ADVERTISEMENT

Games of Interest (11.16.2017)

ctt8410

I.T.S. Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2003
Temple is the last D1 team to start their season. They get an interesting matchup against a tough ODU team. Not much else outside of the other PR Tipoff games.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bill Lowery
So since Illinois State upset South Carolina, are we now rooting for Boise to make the finals, or do we want to face Illinois State twice again this year? No idea what projects better for us

You could argue either way. Both teams project to finish around 20 wins and between 50-100 in the RPI.

If Illinois State can sneak into the top 75, then we get an extra shot at the new "top 50 win" when we visit their place, but some diversity of schedule would be nice so that nearly 20% of our OOC resume isn't riding on the whims of ISU in the Valley.

With SC out and Iowa St apparently garbage this year, there’s a real possibility our only chances at top 50 wins are in conference

Reactions: ctt8410
With SC out and Iowa St apparently garbage this year, there’s a real possibility our only chances at top 50 wins are in conference
And with UCF looking like they're going to drop some games with their guys injured and SMU looking like they haven't missed much of a step, even that might be a tough accomplishment.

And with UCF looking like they're going to drop some games with their guys injured and SMU looking like they haven't missed much of a step, even that might be a tough accomplishment.
Umm, I'm willing to bet we'd win the same 3 games SMU has won by similar amounts. ULM and Ark-PB will be 275+ RPI games this year. UMBC won't be worth anything as we will all soon find out.

And yes, we still should have played better against Lamar.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Umm, I'm willing to bet we'd win the same 3 games SMU has won by similar amounts. ULM and Ark-PB will be 275+ RPI games this year. UMBC won't be worth anything as we will all soon find out.

And yes, we still should have played better against Lamar.
SMU is still missing that guy that transferred from USF midseason and was averaging 20 a game. Albeit on a very bad team. Also, the grad transfer center they got is out with an infection. They'll be really tough in our conference matchup.

Back and forth game. Boise fell in love with the three in the second half and lost their big lead but won on a buzzer beater. Very fun game.

Go buy a white hat and a minor coke habit,fan boy!!!1

We have to pass a really extensive background check, an ethics test, and not get in trouble while in school (or really ever again) so we can represent SMU Grads with parents who can pay a retainer.

That could also be a signature for me . . .

No, I just think some people here are overconfident about that SMU game.
Not over confident, just not afraid of the match up and figuring out how we stop player A or B or C. They don't have any match up nightmares like they've had the past couple of years on us...and we still managed a win against them with those match up issues. No Ojeleye this year. Chargois is gonna get eaten alive by Etou and/or Igbanu. We match up much better against them this year than we have in the last 3-4 years.

Not over confident, just not afraid of the match up and figuring out how we stop player A or B or C. They don't have any match up nightmares like they've had the past couple of years on us...and we still managed a win against them with those match up issues. No Ojeleye this year. Chargois is gonna get eaten alive by Etou and/or Igbanu. We match up much better against them this year than we have in the last 3-4 years.
Defending Shake + Whitt + McMurray + Foster will be tough. Those guys all shoot pretty reliably and some are extraordinary at times. I just don't think they've dropped off much despite losing Ojeleye.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT