ADVERTISEMENT

Football Players Entering Portal

BTW, there are 13 players from Vandy who are in the portal and there are quite a few from TX who look like they might fit what Wilson wants to do. Unfortunately, one of the players is not Demarion Thomas from Union.

Interestingly enough, a few of the players entered the portal and committed elsewhere like the next day (to other SEC opponents). Tell me they weren't contacted by an agent of those schools with a wad of $$$ in hand...

Some of the guys in the portal like the QB have attached NIL values exceeding $150k

So these second portal transfer folks like Meyer and Gabriel are willing to sit out a year?
Who are you referring to when you say Gabriel?
Gabriel is a grad transfer so he won't have to sit. Not sure about Meyer.
Meyer played his freshman year at Penn & sophomore year here. He is definitely not a grad student.

A stitch in time saves nine.
A penny saved is a penny earned.

Oh wait....I thought we were just listing stuff our grandparents said. :p

Just messin with you, c_and_l.....
I recently learned one from my high school son of all people - a falling knife has no handle. I love that one.

BTW, there are 13 players from Vandy who are in the portal and there are quite a few from TX who look like they might fit what Wilson wants to do. Unfortunately, one of the players is not Demarion Thomas from Union.

Interestingly enough, a few of the players entered the portal and committed elsewhere like the next day (to other SEC opponents). Tell me they weren't contacted by an agent of those schools with a wad of $$$ in hand...

Some of the guys in the portal like the QB have attached NIL values exceeding $150k
I saw 20 guys from Ohio St. also entered the portal. We lose guys but there are a lot of chances to pick guys up, too. And if they have restrictions on transferring a second time, we might keep them better.

Reactions: TU_BLA
I saw 20 guys from Ohio St. also entered the portal. We lose guys but there are a lot of chances to pick guys up, too. And if they have restrictions on transferring a second time, we might keep them better.
And Wilson might have an in with some of the Ohio State guys

I hate to lose chaise Oliver he had 4 interceptions this year but he did get beat some

Reactions: drboobay
I think we are gonna see a big talent upgrade this offseason. I expect a significant improvement right off the bat.

typically a good sign when a kid A) visits B) immediately wants an edit

Did anybody see who he was referring to before whatever link was posted changed to not found? One of our visitors committed but quickly took it down?
If it did happen...

Seeing how the interest, offer, and visit of one of the two new uncommitted visitors was not posted on this board, or posted by JSooner, I can guess by process of elimination. Still curious though.

Great, we recruited WR because we knew decommits might be on the way? Now another skill position on offense?

My little birdie says it is Jackson Ford a big TE who had been committed to Oregon. Will see if I am right. Played defensive end also. A 3star player

Last edited:
Reactions: TU_BLA
My little birdie says it is Jackson Ford a big TE who had been committed to Oregon. Will see if I am right. Played defensive end also. A 3star player
Does not seem historic. No more than Charles Clay flipping was historic.

Still would be fantastic.

Reactions: OKTornadoes
If true, that’s definitely encouraging. And it’s the type of signing that can break a log jam of players reluctant to commit to a chronically under performing G5 program without large cash offers.

But historic? Not sure about that. Terrell Nemons telling OU and Texas no thanks and playing four years at all conference level on the defensive line was historic. That signing opened a lot of doors during the Graham era. I don’t see a 3 star TE doing that.

But totally get why they are trying to get people as excited as possible about signing day.

Hopefully it’s a two dozen sausage rolls morning with dudes we haven’t heard about yet.

If true, that’s definitely encouraging. And it’s the type of signing that can break a log jam of players reluctant to commit to a chronically under performing G5 program without large cash offers.

But historic? Not sure about that. Terrell Nemons telling OU and Texas no thanks and playing four years at all conference level on the defensive line was historic. That signing opened a lot of doors during the Graham era. I don’t see a 3 star TE doing that.

But totally get why they are trying to get people as excited as possible about signing day.

Hopefully it’s a two dozen sausage rolls morning with dudes we haven’t heard about yet.
Well, as mentioned in another thread, a 3* DE flipped from Nebraska to TU last evening.

Reactions: TU1NNJ and drboobay
WR & QB coach making the game changing comment about a DE, hmm.
Yeah, that doesn't make sense that the DE flip would be the one. So, when do we hear who it was? Since it's someone who hasn't signed an LOI yet because they can't mention his name within the rules, and transfers typically let it be known where they're going, maybe it's the TE flip from Oregon.

Or maybe Wilson and Co. nabbed a big time QB transfer from maybe Miss St? Or the starter from Ohio St.? If it's the starter from Ohio St. I'll learn how to do a backflip and have it videotaped

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT