ADVERTISEMENT

EPL vs. Budesliga & USMNT Implications

Related to USMNT, just watched 1st half of Munich vs. Dortmond & young Pulisic steals the ball just past midfield, dribbles in & scores. Arena has to be drooling to have this kid for upcoming qualifiers & WC. If Pulisic does anything in the 2nd half, will update.

Pulisic is a beast, moves well without the ball, superior technical skills, and reads and anticipates the game flow.

He made a little chip pass over the top of the defender that led Ayedabang in brilliantly. Keeper read the play well and scooped it up.

Unrelated to USMNT, my son did get to do some GK training with Donovan Ricketts at his team's practice last night. My 11 year old didn't really know who he was until after practice when I told him. Really cool guy Ricketts is!
To add to this, Ricketts just became the head coach for my son's team as the current coach is moving away from Tulsa. I think my son sees the opportunity ahead of him to be coached by a world class keeper on an every day basis.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
To add to this, Ricketts just became the head coach for my son's team as the current coach is moving away from Tulsa. I think my son sees the opportunity ahead of him to be coached by a world class keeper on an every day basis.
Does your son play for a school or a little league team?

Does your son play for a school or a little league team?
He plays for TSC U11, so competitive club soccer. Ricketts was named associate director for the ECNL boys group which is the highest level of club soccer in the US. He then took over my son's team as well when the previous coach departed. So far the boys have responded well to him. His training sessions are fast paced and he expects a lot of energy from them.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
He plays for TSC U11, so competitive club soccer. Ricketts was named associate director for the ECNL boys group which is the highest level of club soccer in the US. He then took over my son's team as well when the previous coach departed. So far the boys have responded well to him. His training sessions are fast paced and he expects a lot of energy from them.
SU

The US development academy is the highest level club soccer now. This year many of the big girls' clubs have moved to it from the ECNL to the DA and all the MLS men's youth clubs and best boys teams in big cities are there. This is where the homegrown player contracts are coming from with people like Jordan Morris and Deandre Yedlin from the Sounders and Kelyn Acosta from FC Dallas. FC Dallas probably has the best youth program in the country. I am in Colorado and many of the clubs both boys and girls are carrying ECNL teams too as second tier teams within their club.

SU

The US development academy is the highest level club soccer now. This year many of the big girls' clubs have moved to it from the ECNL to the DA and all the MLS men's youth clubs and best boys teams in big cities are there. This is where the homegrown player contracts are coming from with people like Jordan Morris and Deandre Yedlin from the Sounders and Kelyn Acosta from FC Dallas. FC Dallas probably has the best youth program in the country. I am in Colorado and many of the clubs both boys and girls are carrying ECNL teams too as second tier teams within their club. These games are big deal and are very high on the assignment priority for referees.

SU

The US development academy is the highest level club soccer now. This year many of the big girls' clubs have moved to it from the ECNL to the DA and all the MLS men's youth clubs and best boys teams in big cities are there. This is where the homegrown player contracts are coming from with people like Jordan Morris and Deandre Yedlin from the Sounders and Kelyn Acosta from FC Dallas. FC Dallas probably has the best youth program in the country. I am in Colorado and many of the clubs both boys and girls are carrying ECNL teams too as second tier teams within their club.
Ok. I know a couple of TSC kids just got accepted into the Sporting KC youth academy. Our kids play against a lot of those academy teams at the younger ages through various tournaments and some are part of the NPL platform as well that our kids are playing in too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT