ADVERTISEMENT

Infrastructure bill - political credit

watu05

I.T.S. Senior
Mar 19, 2021
It will takes years and years for the infrastructure bill to actually be creating projects. It's a case of US financial civics. First the money will go to departments, then to states, and some to municipalities. All along the way there will be new sets of rules: federal spending, EPA, departmental, state rules, and even municipal rules that have to followed. To even request grants from the new bill there will be new rules required in the bill but not yet written. The projects themselves will take time to bid out and complete.

Most voters won't see changes for years and the credit will go to whoever is in office to cut the ribbons when the projects are finished.

Reactions: TUMe
True, for the general public, but many governors and mayors are delighted relieved to get going on projects delayed for years.

True, for the general public, but many governors and mayors are delighted relieved to get going on projects delayed for years.
Yeah the mayors and governors will be delighted, seeing as how they and their predecessors kicked the can down the road many times. They will be elated that the federal government finally passed a bill to bail them out on a number of projects. Projects that should have been funded at the local and state level a long time ago.

Last edited:
I guess the closer a political office gets to ones pocket book, the more resistance they meet in funding projects through local taxes.

I guess the closer a political office gets to ones pocket book, the more resistance they meet in funding projects through local taxes.
Yep. No politician wants to risk not getting reelected, such that they can fund long term projects that are necessities. Procrastination happens on a regular basis.

Reactions: watu05
and with all the talk from Biden and the dems to "tax the rich", the bill contains a provision which gives back a tax break which favors the rich.

its all smoke and mirrors.

I am all for the bill, except when things get thrown in that are more than a little off topic.

the original 3.5T was called the "Infrastructure Bill". Only about 14% was for real infrastructure, the majority was political pork.

By the time the money gets laundered, very little of it will do more than get more democrats elected..

Wouldn’t be surprised if after the “infrastructure” portion of this bill gets cycled through the state bureaucracies, lobbies, and union demands there is impressively little to show for it

Wouldn’t be surprised if after the “infrastructure” portion of this bill gets cycled through the state bureaucracies, lobbies, and union demands there is impressively little to show for it
Exactly!!! Just like shovel ready.

Can I get a receipt?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT