ADVERTISEMENT

ECU game thread

Terrible first half play except for COBE’s threes and Haggerty’s everything but yet we lead ????

Despite 12 turnovers in the first half we’re still up by 3. Heck of a half by PJ with 12 points, 3 boards and 3 assists with the ECU defense focusing on him early.

Recruiting found good free throw shooters but pitiful handlers and passers. A lot of that should have been taught in high school. Makes us appreciate Pooh Williamson who went through 3 NCAA Tournament games one year without a turnover. (UCLA, OSU , and Arkansas. )

Recruiting found good free throw shooters but pitiful handlers and passers. A lot of that should have been taught in high school.
When Carlous jumped and tried to pass the ball to Cobe in the corner and it was easily caught by an ECU player I had a flashback to the 4th grade game I just finished coaching earlier this afternoon.

It is frustrating at that level, it is comical at the collegiate level.

I am hopeful we are going to get the road win monkey off our back today though!

Reactions: Weatherdemon
PJ was 6 of 7 that first half and the miss was halfway down and popped out. I don’t know if you can call him a great shooter but he’s an elite scorer.

Oddly enough in practice this summer I felt P. j. Might be our best 3 point shooter. I didn’t see all this “and one” game which is the best in the NCAA.

Can you believe TCU didn’t give him hardly any minutes last year.

Reactions: TU 1978
Terrible first half play except for COBE’s threes and Haggerty’s everything but yet we lead ????
We won in most statistical categories. But the 12 turnovers!!!

I have also never seen a team roll 11 shots off the rim from three feet like ECU.

I think a lot of our turnover issues, not all of them of course, are due to the relative youth of our team. If we can hold them together I think those stars will improve next year.

I think a lot of our turnover issues, not all of them of course, are due to the relative youth of our team. If we can hold them together I think those stars will improve next year.
COBE and Carlous are old.

Right now you look at the stat leader in points, rebounds and assists it reads Haggerty, Haggerty, Haggerty.

May have to quit shooting so many threes and take it to the hole.

I don’t understand why Carlous gets the playing time he does.

Slipping away. Haggerty long rest took his edge off. They are killing us inside with no rim protection.

Now we’re the ones missing the bunnies and they’re hitting the tough ones. We’re only shooting 30% this half.

No rhythm offensively all half.

But all we need is a good four minutes.

Weird. We were down 14 to Memphis but it didn’t feel out of hand, we are down 4 here and it feels too steep a hill to climb.

Make that 18 turnovers. It’s tough being behind on the road.

Right now you look at the stat leader in points, rebounds and assists it reads Haggerty, Haggerty, Haggerty.
Chris and I were just texting and he commented that schools were going to throw a lot of money his way after the season ends.

That was 3 seconds the shot clock was 17

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT