ADVERTISEMENT

Head Coach Candidates if tu disappointed season this year 2021

I think he is gone there was no press conference last night on YouTube
Let's hope there's something to this. He should've been tossed DURING the game in front of the players and fans. My gut tells me our feckless AD won't make a move until his contract ends.

Justin Fuente VT HEAD Coach Tu Alum
Jeff Lebby Ole Miss Oc
Kendal Briles Arkansas Oc
David Alexander Jenks Assiant Tu Alum
Loren Montgomery Bixby Hc
Todd Monken Uga Oc
Barry Odom Arkansas DC
Marcus Freeman Notre Dame DC
Brennan Marion Pittsburgh WR Coach Tu Alum
Right now I think everything is in a holding pattern until the buy-out checks come from Tx & OU. The remaining 8 Rig12 teams can then split the cash ($10 mil each?) & go looking for a new home. I believe at that point the Rig12 could implode: WV, ISU & KS will join the other P4 while the remaining teams in the Rig12 will try to buy into the PAC12 or BIG10. Under that scenario the AAC may remain intact while the Rig12 evaporates. However, if the Rig12 manages to survive & remain a P5 entity then it will go after Boise & San Diego State & Memphis. TU will have to decide if they want to stay in a weak AAC conference (basically a CUSA lookalike) or try for MWC (TU was mentioned several years ago as a add-on by the MWC). All the FCS & FBS coaches are aware of the uncertainty surrounding us and the AAC and the G5 in general. That is just one more complication to throw into the replacement coach situation. However there might just be an ambitious assistant coach who's willing to take a chance. . . . Sure hope so. But for now it's a hold-your-breath & wait game. :)

Reactions: TUMU
Right now I think everything is in a holding pattern until the buy-out checks come from Tx & OU. The remaining 8 Rig12 teams can then split the cash ($10 mil each?) & go looking for a new home. I believe at that point the Rig12 could implode: WV, ISU & KS will join the other P4 while the remaining teams in the Rig12 will try to buy into the PAC12 or BIG10. Under that scenario the AAC may remain intact while the Rig12 evaporates. However, if the Rig12 manages to survive & remain a P5 entity then it will go after Boise & San Diego State & Memphis. TU will have to decide if they want to stay in a weak AAC conference (basically a CUSA lookalike) or try for MWC (TU was mentioned several years ago as a add-on by the MWC). All the FCS & FBS coaches are aware of the uncertainty surrounding us and the AAC and the G5 in general. That is just one more complication to throw into the replacement coach situation. However there might just be an ambitious assistant coach who's willing to take a chance. . . . Sure hope so. But for now it's a hold-your-breath & wait game. :)
Brennan Marion (the Milkman) has consistently turned losing teams into winners whether as HS head coach, college QB, RB, or receivers coach. His broad range of recruiting contacts, knowledge, experience, and enthusiasm say he is ready for a college HC job and I believe he would be an excellent fit for TU.

Yes or no
Stop making excuses tu athletic department about to lose another season ticket holder if no change at head coach
Yall trying to save money for basketball coach more then football gtfo 😒
Nobody cares about basketball more then football

monophy.gif

Shouldn’t you be reporting for work at the Stigler Family Dollar store instead of posting inane stuff on here?

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
🤦🏼‍♂️
(This was in regard to the “fire Dickson” thread.

Last edited:
If Todd Graham isn't the first name.on the list of interviews..........

He makes like 1m at Hawaii and his buy out is pretty small.

There are others and due diligence should be done, but the man wins every where, loved his time here, has the Texas connections and the right sort of mind set to maximize what is a good amount of player talent here. He knows how to succeed at Tulsa.

Did we shoot ourselves in the foot for not firing Monty 2 years ago? I do not see how he makes it out of this year and we will be looking for a new coach in a conference that is now majorly diminished. It's not the hot spot it was. Coaches wont see the value in being in the conference like they would have 2 years ago. Two years ago it could spring them into the P5. Now it's slightly better than the Sunbelt. On top of that we are showing ourselves to not being able to compete at a higher level. This school is in financial straits, they do not care about our sports, and our prestige as a conference took a HUGE hit. I don't think we can get a coach worth a crap now. We are 2 years too late.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT