seeding does make a difference though. In a single elimination tourney anything can happen and in this league the difference between fifth and sixth is YUGE.

Those Yooler and Jackrabbit State games make a difference in RPI and this postseason options. Houston was a lost opportunity, but not an RPI killer.

Two reasons the Houston game bothers me more than those is it was a conference game and we freakin' had it and gave it away. Jacksonville, first game of the season and missing a projected starter, wasn't the surprise to me that it seems to be to everyone else. We always have a tough time in Little Rock. We aren't getting an at Large this year and beating Jacksonville State and UALR wouldn't change that. Conference seeding does make a difference though. In a single elimination tourney anything can happen and in this league the difference between fifth and sixth is YUGE.

If Magnay would have only made that layup we would probably be undefeated in conference play right now.

This is supposed to be a down year. This team is improving. It is fun to watch. Good things are ahead. Get more people to the Don Rey.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
Those Yooler and Jackrabbit State games make a difference in RPI and this postseason options. Houston was a lost opportunity, but not an RPI killer.

If we we're Duke, Nova, etc they would be overlooked as early season games as a young team was coming together.
As it is, the selection committee will call those losses Lucille and Negan us with them even if we miraculously win out.

UH now has a 4th loss looming @ SMU this weekend. UH drops out of the top tier this weekend.

If we we're Duke, Nova, etc they would be overlooked as early season games as a young team was coming together.
As it is, the selection committee will call those losses Lucille and Negan us with them even if we miraculously win out.
Another autocorrect mystery.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
This is supposed to be a down year. This team is improving. It is fun to watch. Good things are ahead. Get more people to the Don Rey.
I say Frank Haith should be on the early track for Coach of the Year in the AACK! He's recruited well & has this team molded together quicker than anyone could expect. He won't get it, of course, because TU never gets any respect from anyone. We still have a killer Feb. to go but nobody will want to meet us in the conf. tourney.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT