ADVERTISEMENT

Memphis game thread

3 point game again, those 6 missed free throws looming large. I’m either going to be very happy or very frustrated when this game is over.

Great effort. The missed free throws made a difference.

Well it turns out to be frustration. That was a long tough 3 by Quinerly. I wish we had gone out and pressured him at 10 seconds. Those 6 missed free throws by Haggerty who is normally almost 90% from the line, we’re big.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
During the game a fan in front of me yelled to the ref "you suck". The ref responded, "ya I know, I have heard that before".

TU played a great game, as did Memphis. Both teams deserve a good solid A for their effort and play. The refs on the other hand deserve a good solid D- for their calls.

SOOOOO CLOSE!!!!

No such thing as a moral win in my book, but there was a lot to be proud of tonight. Proud of our fight.
If we can duplicate this for 17 more games this year we might get to the nit with a record of 18 and 12 overall and 9 and 9 in league. I don’t understand why the last 2 coaches we fired after big beatings on Memphis at home but were fired with much better overall records than Konkol

No such thing as a moral win in my book, but there was a lot to be proud of tonight. Proud of our fight.
I've said that many times but for once I think it WAS a moral victory. Young kids stayed right there with the 15th ranked team in the country who had 10X our experience.

Reactions: Weatherdemon
I've said that many times but for once I think it WAS a moral victory. Young kids stayed right there with the 15th ranked team in the country who had 10X our experience.
A loss is a loss unless you can learn something that remains to be seen if we finish in the top 4 of the league or not,

• Haha
Reactions: TU 1978
If we can duplicate this for 17 more games this year we might get to the nit with a record of 18 and 12 overall and 9 and 9 in league. I don’t understand why the last 2 coaches we fired after big beatings on Memphis at home but were fired with much better overall records than Konkol
There is a lot you don't understand. I thought close was only good in horseshoes. We won't be top 4. We won't get into the NIT either. That's fixed.

Great effort. The missed free throws made a difference.
And we had one player who had four turnovers trying to dribble into traffic. Memphis scored 8 easy points off those 4.

There is a lot you don't understand. I thought close was only good in horseshoes. We won't be top 4. We won't get into the NIT either. That's fixed.
I can see us going 11-7 in conference. Why can't we win our remaining home games and steal just 3 on the road?

That'd be a 20-10 regular season. Most TU fans I know would be absolutely ****ing ecstatic if that came to pass.
Granted we wont be in the ncaa but that would be a hell of a springboard going into next season. Maybe I’m reaching, but going through the schedule I don’t know why we couldn’t?

Can we talk about how awful Memphis fans are? Some Memphis fan posted on twitter he was going to beat the ball kid to death because of the Memphis players injury. Already been proved his knee just gave out. Sometimes I hate the world we live in (trust me, i know i can be a dbag)

Can we talk about how awful Memphis fans are? Some Memphis fan posted on twitter he was going to beat the ball kid to death because of the Memphis players injury. Already been proved his knee just gave out. Sometimes I hate the world we live in (trust me, i know i can be a dbag)
Yeah, even Penny told their beat reporter that he didn't slip, the knee just gave out when he went to elevate. It didn't help that the ESPN+ team (Pooh and McKee) said several times it looked like he slipped. And they didn't want to show the replay, and I understand that but you can show the replay on the announcers monitors and let them relay the info. When ESPN finally did show it later it was clear that there wasn't a slip involved...his knee just "exploded"...my guess is the ACL ruptured from the force of the plant and trying to jump and being at a wonky angle as he planted. You see it in football when guys go to make cuts. And I tore an ACL in a similar manner...not getting touched, just trying to jump and defend in a basketball game. And I crumpled a lot like Mills did.

Well it turns out to be frustration. That was a long tough 3 by Quinerly. I wish we had gone out and pressured him at 10 seconds. Those 6 missed free throws by Haggerty who is normally almost 90% from the line, we’re big.
I agree about the free throws, but on the other hand Haggerty did steal the ball from Quinerly with 40 seconds left & get it to Cobe for the layup. He then drew the offensive foul from Quinerly which led to Cobe’s tying 3 pointer. Other than the free throws, Haggerty had an incredible game.

I know everyone is 100% aware of this fact, but I think it should be mentioned. I am sure many of you, including myself, watched virtually every game last season. It was brutal, to say the least, and I think ESPN+ should reimburse us for watching all the losing games we experienced last season. But, I digress. We should be proud of the fact that we hung in there with the #15 team in the nation. Again, there is no such thing as a moral victory in my neck of the woods, but I am very proud of our guys. I have no clue what to expect on Sunday, but if we put together some close to what we did against Memphis, the future looks good.

Reactions: Weatherdemon
I’m hoping for a win tomorrow but playing on the road is difficult, ECU took FAU to the wire last week.

You would think that would be considered a death threat

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT