ADVERTISEMENT

Memphis Game Thread

Rainey will still be on the team even though his leg has cost us at least 2 wins this year. Just go back to the kappa sig house and drink u useless football player. Goodbye monty. You needed to go fornthe touchdown u moron.

This kind of stuff is beneath everyone on here. These are not professional football players

Awful coach
Awful kicker. The coach put us in position to beat two top 25 teams.

(Not saying Monty should be retained necessarily, just that coaching wasn’t what lost the game. It was recruiting at one position)

I've run out of way to be hurt by this team. They played well and the play calling was better. The O-LIne performed well and Smith played his best game in my opinion. Just another step towards, well, I don't know what... No money for a new coach or assistants he "trusts", not going to drop to a lower division, so we are in a constant state of suck... my own personal hell

Awful kicker. The coach put us in position to beat two top 25 teams.

(Not saying Monty should be retained necessarily, just that coaching wasn’t what lost the game. It was recruiting at one position)
Wrong, the coach played for a field goal. He knew the situation and it had happened before. If you have an awful kicker, why would you put the game in his hands?

We really shouldn't. We chose to kick on this drive instead of use TK Wilkerson to get first downs and go for the TD. We don't have a kicker, we have a fat nerd who can't kick a tin can down an alley and the coach elects to rely on that clown. Coach lost that one again.
I have to agree we should have gone for the td since we have a kicker that would have been very nervous.

The idea that a kicker should be automatic because it's all he does is dumb. We should have one that does better, but ultimately that is on the guy who didn't recruit someone better, not the guy who hates himself right now and is trying his best to make you feel good about watching college kids play football.

You guys are trashing a TU student who isn’t even on a football scholarship. Monty is the one to blame here for putting a kid in a position he’s not equipped to handle.
The a$$ O's, just can't hide their nature in situations like these.

Reactions: TU4ever2
I agree this is montys fault. Thats why ive wanted him gone since before last year...the useless kicker is just a venting point right now. Poor kid shouldnt be on the team, but this is monty were talking about. Wont play tk more, for reasons? Wont recruit a kicker. Wont play to win. Just a stupid man.

The idea that a kicker should be automatic because it's all he does is dumb. We should have one that does better, but ultimately that is on the guy who didn't recruit someone better, not the guy who hates himself right now and is trying his best to make you feel good about watching college kids play football.
He's non-scholarship so he shouldn't be piled on for missing two field goals that could have won the game. He never should have been put in the situation. I feel for him, but 29 yards has to be above 95%.

Reactions: maverickfp
He's non-scholarship so he shouldn't be piled on for missing two field goals that could have won the game. He never should have been put in the situation. I feel for him, but 29 yards has to be above 95%.

Thing is, even if he nails it straight it gets blocked by 3 guys. Everyone got through

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
You guys are trashing a TU student who isn’t even on a football scholarship. Monty is the one to blame here for putting a kid in a position he’s not equipped to handle.
And that comment implies the kicker is terrible by your belittling of him....

Agree. Nobody should HATE anybody over a game, but this guy is not a kicker and Monty is not a coach

Reactions: TulsaAM
Every game is like a slow train wreck. You can see it coming! You know its going to break your heart, but still, you keep hoping against hope, that this one time the science - the actual statistical odds - of what should happen in a normal football game will eventually apply to your team. But no! Some unseen evil force intervenes again. And all hopes are dashed again into a million pieces. It is hard to be TU fan.

Thing is, even if he nails it straight it gets blocked by 3 guys. Everyone got through
If it's blocked, you can't blame him unless he stutter stepped to the ball. This one, well, sometimes you just need to recognize your limitations and bow out...

Kicking has been a downfall in close games that would've been huge for the program. I can remember in '14 against Arkansas, the kicker missed 2 field goals and 2 extra points and we lost by less than a TD. We've missed game winners this year against SMU and today for sure. So it's definitely a position that is worth spending a scholarship on I would think.

Wrong, the coach played for a field goal. He knew the situation and it had happened before. If you have an awful kicker, why would you put the game in his hands?
He should have changed kickers. Still, the in game coaching was traditionally winning coaching. If Bill Bellicheck is coaching he does the same thing in the 4th quarter. Only difference is he would have hired a kicker.

Reactions: TUBixby and TulsaAM
So, im interested...do the everyone gets trophies crowd here want monty to keep him on the team and keep allowing him to fail? Or cut him and find a new kicker? Seems like yall are apathetic and "hes just a kid" so dont hold him accountable for his performance? Joke.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT