ADVERTISEMENT

Defund the police!!

The problem is one that revolves around poverty. We’ve had that discussion about a million times here. Bring people out of poverty and and restrict the access to weapons to the people who are still in poverty and you will reduce violent crime.

Drugs are every bit as important to your reasoning as poverty. I realize they often are intertwined but drug violence is by far the leading factor for the conditions we see in our inner cities.

Reactions: HuffyCane
Drugs are every bit as important to your reasoning as poverty. I realize they often are intertwined but drug violence is by far the leading factor for the conditions we see in our inner cities.
I agree, but as you said, drugs in those communities are typically related to poverty. Also, it’s not just inner cities suffering from drug problems these days. It’s lots of low income communities. Lots of low income white rural communities are suffering from problems with opiates, fentanyl, meth etc...

I agree, but as you said, drugs in those communities are typically related to poverty. Also, it’s not just inner cities suffering from drug problems these days. It’s lots of low income communities. Lots of low income white rural communities are suffering from problems with opiates, fentanyl, meth etc...

True, but the gun violence in those white impoverished communities isn’t near what it is typically in some of our inner cities. Territories and gangs are a big contributor.

I have firearms as well, i actually got a couple little .22’s at Christmas for my wife and I to go target shooting. That being said, I am not above them being more heavily regulated. I would like to keep one for protection while camping / hiking (a man just died near me after being mauled by a grizz this April) but being restricted on how easily I can carry it in public or being restricted in which models I can buy is not something I’m worried about. I think I should have had to pass a psych evaluation to buy one honestly.

At times Wild West was stricter about who could carry arms and where than we are today. We’ve actually regressed past a society that was known for its lawlessness and inherent danger in terms of how we treat weapons despite living in environments that are much safer in terms of threats from natural disasters, roving bands of hostile natives, banditry, and encounters with carnivorous animals.
I agree with your post. However, if you are hiking in grizly country, a .22 might just make the grizzly unhappy with you. A 9mm or .40 cal. minimum. Wyo is beautiful in places, and then there is Rawlins and Thermopolis.

Last edited:
Reactions: HuffyCane
I agree with your post. However, if you are hiking in grizly country, a .22 might just make the grizzly unhappy with you. A 9mm or .40 cal. minimum. Wyo is beautiful in places, and then there is Rawlins and Thermopolis.
I have a .357 Mag for hiking. It’s still a bit undersized for grizzlies, but it was what I could afford at the time. Plus I carry bear spray.

Last edited:
I have firearms as well, i actually got a couple little .22’s at Christmas for my wife and I to go target shooting. That being said, I am not above them being more heavily regulated. I would like to keep one for protection while camping / hiking (a man just died near me after being mauled by a grizz this April) but being restricted on how easily I can carry it in public or being restricted in which models I can buy is not something I’m worried about. I think I should have had to pass a psych evaluation to buy one honestly.

At times Wild West was stricter about who could carry arms and where than we are today. We’ve actually regressed past a society that was known for its lawlessness and inherent danger in terms of how we treat weapons despite living in environments that are much safer in terms of threats from natural disasters, roving bands of hostile natives, banditry, and encounters with carnivorous animals.
I'd like to see you go against a bear with a .22.

"At times Wild West was stricter about who could carry arms and where than we are today."

I do marvel at how much progress we've made on civil liberties since those days. Still work to be done though

CCC66509-B700-4-C42-87-FD-DFF32-D2-C5868.jpg

Reactions: shon46 and TUGrad06
It's harder to find a small rural town in oklahoma, that doesn't have a significant problem with drugs, than it is to find one who does.

Reactions: astonmartin708
Pistols are one thing...these are another:

Calling an AR variant a “sporting rifle” is the biggest croc of :crap: ever by the firearms industry. That rifle design was made for one thing and one thing only: Killing human beings as efficiently as possible. It would be like calling the AK-47 a “modern target rifle”. Can it hit targets? Sure.... but that’s not why it was mass manufactured.

Considering the way that most people actually use AR15s, modern sporting rifle is the most accurate way to describe it. For the most part, it's what they're sold for. Not sure I understand getting worked up about that term.

Considering the way that most people actually use AR15s, modern sporting rifle is the most accurate way to describe it. For the most part, it's what they're sold for. Not sure I understand getting worked up about that term.
The problem isn't the way that most people use AR15's (Which isn't in for their designed purpose). It's the way that a few people use AR15's... which is in the exact manner they were designed for. The way most people use AR15's could be replaced with any number of previous "un-modern" rifles. You don't need a gas fed semi-auto rifle to hunt. You don't need one to protect your home. The biggest difference between any "modern sporting rifle" and a traditional non-semi auto weapon is speed of rechambering the weapon and reloading it. That's what makes the biggest difference in mass shootings. The rate of fire between rifles between the Garand-era and the M14 / M16 era increased from 40-50 rounds per minute from a skilled marksman to 700-750 rounds per minute with the M14 and closer to 800 rounds per minute with the Colt AR15.

It makes it a lot tougher to kill multiple moving targets when you're having to pump / lever / manually cycle a bolt. And it's a lot harder to kill multiple moving targets when you are forced to reload bullet by bullet (like with a shotgun, a revolver, lever action or even a clunky clip-fed action). It's possible, but it takes a ton of discipline and practice, and it usually means having to carry more than one gun which is cumbersome.

There is literally no more reason for a gas-cycled, magazine fed, semi-auto rifle to be on the market available to the masses (usually without a permit) than there is for any fully auto stationary machine gun. You don't need an AR variant to defend your person anymore than you need a .50 Cal machine gun, a grenade launcher, or an RPG. Again, the only reason for those weapons is to kill as many people as possible in as short an amount of time as possible. It's not a "modern sporting rifle" and more than a diesel flamethrower would be a "modern barbecuing device"

Last edited:
Reactions: watu05
So in all this talk....do guns kill people or people kill people? My hellcat and 12 gauge haven't been pointed at another human being since I purchased them.

The problem isn't the way that most people use AR15's (Which isn't in for their designed purpose). It's the way that a few people use AR15's... which is in the exact manner they were designed for. The way most people use AR15's could be replaced with any number of previous "un-modern" rifles. You don't need a gas fed semi-auto rifle to hunt. You don't need one to protect your home. The biggest difference between any "modern sporting rifle" and a traditional non-semi auto weapon is speed of rechambering the weapon and reloading it. That's what makes the biggest difference in mass shootings. The rate of fire between rifles between the Garand-era and the M14 / M16 era increased from 40-50 rounds per minute from a skilled marksman to 700-750 rounds per minute with the M14 and closer to 800 rounds per minute with the Colt AR15.

It makes it a lot tougher to kill multiple moving targets when you're having to pump / lever / manually cycle a bolt. And it's a lot harder to kill multiple moving targets when you are forced to reload bullet by bullet (like with a shotgun, a revolver, lever action or even a clunky clip-fed action). It's possible, but it takes a ton of discipline and practice, and it usually means having to carry more than one gun which is cumbersome.

There is literally no more reason for a gas-cycled, magazine fed, semi-auto rifle to be on the market available to the masses (usually without a permit) than there is for any fully auto stationary machine gun. You don't need an AR variant to defend your person anymore than you need a .50 Cal machine gun, a grenade launcher, or an RPG. Again, the only reason for those weapons is to kill as many people as possible in as short an amount of time as possible. It's not a "modern sporting rifle" and more than a diesel flamethrower would be a "modern barbecuing device"

That's a lot of words to say you don't like something. I'd love to have a 50 though

That's a lot of words to say you don't like something. I'd love to have a 50 though
So would that guy who shot up the concert in Vegas. I’m sure he could have done a bunch of damage from that window of that hotel with a beltfed, tripod mounted machine gun. He shouldn’t have access to one... but he would have really loved the screams it caused.

Why don’t we just give guys like that access to unmanned Drones and air to ground missile systems? I’m sure you could “protect your homestead” with one of those. We’ll call them “modern airborne burglary deterrents”. No permit, and no background check necessary. /s

Last edited:
So would that guy who shot up the concert in Vegas. I’m sure he could have done a bunch of damage from that window of that hotel with a beltfed, tripod mounted machine gun. He shouldn’t have access to one... but he would have really loved the screams it caused.

Why don’t we just give guys like that access to unmanned Drones and air to ground missile systems? I’m sure you could “protect your homestead” with one of those. We’ll call them “modern airborne burglary deterrents”. No permit, and no background check necessary. /s

Sure, no objection from me

Reactions: noble cane
Where can i buy one of these drones?

I have a bunch of tweakers that keep stealing crap out of my barn..

Where can i buy one of these drones?

I have a bunch of tweakers that keep stealing crap out of my barn..
They steal stuff out of your barn so they deserve to be blown up by a missile fired from an unmanned drone? Seems to me like your sense of justice is royally messed up. If your kid steals a stick of gum from the gas station does the owner get to put a bullet in their head? If you run a stop sign and hit my car do I get to chop your hand off if you don’t have insurance? (Sarcastic hyperbole)
That’s some real Sharia Law you’re promoting.

Last edited:
They steal stuff out of your barn so they deserve to be blown up by a missile fired from an unmanned drone? Seems to me like your sense of justice is royally messed up. If your kid steals a stick of gum from the gas station does the owner get to put a bullet in their head? If you run a stop sign and hit my car so I get to chop your hand off if you don’t have insurance? (Sarcastic hyperbole)
That’s some real Sharia Law you’re promoting.
Methinks the lady doth protest too much...

Seriously.. tweakers are like effing zombies.. you could empty half a mag into them and they keep coming..

I guess we can really start to defund the police because according to Conservatives they essentially serve no purpose. In a society where we can expect everyone to be not only allowed but also encouraged to enforce their own wackadoodle brand of Wild West justice with their “modern sporting rifle”... why are police even necessary? It’s every man for himself in this new anarchist hellhole that’s being advocated. “Shoot the tweakers first and ask questions later.”

I guess we can really start to defund the police because according to Conservatives they essentially serve no purpose. In a society where we can expect everyone to be not only allowed but also encouraged to enforce their own wackadoodle brand of Wild West justice with their “modern sporting rifle”... why are police even necessary? It’s every man for himself in this new anarchist hellhole that’s being advocated. “Shoot the tweakers first and ask questions later.”
Obviously you have never tried to ask a tweaker a question.

But, i will ask you one.

Why doesnt the govt enforce the laws it has on the books?

There is literally no more reason for a gas-cycled, magazine fed, semi-auto rifle to be on the market available to the masses (usually without a permit) than there is for any fully auto stationary machine gun.
The firearms industry argument is that there are so many ARs in the population, that they must be ok. It's really a definition of the problem rather than an argument for their necessity or even value. "America's Rifle" and "Modern Sporting Rifle" indeed. Since ARs make of 70% of gun production, the firearms industry has a big stake in sanitizing these mass shootings.

" This includes an estimated 434 million firearms in civilian possession, with about half, 214 million, of those entering the market since 1991. Of those, "America's Rifle," the AR-15 and similar semi-automatics dubbed Modern Sporting Rifles by the NSSF, account for an estimated 19.8 million, lending concrete numbers to the argument that such guns are in common use.

The NSSF has argued that semi-auto firearms intended for the commercial market-- which made up 70 percent of firearm production in recent years-- are far from being "weapons of war," as described by gun prohibitionists.

I'm really behind the times. This was almost 6 years ago and I don't even have any gun mounted drones yet

• Wow
Obviously you have never tried to ask a tweaker a question.

But, i will ask you one.

Why doesnt the govt enforce the laws it has on the books?
Better plan... let the tweaked steal whatever... find him, bring him to justice and recover the stolen material or report it to your home insurance. Boom. No one gets blown up via drone for stolen copper or whatever.

I don't know that I'd trust a social worker to get my property back from a meth head unless we start giving our social workers meth to trade with them

I don't know that I'd trust a social worker to get my property back from a meth head unless we start giving our social workers meth to trade with them
Or unless we start tackling the meth problem in terms of getting people help.

Also I was being sarcastic about defunding all forms of police. The point of my hyperbole was that we have police so that it’s not necessary for every joe-blow on the street to have an AR to protect themselves or their property.

the dems blame "assault weapons" for the mass shootings and want them banned. They blame the reps for blocking their legislation.

ak15 have been around since the 60s. the dems have had several opportunities to pass anything they wanted since then. why didn't they.

the dems blame "assault weapons" for the mass shootings and want them banned. They blame the reps for blocking their legislation.

ak15 have been around since the 60s. the dems have had several opportunities to pass anything they wanted since then. why didn't they.
Ever heard of the assault weapons ban?

No, it’s just less likely that it would happen in the first place

In this scenario it has already happened and I need my property back so you’re going to have to time travel or give your social worker some meth

Make them update the background check... just like they make you update your eye exam when you get a new drivers license.

Also, make them re-up the check when a known altering event is made or a complaint is made to the authorities.
Background checks are created by those in power and currently, I wouldn’t trust the people in charge to create apolitical criteria. Guns aren’t the problem, people are. Here in the UK, you have to have special permission to purchase certain knives! That’s where this is heading if the current people in control have their way!

In this scenario it has already happened and I need my property back so you’re going to have to time travel or give your social worker some meth
Or, I hand it over to the police, like I said. The point is, you don’t get to go vigilante justice on the Methhead just because he stole your TV.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT