ADVERTISEMENT

Illinois State

ctt8410

I.T.S. Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2003
The good news is that these guys are somehow an even worse rebounding team than us. They give up tons of 3s, so if we shoot like Boise did (44%), we could win going away. Unfortunately, we've shot more like South Carolina (28%) this year so it's likely another close game. It would be nice to give them payback for the Christmas Day massacre last year, though.

Reactions: Bill Lowery
Redbirds are favored by 1 today. I hope we punch them in their mouth and win by 20. I hate their whiny coach.

Reactions: Gold*
Since the game is the first game of the evening session it will start on time. No guarantee as to the broadcast.

Teams can get an open shot against us pretty much every possession. At some point you gotta do something different

Reactions: el duran
Also a set play when we’re having trouble scoring would be nice

We come out settling for threes and once again not making them. Why aren't we even trying to go inside.

And just maybe Henderson should try shooting his threes inside 25 feet.

Down 19 to Ill St- where's the heart? Zero senior leadership- it started on day one and has not gotten better- I know people have said Joiner is the vocal leader- not a good sign at this point

We have the energy of a turtle at this point. Deja Vu from the holidays last year.

Etou speaks 5 languages. Ruffin has pet snakes. Buzz wore Mike’s shoes. Wojcik fed David Robinson.

They had igbanu, jeffries, and etou in for a minute, christ. Gotta change that, can't leave them in for any period of time. Shuffle, shuffle, shuffle, no momentum possible.

He can't make a shot yet he's getting extended minutes

He’s a good shooter, but he’s not going to shoot a high percentage from 25 feet. And yet those are pretty much the only shots he’s taken this year

Trying my hardest not to melt. This Tulsa team has talent. Where does the buck stop when we're getting the crap kicked out of us like this?

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
How can we be a worse shooting team than last year- it's possible- don't know how, but it's true- every team should zone us

This is just about as bad a half of basketball as you can play

How can we be a worse shooting team than last year- it's possible- don't know how, but it's true- every team should zone us

We’re not. We’re just doing a poor job of getting good looks

I will send the coaches our rating in having the worst 3 point defense in the nation for consecutive years. Nice to lead in something.

Talk about coaches and players who can’t adjust. Unfortunately we are all beating a dead horse.

Another losing season
Haith should get the boot
No coaching no effort no clue how to solve a zone
Passive passing against a press no dribbling
Disgusted
Anticipate a crowd of 100s against central ark
I'm too embarrrased to ask friends to use my extra tickets

Reactions: TULSARISING
We are not good. I’ll give it the next half. If the 2nd half looks like the 1st half I’m taking a week or two break from TU sports. Can’t take getting excited for games to see this sorry excuse of an effort. Not passing inside on a zone (crucial) and taking contested 3s because the ball sticks way too much on offense against the zone.

Only a couple of ISUs threes were unguarded, they are just shooting lights out. On Evans’ last 3 Joiner was right in his grill and it made no difference. I’m hoping they cool off but we have to generate some offense somehow. BTW, you got your Igbanu/Jeffries minutes today and it didn’t seem to help that half.

We are not good. I’ll give it the next half. If the 2nd half looks like the 1st half I’m taking a week or two break from TU sports. Can’t take getting excited for games to see this sorry excuse of an effort. Not passing inside on a zone (crucial) and taking contested 3s because the ball sticks way too much on offense against the zone.

This

ISU is shooting over 60 percent from the field and almost 60 percent from beyond the arc. No one can beat a team shooting that. Evans is having everything going his way. Hopefully the second half is a tale of 2 halves

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT