ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread

Glad I’m at Oktoberfest instead of watching. Based on the box score and this thread looks like another screw job on top of our inept offense.

Reactions: HuffyCane
Skipper is a significantly better QB...this is why he was (will be) the starter. Obviously, he needs to clean up the horrendous turnovers.

He’s been banged up pretty bad since the Temple game. When healthy, he’ll start. There isn’t a physical portion of the game where Boomer is better.

In 2019, neither will start.

I struggled to write out mid game thoughts, I kept deleting it and rewriting. All the problems and who/what to blame. But I realized I can reduce the entirety to one word:

Pathetic.

Reactions: Tulsa76
A player picked up the flag & threw it out of bounds, that what got us the unsportsman like.

Thanks for the TD, Jaxon Player. He should be sent to the locker room for the rest of the day. He was obviously running his mouth on the sideline. Idiot.

It was actually a WR, Santana. I would normally agree it is Santana’s fault, but I have to wonder if it gets called outside of pigland. That first down mark early in the game, followed by the bogus targeting call were 2 of the worst ref calls I’ve seen this year. Thankfully we have replay today for the absurd targeting call, but “judgment calls” by piggie refs are not reviewable.

You freaking learn it in high school.

I learned it and the I formation in middle school ball. Guarantee if they don’t know the wishbone, they can run the I. It’s the same plays we already run but we put our long haired TE in front of the RB.

Reactions: noble cane
It was actually a WR, Santana. I would normally agree it is Santana’s fault, but I have to wonder if it gets called outside of pigland. That first down mark early in the game, followed by the bogus targeting call were 2 of the worst ref calls I’ve seen this year. Thankfully we have replay today for the absurd targeting call, but “judgment calls” by piggie refs are not reviewable.

I don't disagree, but if we control the controllables we go into half- time down 6. We fans can whine about it, but the players and coaches have to overcome all adversity - not create more of it.

You wonder if Boomer has injured ribs or shoulder based on the lack of zip and accuracy compared to previous performance. He’s still two years away from being a D1 QB prospect though.

If the ref doesn’t throw a ridiculous flag in the 1st place, the 2nd never happens. The head ref even tried to talk him out of it because he know Gipson was going for the loose football and actually led with his arms.

Outside of that...we’re running the football pretty well. We have some open WRs on the quick routes but the ball is late or slightly off target. And the refs have missed at least one PI call where the guy came through Stokes to bat the ball away. Then again I think Whitfield has gotten the benefit at least on one and maybe 2 calls while in coverage. Zaven Collins came to play.

You wonder if Boomer has injured ribs or shoulder based on the lack of zip and accuracy compared to previous performance. He’s still two years away from being a D1 QB prospect though.
I don’t think so. I think that is him. He doesn’t have a big arm.

His last pass was all arm. He didn’t step into it.

In the name of Glenn Dobbs please complete 10 passes in the second half and we will have a chance!!!

Right out of the half refs making up more crap. That “hold” was 30 yards from where the play was

What the refs didn’t say that was actually an Arkansas player in a Tulsa uniform?? We actually got the fumble!! Wowowowowowow

If this series doesn’t result in a score put in President

I don’t know whether to be pissed or encouraged. Our defense is really freaking good (except 1 player) and they are flat out playing great today. They have every reason to give up the way the offense puts them in bad field position and they just bow up and play hard football.

McKinley Whitfield May be the best coverage safety I’ve seen play at TU. Every week he’s asked to cover some ridiculous slot WR and he does a great job. Collins is everywhere. Our DL is standing up to the big SEC OL.

Offense- please do something.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT