ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread

Hate. HATE the President call. You put the obvious running qb in from 10 yards out and have him run it?

Obvious result was obvious.

Now that 3rd and 1 we had...sure, qb sneak with the bigger qb. But...sheesh!

Reactions: TUGrad06
As much as I was whining about the passing game all night it has been very good since my whining.

In fact I don’t know that there’s been an incompletion this half.

Reactions: astonmartin708
You guys need to calm down on Skipper (and Monty). He's played a good game. Our line just isn't great this year and it's hurt us. Bloesch has some serious triage to do.

Tulsa football is Burns' Era bad.
Very little talent on both sides. And the coaching staff is clueless. They look confused, scared and sorta deflated. They know...

In case they didn't mention it on the radio: AWESOME block by Brooks on the read play allowed Skipper to get to the 2.

Huge bright spot for the team.

Now that we are ahead and I’m not melting quite so hard (though I think we will struggle to make it to .500), our offense has some better pieces. I’m very concerned about the OL and play calling.

Reactions: TUGrad06
I friggin love the 3-3-5. I'm not sure how it will function against a team like Tulane, but it seems like it could be the best modern defense to go against an offense like Houston or Memphis. As long as our DB and LB health holds up we should have a very interesting year. This is the stuff that used to drive Monty and Baylor nutz when they played TCU. Makes it really easy for a QB to make a mistake on a presnap read or a throw.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
Did anybody notice if Player was back on the field on defense?

UCA is overloading the the right side with Ivy and Bucktrot/his replacement. Except we keep trying to run that side. It’s only worked when Brooks and Taylor have bounced the ball outside.

We just ran a straight dive behind Bowling and Miller and it went for 7. Wonder which way we need to keep running?

Reactions: ShaneB72
Good closing it out guys. The refs screwed us but also gave us the turnover on their near TD. Defense is pretty good at stuffing the run, better than we had last year, but not sure they're good enough to keep us in games against good teams.

Offense still is super frustrating. Very unimaginative play calling. Below average Oline, Skipper makes a few plays but doesn't make enough. WRs are below average to decent. Neph has nice hands. Taylor and Shamari are very good. Hopefully 6 wins.

Hard to say what it means for the rest of the season but our defense held them to 247 yards.

The fewest we allowed last season was to Houston and it was 404 yards. I’ll have to look but that may have been the fewest allowed under Monty.

I thought the D looked much better but the offense is going to be a problem. I was surprised that the O-line was so weak. All the media was saying that the O-line was supposed to be a highlight for this team. Skipper was the same QB as last year. I was hoping he would be better. That could have something to do with the O-line or the receivers but either way there is a passing game problem. The play calling was poor but I think coach knows that the passing game is not there. 4 wins is my prediction going forward.

Skipper played a very nice game. I'll take 15/24 for 2 nice TD's through the air and one on the ground when our ground game is rolling. He really should have been 17 of 22 or 23 as well a couple of those plays were other guys (the line or the receivers) letting him down . The big thing for Skipper needs to be knowing when and how to go down. He takes these really aggressive hits and it led to a fumble today, sometime it's going to lead to another concussion or an injury. He had a pretty bad one where a guy got him directly on the helmet today on the end of one of his runs. A couple more where he got blasted out of bounds. Kid's a-buck-eighty-five or so and he think's he's Ben Rothlisberger.

Line play HAS to improve as does our offensive special teams. Defense was great. Hope player just had a cramp, and whatever corner went down is OK. Those are absolutely guys we need to keep playing the defensive system we've installed.

Sideline reporter on TU radio broadcast said Player had an ankle injury not a knee. Hill had cramps in both legs.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Bruce said Player was an ankle injury not a knee. Hill had cramps in both legs.
Hmmm... I don't remember seeing our trainers even touch his ankle when they showed it on TV (I could be wrong though). It looked like they were massaging his lower calf. Hopefully, if it is an ankle, it's something he can come back from.

Bruce said Player was an ankle injury not a knee. Hill had cramps in both legs.
Hmmm... I don't remember seeing our trainers even touch his ankle when they showed it on TV (I could be wrong though). It looked like they were massaging his lower calf. Hopefully, if it is an ankle, it's something he can come back from.
The way he hobbled off you could tell it was ankle.

Hill went down right in front of me. His left calf looked like someone shoved a softball in there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT