ADVERTISEMENT

Football Players Entering Portal

Agree. It is proven that schools with highly rated recruiting classes historically perform better than schools with poorly ranked classes. There are exceptions of course but it has been a pretty good indicator. All that may now change with the portal.
The portal will have something to do with it but it’s more about the NIL. Listening to Wilson speak and the Sanders from Colorado last night. I had flashbacks of the movie Blue Chips where they got that man a tractor. These guys are no longer amateurs they are professionals getting gifts. Apparently some before they arrive on campus. I have been against NIL from the start. I am not against a player selling his stuff or running his own business but pay to play is wrong as far as I am concerned.

Its top 10 best places in America to see a game in October.
I was being serious, it’s a great place to see a game. But now that you laughed, yeah, he likely will be watching games from the bench as well.

Know a little bit about Marshall because one of my best friends grandson’s played their for two years before transferring to Memphis last summer. Chad Pennington’s son will start next year and many think that is the reason Francher (last three year starter) entered portal; too much pressure on Staff not to play the legacy. Good luck to Braxton but it may not help him to get on the field.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
I was being serious, it’s a great place to see a game. But now that you laughed, yeah, he likely will be watching games from the bench as well.
I have been to Huntington one time and that was to watch TU play Marshall in Basketball before we left for the AAC. I haven’t seen a football game there but that place leaves A LOT too be desired lol.

I have been to Huntington one time and that was to watch TU play Marshall in Basketball before we left for the AAC. I haven’t seen a football game there but that place leaves A LOT too be desired lol.
Been to that city once and not impressed.

It’s football town. It fills up on gameday. Between that, the fall colors in the mountains and the moonshine, you’d probably change your mind on your next visit. If they had a decent airport they would be in the AAC and I’d be Ok with it.

I visited a call center to observe work as part of a job analysis project. Long long time ago.

Reactions: HuffyCane
We sure need some linebackers we only have one freshman coming in that is listed as a linebacker

Last edited:
As noted in his recent presser, KDub & staff will concentrate on adding LB's with the 10-12 scholarships available by early Feb.

Reactions: TU1NNJ
Should have stayed another year to increase his resume . It's always good
to believe in yourself . I appreciated hearing about the K-State senior offensive
guard who is a lock to play in the NFL , but played last night for his school and
coach and didn't ditch the bowl game for fear of injury . There is way too few
of those character guys left in today's landscape.

to believe in yourself . I appreciated hearing about the K-State senior offensive
guard who is a lock to play in the NFL , but played last night for his school and
Wasn’t he out of eligibility? He came to Tulsa as a grad student from D2 SW Baptist. I believe that is correct. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

Wasn’t he out of eligibility? He came to Tulsa as a grad student from D2 SW Baptist. I believe that is correct. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.
I think you're correct. He came in as a grad transfer and leading the world in tackles last year.

Just to reiterate what they said, grad student w/ no eligibility left. Was just thanking everybody as he left to go tryout for the NFL. Couldn't have played for us next year even if he wanted to.

Reactions: TulsaAM and TU_BLA
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT