ADVERTISEMENT

Head Coach Candidates if tu disappointed season this year 2021

You can be unhappy with it. However, I'm providing factual statements.

That being said, Monty better not survive this season after last night's loss.

He better not survive this week, you're not staying facts you are giving excuses which is how we got here.

Garrett Riley or Gj Kinne and Justin Fuente Offense .....Defense... Matt Entz and Morgan Scalley
Fuente makes a lot of sense being from the Tulsa (Union) area. I think he’s still a good coach even if the VT results haven’t shown it or have tailed off.

My thoughts on Kinne is that it feels like he needs a little more seasoning…a HC stop at Western Kentucky or some place like that or as a play caller for a team like Florida State. It would be a big chance for TU to take and doubtable. That said, I think he could learn to be a HC pretty fast and pull from past experience.

Same thing with Riley. He’s probably not ready to be a HC for a team like TU. But he’s a hot name due to Lincoln so I listed him.

My first calls would be to the agents of Fuente (if fired), Linguist (impressive guy but we have to see Buffalo the whole season), Chadwell (will probably take a bigger job), Norvell, and Leonhard (but Wisconsin wouldn’t want to lose him)

He better not survive this week, you're not staying facts you are giving excuses which is how we got here.

No, I'm stating facts from what I've been told by folks in the athletic department. Are they making excuses? That is people's opinions but what I said is based on facts.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Briles is not a candidate.
Briles will never be a candidate here. Nor will Petrino. Chris Peterson is interesting if he wants to coach again. And why not Dan Hawkins? He's obviously a good coach who got in a little over his head at Colorado

Fuente makes a lot of sense being from the Tulsa (Union) area. I think he’s still a good coach even if the VT results haven’t shown it or have tailed off.

My thoughts on Kinne is that it feels like he needs a little more seasoning…a HC stop at Western Kentucky or some place like that or as a play caller for a team like Florida State. It would be a big chance for TU to take and doubtable. That said, I think he could learn to be a HC pretty fast and pull from past experience.

Same thing with Riley. He’s probably not ready to be a HC for a team like TU. But he’s a hot name due to Lincoln so I listed him.

My first calls would be to the agents of Fuente (if fired), Linguist (impressive guy but we have to see Buffalo the whole season), Chadwell (will probably take a bigger job), Norvell, and Leonhard (but Wisconsin wouldn’t want to lose him)
Who Would Justin HIRE As Oc and DC

I thought everyone here last year had already written in the defensive coordinator as our new coach if Monty leaves since he has made in one of the nation's best.

No, I'm stating facts from what I've been told by folks in the athletic department. Are they making excuses? That is people's opinions but what I said is based on facts.

What part is a fact?

If you really believe this, you don't understand how things work. (1)His hands were tied until a full-time president was hired. If he doesn't make changes after the two seasons, then I will agree with this paragraph.

(2)Monty should not have been here last season, but since he was and then made it to the conference championship, it is a terrible look to fire him. (3)Who the hell could you hire if they see that you fire coaches after making it to a conference championship? Answer: Nobody we would want.

1. Other coaches were removed and they didn't have a brawl.

2. This is nothing but opinion

3. Again opinion and not even a well supported one.

Never mind we have a new president and just lost a game to an FCS team for the first time in 35 years and are staring down the barrel of a zero win season and had an abysmal crowd show up for this game after a "good" Monty season.

I thought everyone here last year had already written in the defensive coordinator as our new coach if Monty leaves since he has made in one of the nation's best.

You already know my opinion on it, the guy is a proven winner with Texas ties who is cheap right now. But we can give the DC a run till we get him.

I do believe that IF they release Montgomery, they will offer the job to Gillespie. That said I’m not putting last nights loss on the HC. The players still have to execute.

Reactions: Lumpuckeroo
His hands were tied until a full-time president was hired. If he doesn't make changes after the two seasons, then I will agree with this paragraph.

(2)Monty should not have been here last season, but since he was and then made it to the conference championship, it is a terrible look to fire him. (3)Who the hell could you hire if they see that you fire coaches after making it to a conference championship? Answer: Nobody we would want.
Point 1 is a fact.

Point 2 and 3 are my opinions based on my friendship with a TU alumni who is also a lead at one of the leading D1 head coaching search firms.

Here some new candidates
1. Art Briles And Gj. Kinne Will The Be Oc
2. Chris Peterson Washington's Former Head Coach
Are you suggesting that Briles bring along his “Rape and Pillage” offense? You can’t be serious.

I’m ok with Kinne on a future football staff along with Marion.

4ever is still nothing but a poseur who shows up just to bitch. He's like the "patriot" on your block who thinks he loves his country more than you.

Lol after some of the stuff you have claimed on this board?

Am I suppose to cheerlead for this trash? Be happy we got in a brawl and lead the nation in penalties every year? 🤨

Lol after some of the stuff you have claimed on this board?

Am I suppose to cheerlead for this trash? Be happy we got in a brawl and lead the nation in penalties every year? 🤨

I've never "claimed" anything on this board unless I'm really drunk, which most people know. And then I'm more than happy to apologize or walk it back.

You just come on here to be a huge and total buttmunch. I've never seen you be positive in any way. The majority of people on here would love to see a new head coach but you don't get that.

You think we all wear the B&G glasses. You always like to remind people of that. You're the only one who cares SOOOOOOOOO much about TU that you don't wear the B&G glasses. Goodie for you!

I've never "claimed" anything on this board unless I'm really drunk, which most people know. And then I'm more than happy to apologize or walk it back.

You just come on here to be a huge and total buttmunch. I've never seen you be positive in any way. The majority of people on here would love to see a new head coach but you don't get that.

You think we all wear the B&G glasses. You always like to remind people of that. You're the only one who cares SOOOOOOOOO much about TU that you don't wear the B&G glasses. Goodie for you!

Here you go:

Or look at any of the women's basketball game threads I posted last year.

Now you can at least render your judgement from on high with actual evidence.

We had people on this board all offseason talking about how this was an AAC contender and top 25 type team. How Monty had it turned around, that was straight blue & gold glasses. Our home crowd was awful which shows how out of touch those blue gold glasses wearers are. The team played a normal Monty game, so we lost to an FCS team. There is nothing positive in a Monty lead program so no you won't hear a positive football take from me as long as he remains head coach.

I hear Buzz Peterson is available, he couldn't do any worse...

The Buzzard would never work...

He would look silly wearing 30 years old used Michael Jordan basketball shoes on the sidelines!

Last edited:
Reactions: TU72N76
My hopes are that when he loses the 1st conference game and we're 0-4, they fire him and hire Gillespie as interim. I'm sure there's someone out there that would take a short notice OC job. See what Gillespie can salvage, and if it's decent, we give him a 2 year deal and see where that goes. One would think the admin would be good with this since he'd be fairly cheap in that situation and has a great defense.

To be clear, I think this admin won't fire him during the season, they'll just let his contract expire. This won't be popular, but if OSU actually struggles this year and fires Gundy... that should be our first call. The guy is as classy as a man with a mullet can be, he's a great HC, and is willing to make adjustments.

To be clear, I think this admin won't fire him during the season, they'll just let his contract expire. This won't be popular, but if OSU actually struggles this year and fires Gundy... that should be our first call. The guy is as classy as a man with a mullet can be, he's a great HC, and is willing to make adjustments.
Gundy would be better than Monty , but he did almost lose to him though

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT