ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN Classic (TU NIT games)

texcane1982

I.T.S. Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Nov 12, 2004
Originally posted by Tulsa_:
Is the Preseason NIT still a thing ?
Yes, but no. It's not a classic tournament style. You play a couple pre-arranged games and then they pick 4 teams to play in New York. It might actually be called the NIT Tip-Off Classic now or something like that.

I was bent when they did away with the Great Eight tip off games the year after we make the Elite Eight.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, Texcane. I just watched the '96 UCLA game and my biggest take away was just how good Eric Coley was in his first ever game. His huge steal in overtime which set up the fast break layup was the game changer.

Originally posted by Barlass:

just how good Eric Coley was in his first ever game
party0018.r191677.gif

I wish the current team could have a practice with Coley, Tony Heard and David Shelton and pick up a little bad a$$

Heard's still in town or at least pretty close by. I saw him and his wife, Lila and their kids at the Tulane women's game a couple week's back. Sure he could step out there and show Shaq how to throw some attitude out there.

That 2001 game reminded me what it was like to have outstanding shooters. I believe the guards drained 9 or 10 3's against Miss State.

TX

Geez, you'd think one of the dozen head coaches on our staff would try to bring out some of this attitude in our team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT