ADVERTISEMENT

Escargot Tide

Clemson is Oklahoma with a defense.
Clemson is a very well rounded and complete team. No real breakdowns in any facet. Very disciplined team, play with passion. Dabo has built a program the right way. When are people going to start talking about him in the same way they talk about Saban? And Dabo's got some kids who have NFL futures who decide to come back...that's building a positive culture. You don't really see this with Bama kids or Ohio State kids or OU kids who are high round NFL draft pick prospects.

Clemson is not going away anytime soon. They are loaded on offense with Laurence, Ross, Etienne, Jr ALL come back next year. (Laurence and Ross are back for the next 2 years). They replace all 5 starting OL with 4 SRs and a stud So next year. The D has always been the stronger side of the football with beast DL...most are back. The DBs as a group may be the best group of DBs in the country including Bama's. Most of the group returns (2 SRs maybe a JR or 2 who turn pro). Saw on Twitter last night where OU fans were wondering if they might be able to entice Venables back (LOL). Venables is making HC money as a DC and from all accounts is one of the prized recruiters at Clemson. What does it take to get Venables away from Clemson?

Clemson is a very well rounded and complete team. No real breakdowns in any facet. Very disciplined team, play with passion. Dabo has built a program the right way. When are people going to start talking about him in the same way they talk about Saban? And Dabo's got some kids who have NFL futures who decide to come back...that's building a positive culture. You don't really see this with Bama kids or Ohio State kids or OU kids who are high round NFL draft pick prospects.

Clemson is not going away anytime soon. They are loaded on offense with Laurence, Ross, Etienne, Jr ALL come back next year. (Laurence and Ross are back for the next 2 years). They replace all 5 starting OL with 4 SRs and a stud So next year. The D has always been the stronger side of the football with beast DL...most are back. The DBs as a group may be the best group of DBs in the country including Bama's. Most of the group returns (2 SRs maybe a JR or 2 who turn pro). Saw on Twitter last night where OU fans were wondering if they might be able to entice Venables back (LOL). Venables is making HC money as a DC and from all accounts is one of the prized recruiters at Clemson. What does it take to get Venables away from Clemson?

Venables is quoted as saying he doesn’t want to be a head coach... he said he prefers winning games to the losing that comes from building and running programs.

I saw Daboo yelling at Venables on sideline late in the first Q. I don't read lips but it was pretty obvious he said" just do your (bleep) job". I guess he did alright.

I saw Daboo yelling at Venables on sideline late in the first Q. I don't read lips but it was pretty obvious he said" just do your (bleep) job". I guess he did alright.

LOL, I saw that. Bama was eating them up in the 1st outside of the turnovers. It ended up, Bama ate them up between the 10's then got shut down all game. Beautiful bend but don't break defense.

LOL, I saw that. Bama was eating them up in the 1st outside of the turnovers. It ended up, Bama ate them up between the 10's then got shut down all game. Beautiful bend but don't break defense.
Play calling in the red zone gets a lot harder. It's tougher to use your speed guys and you can bring more QB pressure knowing that you've got DBs who can cover for 1 or 2 seconds and don't need to cover for 4-5 seconds. Patriots have been employing this for years. It's OK to give up yards. How many points are you giving up that is important.

Ooops! Looked like the coach at the time. Glad it wasn't Venables.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT