ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread

Once again, I can excuse a lot of things, but quitting with 10 min left will make me quit buying tickets. This is not the first time this has happened and it’s inexcusable

I’m not watching, but have the players quit on the coaches? Arkansas is the worst team we’ve played this season, since UCA, and are down 20-0?! BARFFFFFFFFFF

I don’t think we’ve quit. We are very very poorly coached. We don’t have a QB. Our receivers are below average...maybe well below but it’s hard to accurate gauge them due to the horrible QB play. Our D plays hard but gets zero support. We have the worst offense in D1 football. Really happy this game is stuck in the SEC network.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
Monty did not go for it on 4th and 10 down 20 on the road and in Arkansas territory

Yep... the man has quit and should do what's right and resign gracefully at year end

Reactions: TU4ever2
P.P.P.S. Gawd I hate this but.... @astonmartin708 you were right, Skipper is our best QB. Unfortunately saying he’s the best isn’t much because I’m almost certain we have the worst 3-deep in D1.

None of them are our best QB. Might as well try Brin. We’ve tried 3 QBs that can’t get the job done already. Good we have 5 or 6 on the roster, I guess.

I remember a lot of run it up the middle for no reason. He had creative moments but so has Monty. Rader never had two years of quarterbacks like this.

Rader had a lot of run it up the middle because he always had big running backs and huge o linemen.

Raders issues were that he had more walking wounded than he had starters...

Complete regression every where but the defense. We're back to Pop Warner football/Indian Nations league

After 56 years of watching and supporting TU football, I can’t take much more of this odious crap! The $$$$ doner pool has been shrinking for several years now. This season is not going to help!

Last edited:
I emailed Dr Gragg after last weeks blown game. All I got was crickets

None of them are our best QB. Might as well try Brin. We’ve tried 3 QBs that can’t get the job done already. Good we have 5 or 6 on the roster, I guess.

Boomer shows promise and I don't think Monty has broke him yet. Skipper may be to far gone

It doesn't look like he's even trying to keep his paycheck. He looks like he's trying to get fired.

From prediction thread:
If Tulsa completes 15 or more passes for at least 150 yards and wins/even in the turnover battle: TU 31 Pigs 28
If Tulsa can’t throw it successfully: TU 14 Pigs 28
If Tulsa loses turnover battle by 2 or more and can’t throw it successfully: TU 10 Pigs 35 — Winner Winner Chickem Dinner 23 instead of 25

Rader had a lot of run it up the middle because he always had big running backs and huge o linemen.

Raders issues were that he had more walking wounded than he had starters...
Lots of runs for nothing.

Wth? Now we can hit a long ball?

Kick it. Take the points while we can!

Holy :crap: we just threw the ball in front of a receiver for the first time all year!!!!!!!!

Complete pass.

:puke::puke::puke::puke: I’m heading for the liquor store. Need something stronger to settle my stomach and to stop me thinking about this mess!

Oh. I don’t know... multiple wins against OSU, win against OU, win against AnM, win against Iowa, Win over Missouri...

All that while playing as an independent, in a :crap: stadium, with a ticket seller for an AD...

OSU was really bad then and that OU win was against maybe their worst team ever. He had his moments and I liked that era, too. But let’s not forget all the facts, which included lots of runs for nothin.

Don't you take the points there? Just to avoid the shutout? I mean, wha ... Just, I mean, something. Blanked?

We need an offesnive coordinator.

Don't you take the points there? Just to avoid the shutout? I mean, wha ... Just, I mean, something. Blanked?

The offensive coordinator has to go.

I hear the head coach is enamored with the OC.

OSU was really bad then and that OU win was against maybe their worst team ever. He had his moments and I liked that era, too. But let’s not forget all the facts, which included lots of runs for nothin.

Dave got the wins.. Montgomery hasn’t.
this was the worst Arkansas team I have ever seen... and we couldn’t get it done.

Reactions: TU 1978 and Tulsa76
Dave got the wins.. Montgomery hasn’t.
this was the worst Arkansas team I have ever seen... and we couldn’t get it done.

You want Rader back? Again, not defending Monty and I’m pissed we don’t have the talent, especially at receiver, to compete. But the Rader years were like an extended version of the last couple. We had an NFL quarterback and receiver and we lost idiotic games.

Reactions: chito_and_leon
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT