ADVERTISEMENT

Illinois State

Only a couple of ISUs threes were unguarded, they are just shooting lights out. On Evans’ last 3 Joiner was right in his grill and it made no difference. I’m hoping they cool off but we have to generate some offense somehow. BTW, you got your Igbanu/Jeffries minutes today and it didn’t seem to help that half.
Agree

And people on here wonder why no one comes to the games. Hard to get excited about your basketball team when you've been mediocre for over a decade and lose to SEOKST, Lamar, ORU, Jacksonville, etc.

After seeing this garbage, anyone else convinced that Haith is going to lead us to great things in the near future? I'm not seeing it.

Wash your mouth out with soap

What’s wrong with that? He could coach, just couldn’t recruit or evaluate talent or handle the media. I like our players a lot, but something is very wrong. We aren’t ready to play. We are getting killed on the boards by the one team that may be worse at rebounding than us.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
We are not good. I’ll give it the next half. If the 2nd half looks like the 1st half I’m taking a week or two break from TU sports. Can’t take getting excited for games to see this sorry excuse of an effort. Not passing inside on a zone (crucial) and taking contested 3s because the ball sticks way too much on offense against the zone.

Yup. Plus we’re in year 4 and in those 4 years our zone has never done anything but hurt us. Yet we continue to run it....and the exact same way. Hard to stay emotionally invested watching a talented team be wasted. But I will continue to watch because I hate myself or something probably

Yup. Plus we’re in year 4 and in those 4 years our zone has never done anything but hurt us. Yet we continue to run it....and the exact same way. Hard to stay emotionally invested watching a talented team be wasted. But I will continue to watch because I hate myself or something probably

Hey they're shallow and have one player with 3 and another with 2. We can come back and almost win it in the end. Moral victories!!!

Being unable to make them pay for the press sure reminds me a lot of Woj ball

Since I’m in full melt now, might as well point out how dumb we play. The number of offensive possessions we waste with crap like Henderson just pulled is insane

We have some pretty good players. Pretty athletic with good quickness.

Yet we look tentative and confused over and over.

Hey guess what #3 will shoot the 3....should we guard that...

Think about it, we could easily grab a top tier assistant coach for what we are paying Haith

How is Muller at ILS beating us so badly in recruiting? You can’t say the Valley or Normal , Illinois is superior to Tulsa.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
This is incredibly frustrating to watch... we have talent, but for some reason it isn’t clicking. This is Haiths team now... so at this point it’s on him... idk what needs to happen to get this fixed but we’re gonna really struggle in conference play in January and February... Tulane is looking like they may pass us up this year with the way we’re playing.

Yeah baby, we started comeback with freshman and 4 or 5 min to go. We'll get it down to 2 or 3 and lose by 6 or 7. I knew they could make it respectable and lose.

Haith really needs to reevaluate some things over this week off... I’m not sure I can handle both football and basketball being awful in the same year.

Anyone think we can beat this team at their place?- my guess is a loss by 20 and that's being nice, sorry

We actually got it down to 10 & then got 2 horrible calls in a row. Jackson seemed to be able to bother Evans. He & Joiner do bring energy on defense.

Joiner is gonna be really good. I really like him, he just has to get over some of his freshman mistakes but that’s natural.

6 for 23 on 3pt field goals- can't take that many if we can't make'em- get it inside, period- just a terrible shooting team

Illinois state on fire from 3, our ineptitude from behind the arc, low energy, and poor defense cost us this game when we very well had the talent to win. This shouldn’t be happening at this point... this isn’t a rebuilding year, this isn’t a coach coming in and working with someone else’s players. These are all Franks guys and he needs to be responsible for making this work. TU isn’t paying him nearly $2 million per year to put this type of product on the floor.

Anyone think we can beat this team at their place?- my guess is a loss by 20 and that's being nice, sorry

I have no confidence that we will, but I hope we find a way to kick their ass. Their coach is a tool and Evans needs to be put in his place

Good thing this wasn’t on TV and I didn’t waste my time watching it.

Illinois state on fire from 3, our ineptitude from behind the arc, low energy, and poor defense cost us this game when we very well had the talent to win. This shouldn’t be happening at this point... this isn’t a rebuilding year, this isn’t a coach coming in and working with someone else’s players. These are all Franks guys and he needs to be responsible for making this work. TU isn’t paying him nearly $2 million per year to put this type of product on the floor.
And unlike Monty, this isn't Frank's first go, he's been a HC for a long time. What you see is probably what you get.

Strange thing tho, wasn't his reputation that he could coach but not recruit? He did well with other people's players but couldn't get his own? He hasn't seemed like a particularly good X and Os coach ever but is getting some talent.

And unlike Monty, this isn't Frank's first go, he's been a HC for a long time. What you see is probably what you get.

Strange thing tho, wasn't his reputation that he could coach but not recruit? He did well with other people's players but couldn't get his own? He hasn't seemed like a particularly good X and Os coach ever but is getting some talent.

I don’t know anymore... we should be undefeated right now or at worst, one loss.

Haith refuses to adapt. He's been doing it for 12 or 14 years and says why change. He hired a coach that had the same philosophy.(Henderson) Guard inside and leave em open outside. It's not working this year, it didn't work last year. He's not going to change. That is killing us on defense and apparently always will kill us until we change coaches.

He doesn't know what it means to adapt to your players or adapt to what the other team does. Apparently he doesn't ever even coach what he needed to change, so I guess there was nothing to tell them to change to. His defensive philosophy sucks. When you don't guard them shooting threes at first, sometimes they get in a rhythm, and it doesn't matter if u pressure them later. They keep making it anyway, cuz they're in rhythm.

We aren't a hot 3 pt shooting team, but we were just awful from three today. That won't last. Henderson is on a Birt streak. Which is funny cuz preseason he was shooting like Birt year before the Birt streak. We want Joiner, Taplin, & Scott shooting 3's. Henderson just wasted 4 trips down the floor. If he misses his first three, I don't want to see him taking a 4th 3 ptr. Don't really want to see him shooting 3 or 4 per game if his averages don't pick up. We did that with Birt till season's end.

Reactions: Tulsafanzz
The thing that concerns me more than missing threes is missing layups and point-blank jumpers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT