ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread

JesseTU

I.T.S. Head Coach
Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
The two poorest penalties I've seen all day are our unsportsmanlike for interacting with the crowd (again) and tackling the punt returner 2 seconds before the ball. Add a couple delay of games for fun. Argh.

Defense out of position and poor tackling.

Offense the same as last year.

As predicted, rough start and I am angry. Get it together guys!

Reactions: HuffyCane
Brooks underutilized til this current drive. Moving the ball pretty good the last few plays. Still too many 3rd downs. Now lets punch this in for 6

I'm in 117 and the only people I can see clapping and standing after the TD is me and the wife... Pretty sad

162 yards of offense. 65 yards of penalties.

I need some good ole fashioned kick-ass football to shift my attitude. Or beer. Both?

Defense is playing rather well. Showing a ton of 3-3-5 with Player in the NT position.

I'm in 117 and the only people I can see clapping and standing after the TD is me and the wife... Pretty sad
I just made my 9 month old cry right after we scored. Apparently he needs to come to your section
left my my kid with the folks... I think I made some adults cry with my language since we're struggling against freaking CENTRAL ARKANSAS

Grant Sawyer is going to be a stud, he is running very well and reading the offense very well as a true freshman.

Impressed with Skipper keeping the play alive and finding Neph for a first down. I don't think we were able to do that, when a play breaks down, a single time last season.

Grant Sawyer is going to be a stud, he is running very well and reading the offense very well as a true freshman.
Love having this 4 game rule you really get to see how the freshman are adapting to the game. I thought the same thing about Sawyer. Also love what I'm seeing from Player.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
I can already tell that I was wrong about Player getting the start as a true freshman, he is playing like a man.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Boomer for a series. Skipper needs to throw the ball 5 yards further every deep ball.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Boomer for a series. Skipper needs to throw the ball 5 yards further every deep ball.
We need to run some things that let him get it out of his hands earlier. Our O-Line isn't helping much though. Willie has gotten blown by a couple times as has our new LT.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
It just doesn't seem like our receivers can create any space.

UCA is giving TU one-on-one opportunities all day...and we can't take advantage.

Missing the playmakers from the past...

Defense looks pretty good, though...

Last edited:
Skipper is 8/17, but keep in mind that's with 2 drops and a couple of throw aways to save field position. Not too bad yet. There's a couple I bet he'd like to have back.

I’m disappointed overall. This has been unimpressive... especially the offense. At this point, im afraid it’s gonna be a repeat of last year.

There seems to be no timing in the passing game. Skipper waits until the guy is done running the route, rather than throwing with timing before the break. He has guys open, he doesn't have the vision/timing.

TU fans know an above-average to elite playmaker...we've had them before.

The only one I see on offense is Brooks. Hobbs can be...in spurts...if he can get space.

Let's wait to pass any judgements till after the game at least. Hoping skipper was having 1st half jitters. Some of those balls weren't even close, and could have a couple ints. But I'm hopeful for a more productive 2nd half

Reactions: astonmartin708
If we play like we did in the first half, we are in for a long season. Offensive as about the same as last year, that's not a compliment. Dumb penalties are offsetting our defensive improvement.

And this shouldn't be indicative of our level of opponents.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT