ADVERTISEMENT

ECU game thread

They are letting Francis roll out so he can see his receivers better. Like a real offense for a change.

Reactions: drboobay
Is our same defensive guy too slow to tackle on the outside?

Clearly Francis is the kind of QB this offense needs. A little concerned it took this staff so long to figure that out.

Reactions: chito_and_leon
Suddenly we're getting penalties like a Monty team. On pace for 100 yards of penalties. 2 penalties on the offense on this drive could well set us back enough to deprive us of the chance to get another FG blocked.

Reactions: Henry Kendall
You are wrong. Watkins has at least 1 more year of eligibility for covid. Maybe 2 since he got held out for academic. If he wants to go to grad school and stays he can play next year. He has only played for 3 years. He played one year for Missouri, and two for us. Unless it says Grad, not senior, everyone has more eligibility.

Last edited:
Reactions: TU Pilot
You are wrong. Watkins has at least 1 more year of eligibility for covid. Maybe 2 since he got held out for academic. If he wants to go to grad school and stays he can play next year. He has only played for 3 years. He played one year for Missouri, and two for us.
He had to take a year off for his transfer as I recall so that may play in.

He had to take a year off for his transfer as I recall so that may play in.
No he didn't. He played in 20 for MU, and 21 for us. He stayed out for academics in '22 and played this year for us. Look at his bio on the roster.

Reactions: drboobay
Has any unit ever regressed more over the course of a season than our D? First 1/3 of the season they gave up very few long drives and averaged like 15 points given up per game. Now every other play is 40+ yards and they can give up 15 points in a quarter easily. I've never seen anything like it. It's mind boggling.

Exc OU and UW.

Reactions: Henry Kendall
Has any unit ever regressed more over the course of a season than our D? First 1/3 of the season they gave up very few long drives and averaged like 15 points given up per game. Now every other play is 40+ yards and they can give up 15 points in a quarter easily. I've never seen anything like it. It's mind boggling.

Exc OU and UW.
FCS school and a godawful Temple team.

FCS school and a godawful Temple team.
And NIU and FAU (we lost to FAU but the D played well). They're all crappy teams, sure, but so are Charlotte, UNT and ECU. The D was solid against crappy teams early in the year and now makes crappy teams look like Georgia.

You are wrong. Watkins has at least 1 more year of eligibility for covid. Maybe 2 since he got held out for academic. If he wants to go to grad school and stays he can play next year. He has only played for 3 years. He played one year for Missouri, and two for us. Unless it says Grad, not senior, everyone has more eligibility.
I hope so. He give TU a running game to stay balance.

Reactions: TU Pilot
Imma say that was karma for ECU that were still owed for the championship game... BC that was a pick.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT