ADVERTISEMENT

Games of Interest (3.4.20)

loca2874

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Jan 23, 2008
Stafford, VA
TU BASKETBALL TONITE!!!! Tulsa is in Philly to take on Temple in a must win for Tulsa to keep pace for the regular season conference title. This is so exciting lol. We had a couple of good wins yesterday. Vanderbilt got a huge road victory over Alabama and are getting closer to becoming a Q2 win for us. Arky State also won but didn't move far. Colorado State moved up to 100 to go back into a Q2 Loss for us. All good things.

Conference Tournaments have started so this is something to watch.

Todays Games

AAC Games

Tulsa (82) at Temple (112)
Southern Methodist (88) at Central Florida (131)

Rest of GOI

Houston Baptist (345) at Incarnate Word (344)
Central Arkansas (299) at Southeasten Louisiana (341)
LSU (31) at Arkansas (47)
Kansas State (101) at Oklahoma State (71)

Tournaments of Interest

Wyoming (283) vs Colorado State (100) Mountain West Tourney

NET Rankings Through March 3

Houston (18) Up 1
Wichita St (43) Up 2
Cincinnati (51) Up 2
Memphis (63) Down 1
UConn (64) Down 3
Tulsa (82) No Change
SMU (88) Up 1
Temple (112) No Change
South FL. (128) Down 7
UCF (131) Down 1
Tulane (172) Down 1
ECU (206) Down 1

Quadrant Tracker

Q1

Win

UConn (A) - W (64)
Houston (H) - W (18)

Loss

Arkansas (A) - L (47)
Cincinnati (A) - L (51)
Houston (A) - L (18)

Q2

Win

Memphis (H) - W (63)
Wichita State (H) - W (43)
USF (A) - W (128)

Loss

UT Arlington (A) - L (127)
Kansas State (A) - L (101)
UConn (H) - L (64)
UCF (A) - L (131)
Colorado State (N) - L (100)

Q3

Win

Vanderbilt (A) - W (148)
Boise State (H) - W (95)
Temple (H) - W (112)
ECU (A) - W (206)
Tulane (A) - W (172)
SMU (H) - W (88)
Oral Roberts (H) - W (150)
UCF (H) - W (131)

Loss

Q4

Wins

Houston Baptist (H) - W (345)
Southeastern LA (H) - W (341)
South Carolina State (H) - W (326)
Arkansas Pine Bluff (H) - W (348)
ECU (H) - W (206)
Tulane (H) - W (172)
Austin Peay (H) - W (162)

Loss

Arkansas State (H) - L (205)

Does everyone know how hard it is for me to root for SMU? Damn....I always hope to high heaven that SMU gets thumped by whoever they play. But SMU losing tonight doesn't help use any.

DAMN!!!

Reactions: loca2874
Does everyone know how hard it is for me to root for SMU? Damn....I always hope to high heaven that SMU gets thumped by whoever they play. But SMU losing tonight doesn't help use any.

DAMN!!!
welp. I would not be surprised with a total collapse on the Florida swing by the ponies considering that absolute fail on Sunday. Somehow their D made the Shockers look like 3-point snipers. The Shockers are not. They brick so many shots the Shockers by themselves could build a southern border wall.

welp. I would not be surprised with a total collapse on the Florida swing by the ponies considering that absolute fail on Sunday. Somehow their D made the Shockers look like 3-point snipers. The Shockers are not. They brick so many shots the Shockers by themselves could build a southern border wall.
In SMU's defense, Dennis was hitting shots from EVERYWHERE. Many of them were NBA range, some of the ones in the latter moments of the game were from NBA range with a hand in the face. He was on fire.

At least it’s not just us people get hot against. I hope he used up his ammunition against SMU.

Weatherdemon said:

SMU loses 58-61

Smu goes to 9 and 8 in conference
[/quote]
Did we break SMU like we broke Memphis? Have they won since we played them? Hell, they gave up a 24 pt 2nd half lead the other day. If we didn’t break them, that certainly did. They’re playing out the string and wanting to make a Spring Break trip on time. Does the Green Goblin get canned after the season?

Question for loca so if Houston loses Thursday or Sunday morning we still get a co championship banner and rings even if we lose to shockers Sunday Don’t tell our players until after our game Sunday

Question for loca so if Houston loses Thursday or Sunday morning we still get a co championship banner and rings even if we lose to shockers Sunday Don’t tell our players until after our game Sunday
If Houston loses tomorrow we are guaranteed to have a share of the title if we lose to Wichita State. We will hang the banner.

If Houston loses tomorrow we are guaranteed to have a share of the title if we lose to Wichita State. We will hang the banner.
Would you tell the players if Houston didn’t lose till Sunday am so that the players wouldn’t feel they were already champs

Reactions: loca2874
Regardless of if the players know or not, if Houston loses either tomorrow or before our game Sunday, the players are still playing for the outright title. Theres a big difference between sharing it and having it all to yourself.
For one, it just looks better to say you won the regular season title instead of we are co champions. And 2, we would still be the 2 seed if we share it as Houston will have the better record. We want that 1 seed.
And with all that said, Houston still has to lose, and that's a big if.

The most UCONN thing ever would be to throw the game. They will take pride in losing. The UCONN media/ fanboy industrial complex will throw a parade and give out pizza with clams on it.

UCF over the Smoo
Arkansas beat LSU
SE Louisiana beat Central Arkansas
Houston Baptist over incarnate word

worst result was Colorado state losing to Wyoming in the Mountain West tourney. It will drop them to a Q3 loss for us

The MWC is already having their tourney? WTH? That seems so second tier.

Yeah. They are trying to outdo C-USA. They are having the tournament with multiple courts inside a larger arena where a goat rodeo is taking place at the same time. This was all an attempt to get on tv, but they didn’t realize that this was third tier Animal Channel steaming only and it’s tape delayed because they finally got the TU BYU game on at Hardwood.

Reactions: Henry Kendall
Smu goes to 9 and 8 in conference
Did we break SMU like we broke Memphis? Have they won since we played them? Hell, they gave up a 24 pt 2nd half lead the other day. If we didn’t break them, that certainly did. They’re playing out the string and wanting to make a Spring Break trip on time. Does the Green Goblin get canned after the season?[/QUOTE]
The wheat husks broke SMU. They will lose to USF too. Broken.

Did we break SMU like we broke Memphis? Have they won since we played them? Hell, they gave up a 24 pt 2nd half lead the other day. If we didn’t break them, that certainly did. They’re playing out the string and wanting to make a Spring Break trip on time. Does the Green Goblin get canned after the season?
The wheat husks broke SMU. They will lose to USF too. Broken.[/QUOTE]
I know SMU is broken, but who broke them. Before they lost to us they got raced by Tulane. Then we crushed them. They did come back and beat Memphis at home before the epic collapse to WSU. But if you look at their AAC season, they've been flawed from the start. They're an extremely flawed team in a bunch of different ways and it starts with the Green Goblin.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT