ADVERTISEMENT

Head Coach Candidates if tu disappointed season this year 2021

I believe Dickson renegociated the contracts of both Monty and Haith, I think salaries were reduced and the payout was really cut.

Reactions: Bill Lowery
What about the OC at Baylor? I know…we have tried that. But this cat actually calls plays and has some seasoning to him.

I'd like the Grimes hire especially if we could keep Gillespie as DC. If the offense was more effective I think the defense would be good.

Reactions: TU Man and TUGrad06
New retread list. This isn’t a bad list. Uncertain what energy any would bring.

odom
Graham
Fuente if fired
Fedora
Wells
Helton (no?)
Morris
Hermann

Reactions: Tulsafanzz
I don’t think there is anyone we have named anywhere on this thread outside of the high school coaches that could do any worse.

Reactions: chito_and_leon
I don’t think there is anyone we have named anywhere on this thread outside of the high school coaches that could do any worse.
Monty's old mentor... He'd be the only thing worse for the program's reputation.

Given what we've seen in football and basketball the last 10 years or so, we need a coach who's kids are toddlers so we don't have to worry about nepotism any time soon. Better yet, a coach without kids. Better yet still, a coach with no living kin.

:rofl::rofl:Given what we've seen in football and basketball the last 10 years or so, we need a coach who's kids are toddlers so we don't have to worry about nepotism any time soon. Better yet, a coach without kids. Better yet still, a coach with no living kin.

Monty's old mentor... He'd be the only thing worse for the program's reputation.
Not saying we should even touch the guy with a 10 foot stick but, one could say Baylor's football program is still better off right now than before Briles came along. Even after the horrible things that took place. That team is good.

Gary Patterson is now available…just sayin
He did great things for TCU's program. I don't know that Tulsa could afford him, or that he'd take a 50% pay cut while our administration makes a 200% pay raise to the head coach position.

Give Milkman $1 mil guaranteed. with $250k bonuses for reaching 5, 7, and 10 wins each with a 250k further bonus for a conference championship for a possible payout of $2 mil. Then give him $200k raise per year for each year he's over .500.

I would be delighted with 4 even or winning seasons out of ever 5 and an occasional conference championship, let's say 1 or 2 every decade. That does not seem like too much to ask for.
Who want as milkman offensive coordinator and defensive coordinator if hired by tulsa

I just hope we have our ducks in a row if by some miracle they let Monty go. An announcement of an IPF, adequate salary for the new HC, and a sizable salary pool for assistants. You know we wouldn't want to be in a position where we couldn't afford to have an offensive coordinator as part of the staff for the next seven years. And for God's sake, no mirrors anywhere near the presser. Obviously Gragg broke one when we introduced Monty, and it gave us this last seven years of bad luck....

I just hope we have our ducks in a row if by some miracle they let Monty go. An announcement of an IPF, adequate salary for the new HC, and a sizable salary pool for assistants. You know we wouldn't want to be in a position where we couldn't afford to have an offensive coordinator as part of the staff for the next seven years. And for God's sake, no mirrors anywhere near the presser. Obviously Gragg broke one when we introduced Monty, and it gave us this last seven years of bad luck....
I’m thinking that by taking on the role of OC as well as HC, Monty got both paychecks.

Remember how Bill raided some FCS team with a losing record (N. Colorado maybe) for like half his staff? I never know how much of that was those were the guys he really wanted, or they were who he knew because he didn't have a lot of contacts at the college level, or they were the only guys who would take what he could pay.

Coach Peterson is a really nice guy though. Likes good coffee.

He did great things for TCU's program. I don't know that Tulsa could afford him, or that he'd take a 50% pay cut while our administration makes a 200% pay raise to the head coach position.
He obviously has lost his enthusiasm for recruiting. We need an energetic recruiter with charisma for this type of small school in an OSU/OU town.

He obviously has lost his enthusiasm for recruiting. We need an energetic recruiter with charisma for this type of small school in an OSU/OU town.
I'm with you on this one. I don't want him as our coach. We need someone younger, more dynamic and energetic for half the price of Coach Fatterson.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT