ADVERTISEMENT

Head Coach Candidates if tu disappointed season this year 2021

Monty or Gundy? Monty is up at the end of this season.
We can’t pay 1/3 of gundys Salary are you kidding we can barely pay Monty or haith and in the Olympic sports our head coaches are being hired away as assistants by p5 teams get real

We can’t pay 1/3 of gundys Salary are you kidding we can barely pay Monty or haith and in the Olympic sports our head coaches are being hired away as assistants by p5 teams get real
Monty makes about $2M per year, Gundy is making about $4.2M per year. He gets fired, getting $2M to recover at Tulsa and move seems like a pretty good deal for him.

Reactions: TULSARISING
Monty makes about $2M per year, Gundy is making about $4.2M per year. He gets fired, getting $2M to recover at Tulsa and move seems like a pretty good deal for him.
Would we pay him 3million and would we get his son the freshman qb he might be better than cannon Montgomery? What about the milkman as oc?

To be clear, I think this admin won't fire him during the season, they'll just let his contract expire. This won't be popular, but if OSU actually struggles this year and fires Gundy... that should be our first call. The guy is as classy as a man with a mullet can be, he's a great HC, and is willing to make adjustments.
I dont think we could afford him, but, it would be a call i would make. I would also look to coaches and programs that function and win well at lower level colleges and look at hiring a whole staff. Someone cocky with fresh ideas. (And sells used cars and produces music videos on the side).

I dont think we could afford him, but, it would be a call i would make. I would also look to coaches and programs that function and win well at lower level colleges and look at hiring a whole staff. Someone cocky with fresh ideas. (And sells used cars and produces music videos on the side).
The last used car salesman we hired had us a number 1 offense 3 out of 4 years...

Isn't Chad Morris back in High School coaching? Maybe on OC option?

Is he with Todd at Hawaii
He was for the 2020 season he’s now WR coach at Pitt.

Assuming Monty didn’t burn the bridge with Marion and TU. I agree with everyone else, he’d return in a heartbeat. He loved TU. I had multiple classes with him when he played here and he was always talking about how great Tulsa was for him.

Reactions: TU 1978
Pretty sure he'd take it in a heartbeat. I believe he applied at one point.
He is very happy 😄 where he is, and is a star 🌟 on the staff who is moving up in the world 🌎 in his present position. He is already a star in less than 8 mos., on Narduzzi's staff. Don't think he would leave there for a coordinators position on our staff.

He is very happy 😄 where he is, and is a star 🌟 on the staff who is moving up in the world 🌎 on his present 🎁 staff. And he is already a star in less than 8 mos., on Narduzzi staff. Don't think he would leave there for a coordinators position on our staff.
Money talks and if we had a new coach named Todd Graham I’d bet Brennan would get the call.

Have you seen enough yet ? You could have made up the money on a buyout by having more fans to the games due to us being a good team coached by an actual coach .

Last edited:
Reactions: TulsaFanFromStigler
?

Any rumblings? Surely there are rumblings and demands from powerful trustees and donors calling for this head. Right?!?

Justin Fuente VT HEAD Coach Tu Alum
Jeff Lebby Ole Miss Oc
Kendal Briles Arkansas Oc
David Alexander Jenks Assiant Tu Alum
Loren Montgomery Bixby Hc
Todd Monken Uga Oc
Barry Odom Arkansas DC
Marcus Freeman Notre Dame DC
Brennan Marion Pittsburgh WR Coach Tu Alum

Last edited:
Back on the Burns era I knew a few of the players which is when I knew he lost the team Does anyone have any inside info on Mony losing the team ?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT