ADVERTISEMENT

This is the Democratic Party.

I thought you were on Israel’s side anyway? Maybe the pier and the support was Biden quelling domestic / international calls for peace so Israel could finish the job. You never know
Not sure I’m on a side other than wanting peace and Hamas gone. I also want aid to reach those who aren’t members of Hamas in Gaza. As I said on October 8th, Israel will never allow Hamas to remain in Gaza. Hamas had to know this when they conducted the Oct massacre. All of us sure did.

Presidents always get the credit during times of peace and prosperity and take the blame in times of economic troubles and world conflicts which we are involved….right of wrong. The optics regarding Biden hasn’t been particularly good due to the remarks made by his appointees regarding things like inflation and Gaza. Not to mention the fact those people haven’t been replaced. I still don’t understand how we spend almost $500M building and staffing a pier off the Gaza coast without a viable plan to distribute the aid to the people of Gaza. Seems that should have been addressed prior to spending the $500M.
They hide details of these plans from everybody out there, even their allies. in order to keep info from getting out such that the plan would be more successful. (and not be thwarted) I don't think they even planned to use it now. I believe Putin came with money in hand, and/or used what calling cards he had. I think they realized at the point he called for it, that this plan was possible and suited his needs and their hidden desires.

I find the reasoning behind building that pier of interest.

Reactions: lawpoke87
I get it. The remark was generally directed towards the fact that there are all kinds of polls directed for many different reasons. You often can’t draw fair conclusions from poll results without asking basic questions about why other related questions aren’t asked. And how they are asked.
I realized that was what you were getting at. The questions asked and/or ways they ask the questions are often ways that can intentionally or unintentionally bias a poll. The questions not asked can show a bias as well. I felt the answer to this question you asked was be a bit more mundane & obvious. I was thinking maybe you had a more provocative answer than simply pointing this issue out though.

Reactions: HuffyCane
Crazy stat….20% of hotel rooms in NY are now being used to house migrants. Assume we are paying the hotel owners to house them?

Yes we are 77 Million to house them between January and July of this year. I think it is for 28 days worth of familial housing after which the migrants get transmitted to some other system for support, job training + asylum services. A bit sad that NY is getting this dumped on them in particular. Would like to see it be more evenly dispersed throughout America.

Would like a few families to go to Omaha, Wichita, Tulsa, St. Paul, etc….

Crazy stat….20% of hotel rooms in NY are now being used to house migrants. Assume we are paying the hotel owners to house them?

You mean “assume we are paying exorbitant rates to house them?” At the height of the unaccompanied minor crisis in the Obama administration the government was paying up to $1000 a day, per room, for Hampton Inns, etc. to house kids in varying levels of supervision. Care to guess the political affiliation and past employment history of the contractors hired to find and book those hotels from carefully selected new owners?

People don’t understand the level of political corruption in the immigration industry. It’s not your border that’s open, it’s your wallet.

Reactions: noble cane
Yes we are 77 Million to house them between January and July of this year. I think it is for 28 days worth of familial housing after which the migrants get transmitted to some other system for support, job training + asylum services. A bit sad that NY is getting this dumped on them in particular. Would like to see it be more evenly dispersed throughout America.

I’m sure there are multiple hotel owners in Tulsa who would love to have that $400 a night per room contract with the Feds.

We live in a democracy. People don’t want to live in Tulsa or Wichita. We don’t force people to live in certain places. They want to live where their families are and where they can maximize employment to return funds to their extended families or save to smuggle their children north. The government places them in temporary shelters in dispersed places at the behest of aid agencies and charities willing to operate those temporary shelters. Typically on the 91st or 181st day, depending upon the program they are transitioning out. In many cases, leaving early in exchange for a free plane ticket to LA, Houston or NYC. Where they immediately seek local or state based aid which can continue for years. But whose leaders now want federal money to reimburse them, after they skim a cut and hire a bunch of people into patronage jobs.

I’m sure there are multiple hotel owners in Tulsa who would love to have that $400 a night per room contract with the Feds.
Delta pays several hotels downtown $51 a night. They are that desperate. A lot of people got duped into expanding the hotel numbers downtown based on rosy Drillers Stadium forecasts. I’m surprised several of them haven’t gone belly up.

It’s more than $400 a night in some cases. In an open congressional hearing in 2011 or so, the Office of Refugee Resettlement admitted they were paying more for a couple of Garden Inns in Houston than the advertised refundable rack rate for Four Seasons downtown. They offered no explanation regarding why that single source noncompetitive contract was signed.

We live in a democracy. People don’t want to live in Tulsa or Wichita. We don’t force people to live in certain places. They want to live where their families are and where they can maximize employment to return funds to their extended families or save to smuggle their children north. The government places them in temporary shelters in dispersed places at the behest of aid agencies and charities willing to operate those temporary shelters. Typically on the 91st or 181st day, depending upon the program they are transitioning out. In many cases, leaving early in exchange for a free plane ticket to LA, Houston or NYC. Where they immediately seek local or state based aid which can continue for years. But whose leaders now want federal money to reimburse them, after they skim a cut and hire a bunch of people into patronage jobs.
Well, I suppose it’s time to acquaint these families with one of the most basic ideas in the American ideology… “beggars can’t be choosers”

I know in another thread I talked about a close family acquaintance escaping Nazi Germany with his family after the war through the help of an American GI…. His father was an Olympian and a lawyer in Weimar Germany…. You know what his dad did when he got to the USA? He worked as a chicken farmer in Jersey.

Last edited:
Well, I suppose it’s time to acquaint these families with one of the most basic ideas in the American ideology… “beggars can’t be choosers”

I know in another thread I talked about a close family acquaintance escaping Nazi Germany with his family after the war through the help of an American GI…. His father was an Olympian and a lawyer in Weimar Germany…. You know what his dad did when he got to the USA? He worked as a chicken farmer in Jersey.
Well, it’s well documented that Roosevelt and the Democrats blocked migration increases to the USA from Nazi held areas. That’s why your friend had to wait until after the war. And Roosevelt famously demanded that those allowed in be “spread thin” throughout the country to avoid them concentrating political power in Congressional districts particularly in New York. Truman was much more direct.

Much of the migration policy on the left is shaped in part by collective guilt over those policies. That and a desire to get as many 10 year olds working in egg farms outside of Cleveland as possible and enough unskilled labor in the large cities to compensate for the permanent underclass unable or refusing to work for minimum wage.

So you might think a bit on why you want to condition relocation assistance on geographic settlement choices and why some, but not all Democratic operatives are keen to move extended relief services into purple Congressional districts.

Not that it matters. They are going to go where they want. Joe Biden will spend more on migration relief this year than the combined budgets of DHS spent on immigration enforcement since its creation in 2003, including wall construction. We will fly them wherever they want to go because it frees up bed space for tomorrow. They have their own dedicated TSA lines at some airports.

And that’s on top of the money we give the UN who will spend over $1 billion on migration services. Direct assistance. $350 million of that in cash to offset transportation expenses. Hard currency for the cartel bribes and prepaid debit for food. Most that will be given to Venezuelans venturing into the Darrien Gap. Many never make it to the other side. About $75 million of that will go to DC NGOs to send emails to one another until it’s time to go back to work on a Dem campaign, move to a think tank or work in Biden’s second term. An unknown amount of that will pay overhead so other funds can be diverted to Democratic campaign funds.

We are paying for all of this to happen. Turning off that spigot, especially to the cartels, who see at least $2.5 billion a year, perhaps more, just smuggling children that we pay to house at up to $1000 a day once they arrive. That doesn’t count the guns and drugs and fake prescription medications. If you took an antibiotic in the last three years and you don’t believe it helped you, chances are good it was smuggled up by a cartel mule paying $6 to $8K to be guided over the border and forced to carry the freight.

Last edited:
Well, it’s well documented that Roosevelt and the Democrats blocked migration increases to the USA from Nazi held areas. That’s why your friend had to wait until after the war. And Roosevelt famously demanded that those allowed in be “spread thin” throughout the country to avoid them concentrating political power in Congressional districts particularly in New York. Truman was much more direct.

Much of the migration policy on the left is shaped in part by collective guilt over those policies. That and a desire to get as many 10 year olds working in egg farms outside of Cleveland as possible and enough unskilled labor in the large cities to compensate for the permanent underclass unable or refusing to work for minimum wage.

So you might think a bit on why you want to condition relocation assistance on geographic settlement choices and why some, but not all Democratic operatives are keen to move extended relief services into purple Congressional districts.

Not that it matters. They are going to go where they want. Joe Biden will spend more on migration relief this year than the combined budgets of DHS spent on immigration enforcement since its creation in 2003, including wall construction. We will fly them wherever they want to go because it frees up bed space for tomorrow. They have their own dedicated TSA lines at some airports.

And that’s on top of the money we give the UN who will spend over $1 billion on migration services. Direct assistance. $350 million of that in cash to offset transportation expenses. Hard currency for the cartel bribes and prepaid debit for food. Most that will be given to Venezuelans venturing into the Darrien Gap. Many never make it to the other side. About $75 million of that will go to DC NGOs to send emails to one another until it’s time to go back to work on a Dem campaign, move to a think tank or work in Biden’s second term. An unknown amount of that will pay overhead so other funds can be diverted to Democratic campaign funds.

We are paying for all of this to happen. Turning off that spigot, especially to the cartels, who see at least $2.5 billion a year, perhaps more, just smuggling children that we pay to house at up to $1000 a day once they arrive. That doesn’t count the guns and drugs and fake prescription medications. If you took an antibiotic in the last three years and you don’t believe it helped you, chances are good it was smuggled up by a cartel mule paying $6 to $8K to be guided over the border and forced to carry the freight.
I think he had to wait until after the war due to a stint in a forced labor camp for having married a Jewish girl….. potato potato. Well that and the fact that his family got split up and his wife was sent to Dachau.

In other news Biden signs EO tightening border policy because a House Republican majority refused to act.

People don’t understand the level of political corruption in the immigration industry. It’s not your border that’s open, it’s your wallet.
the illegal immigration industry is merely the modern slave trade ...

Or because he’s getting hammered in the polls 4 months from the election and finally decided to take action after years of ignoring the problem
he has Allowed the border to be in crisis for the past 3 years, and now he blames Republicans.

I think he had to wait until after the war due to a stint in a forced labor camp for having married a Jewish girl….. potato potato. Well that and the fact that his family got split up and his wife was sent to Dachau.
Hitler maintained several large camps of “exchange prisoners.” Mostly ethnic Germans married to Jews of high social status and net worth or their children. They were basically hostages. He offered to release them with migration visas in exchange for German officer POWs, monetary concessions, loans, industrial partnerships, etc. Roosevelt refused. He didn’t want additional Jews settling in the United States. It’s very possible your friend was one of this class of prisoner, depending upon what camp he was sent to. Most of the people who survived Bergen-Belsen were in this class of prisoner.

Dachau wasn’t a death camp, only about 35,000 people died there, though many were moved to other camps to be murdered. If she was in Dachau she was likely forced into prostitution for the SS guards and high status prisoners.

Horrible.

Last edited:
I can’t decide what I’m more afraid of: who is running this country or who is running around this country.

Or because he’s getting hammered in the polls 4 months from the election and finally decided to take action after years of ignoring the problem
It’s a set up.

The law says all these millions of people must be “detained” prior to their asylum hearing. Something both parties have ignored out of convenience and resource management. The “bi-partisan” bill took that requirement away. That’s why nearly all of the Republicans opposed it.

At least most of them realize that we ought to hold people long enough to figure out whether they masterminded the Benghazi attacks or are Liberian war criminals or Chinese spies, instead of what the bill provided for, which is all of the aforementioned examples traveling on fake documents get to be released into the interior while we figure out over the course of months why they had fake papers and where they are now.

It’s aimed at low information voters who see the executive doing something while the legislature lets problems persist. It’s a set up for him to exert even broader executive action after he wins. Even though he spent the last three years claiming he had no legal authority to do what he ended up doing.

He's just following Trumps lead on the executive actions. If you can't beat em, then join em.
Nope. Most of Trumps EOs overturned previous EOs from both Bush and Obama eras. Telling the government to stop doing something they shouldn’t be doing without Congressional authorization isn’t the same thing.

Even if you subtract the orders Biden signed undoing the Trump era, he has made substantially more EOs than most recent Presidents implementing sweeping policy changes saddling Americans with trillions in debt. Because he knew he couldn’t get his political agenda through Congress. The fundamentally undemocratic posture of this administration is unprecedented. Even the Roosevelt New Deal EOs didn’t go this far. Perhaps because he had both houses of Congress and a war imperative.

Nope. Most of Trumps EOs overturned previous EOs from both Bush and Obama eras. Telling the government to stop doing something they shouldn’t be doing without Congressional authorization isn’t the same thing.

Even if you subtract the orders Biden signed undoing the Trump era, he has made substantially more EOs than most recent Presidents implementing sweeping policy changes saddling Americans with trillions in debt. Because he knew he couldn’t get his political agenda through Congress. The fundamentally undemocratic posture of this administration is unprecedented. Even the Roosevelt New Deal EOs didn’t go this far. Perhaps because he had both houses of Congress and a war imperative.
291 EO Bush 2 Terms
277 EO Obama 2 Terms
220 EO Trump 1 Term
138 EO Biden .84 Term

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT