ADVERTISEMENT

CHAMP WEEK

Well, that is wrong as the teams that go to Dayton play for a 16 seed and the 11 seed. The 16 seeds shouldn't play in Dayton. The 11 and 12 seed should as those are your bubble type teams. the 16 seeds consist of conference champs, and they should be guaranteed a spot in the field of 64 but they are not.
I agree about the 16 seeds. They won their conference tournaments and a right to be in the field of 64. The first 4 should pit the last 8 at large teams playing for the 12 and 13 seeds. Heck, I'd be OK if they all played to be the 16 seeds...maybe then the #1 seeds wouldn't essentially be getting byes into the 2nd round. And the 16 seeds should be reserved for the last teams to get into the field regardless of NET ranking. And the last 8 at large teams are literally the last teams to get in.

Zags vs ORU would be fun but I expect the Zags to be on the 2 line. 3 at worst. Their NET is #6
I think this version of Gonzaga, at least to the eye test, is more suited to a 5-6 seed. I know they have good players but they seemingly constantly struggle whenever I turn one of their games on. At those moments it seems the teams they are playing have figured out how to take Timme out of the game.

I think this version of Gonzaga, at least to the eye test, is more suited to a 5-6 seed. I know they have good players but they seemingly constantly struggle whenever I turn one of their games on. At those moments it seems the teams they are playing have figured out how to take Timme out of the game.
While I do agree, I don’t see the committee giving the #6 team in the NET a seed under the 3 line. Plus they absolutely love the Zags

They are really lacking guards this season. Worst i have seen in forever. Be interesting to see how they do going forward without Tommy Lloyd who was their main recruiter.( Especially overseas) who is now the head coach at Arizona.

Be weird watching next year without Timme.

They are really lacking guards this season. Worst i have seen in forever. Be interesting to see how they do going forward without Tommy Lloyd who was their main recruiter.( Especially overseas) who is now the head coach at Arizona.

Be weird watching next year without Timme.
They'll replace him with another version of him. I mean he basically replaced Adam Morrison in almost the same role. And Few has turned Gonzaga into 2nd chance U in basketball taking castoffs from power conferences and turning them into juggernauts. Eric McClelland finished his college career there after getting the boot from Vandy for being mixed up in some type of theft ring. Few has done that for a number of players who went to a power conference school and left after a year or two. Few will just reload again.

They'll replace him with another version of him. I mean he basically replaced Adam Morrison in almost the same role. And Few has turned Gonzaga into 2nd chance U in basketball taking castoffs from power conferences and turning them into juggernauts. Eric McClelland finished his college career there after getting the boot from Vandy for being mixed up in some type of theft ring. Few has done that for a number of players who went to a power conference school and left after a year or two. Few will just reload again.
Hope so! one of my favorite teams to watch play.

While I do agree, I don’t see the committee giving the #6 team in the NET a seed under the 3 line. Plus they absolutely love the Zags
Agree on the seeding, but they only like the Zags. What they truly love is money and power...

Reactions: TU_BLA
I want to be interested but the worse we are the less I care about sports at all.

Tried to watch some conference tourney stuff the past few days but cannot get into it.

Reactions: TU_BLA and loca2874
I want to be interested but the worse we are the less I care about sports at all.

Tried to watch some conference tourney stuff the past few days but cannot get into it.
To be honest I probably won’t watch a game other than the Tulsa game until the NCAA tournament. I will watch any game in the tournament

Oklahoma looks like TU. Cannot get a shot off inside and rim protectors from OSU are swatting everything away or bothering shots. That allows the outside shooters to be closely guarded Does this sound familiar?

Oklahoma looks like TU. Cannot get a shot off inside and rim protectors from OSU are swatting everything away or bothering shots. That allows the outside shooters to be closely guarded Does this sound familiar?
An average coach would have OSU in the tourney.

Usually I’m able to clear my schedule come tourney time but this year I have a dental appointment on the first Thursday and a luncheon during both the sweet sixteen and the elite eight.

An average coach would have OSU in the tourney.
OSU should be up by 12 at the half not 6. They are 15 points better than OU. ORU would beat OU. I think OSUis too big for ORU.

OSU should be up by 12 at the half not 6. They are 15 points better than OU. ORU would beat OU. I think OSUis too big for ORU.
Funny you said that. A friend of mine who’s an OSU fan texted me earlier today that ORU would beat OSU.

I know I would rather watch this year’s 30-4 ORU in the tournament over an 18-15 OSU. This quad ranking system heavily favors the big conferences.

Reactions: rusty-c and I.I.

On top of it, the basketball is just flat out bad. I tried watching some games yesterday and the basketball was just bad. Houston/Memphis on Sunday was one of the best games I've seen this year. Even the showdown between Gonzaga and St. Mary's, 2 very good teams, was not interesting because St. Mary's played awful. Tried watching a little of the Texas Tech and WVa game yesterday...awful. OSU and OU was almost as bad. B1G basketball is nearly unwatchable these days as well...even Purdue who has the freak in Edey who is absolutely dominant, has some really poor guard play.

Right now my rooting interest seems to be I want UCONN to flame out so hard so I can see their message board melt and who they pass the blame to this time.

Day 11 of Conference Tournaments

MEAC– March 8-11

MEAC – Quarterfinals – Norfolk, VA

TeamRatingTeamRatingTimeTV
Morgan St.287atUMES2295:00 p.m.ESPN+
Coppin St.326atNorfolk St.1917:00 p.m.ESPN+

SWAC– March 8-11

SWAC – Quarterfinals – Birmingham, AL

Prairie View277atJackson St.3052:00 p.m.ESPN+
Alabama A&M321atSouthern###8:30 p.m.ESPN+

Big 12– March 8-11

Big 12 – Quarterfinals – Kansas city

Iowa St.20atBaylor1211:30 a.m.ESPN
West Virginia19atKansas82:00 p.m.ESPN
Oklahoma St.41atTexas96:00 p.m.ESPN2
TCU29atKansas St.178:30 p.m.ESPN2

Mountain West– March 8-11

Mountain West – Quarterfinals – Las Vegas, NV

Colorado St.110atSan Diego St.162:00 p.m.CBSSN
San Jose St.96atNevada364:30 p.m.CBSSN
UNLV90atBoise St.278:00 p.m.CBSSN
New Mexico50atUtah St.2210:30 p.m.CBSSN

Big East– March 8-11

Big East – Quarterfinals – New York, NY

St. John's (NY)98atMarquette1311:00 a.m.FS1
Providence53atUconn71:30 p.m.FS1
DePaul169atXavier236:00 p.m.FS1
Villanova72atCreighton148:30 p.m.FS1

MAAC– March 7-11

MAAC – Quarterfinals – Atlantic City, NJ

Marist291atQuinnipiac1646:00 p.m.ESPN+
Niagara253atSiena2018:30 p.m.ESPN+

MAC– March 7-11

MAC – Quarterfinals – Cleveland, OH

Miami (OH)284atToledo7910:00 a.m.ESPN+
Ohio138atBall St.14712:30 p.m.ESPN+
UNI215atKent St.683:00 p.m.ESPN+
Buffalo183atAkron1055:30 p.mESPN+

CUSA– March 8-11

CUSA – Quarterfinals – Frisco, TX

Western Ky.173atFla. Atlantic155:30 p.m.ESPN+
Charlotte112atMiddle Tenn.1196:00 p.m.ESPN+
Louisiana Tech162atNorth Texas428:00 p.m.ESPN+
Rice198atUAB588:30 p.m.ESPN+

ACC– March 7-11

ACC– Quarterfinals – Greensboro, NC

Wake Forest91atMiami###11:00 a.m.ESPN2
Pittsburgh56atDuke251:30 p.m.ESPN2
North Carolina44atVirginia306:00 p.m.ESPN
NC State37atClemson618:30 p.m.ESPN

PAC-12– March 8-11

PAC-12 – Quarterfinals – Las Vegas, NV

Colorado70atUCLA42:00 p.m.PAC12
Washington St.69atOregon474:30 p.m.PAC12
Stanford95atArizona118:00 p.m.PAC12
Arizona St.65atSouthern California4810:30 p.m.ESPN

WAC– March 7, 9-11

WAC – Quarterfinals – Las Vegas, NV

California Baptist170atSam Houston602:00 p.m.ESPN+
Grand Canyon120atSeattle U1434:00 p.m.ESPN+
Tarleton St.161atUtah Valley748:00 p.m.ESPN+
Utah Tech158atSouthern Utah10410:00 p.m.ESPN+

Atlantic 10– March 7-9, 11-12

Atlantic 10 – Quarterfinals – Brooklyn, NY

Davidson145atVCU6610:30 a.m.USA NET
George Mason129atSaint Louis1021:00 p.m.USA NET
Saint Joseph's200atDayton754:00 p.m.USA NET
La Salle220atFordham1346:30 p.m.USA NET

SEC– March 8-12

SEC – Second Round – Nashville, TN

Mississippi St.46atFlorida5912:00 p.m.SEC NET
Ole Miss126atTennessee32:00 p.m.SEC NET
Arkansas18atAuburn326:00 p.m.SEC NET
LSU151atVanderbilt828:00 p.m.SEC NET

BIG 10– March 8-11

Big 10 – Quarterfinals – Chicago, IL

Rutgers43atMichigan5411:00 a.m.BTN
Ohio St.57atIowa381:30 p.m.BTN
Penn St.55atIllinois335:30 p.m.BTN
Minnesota218atMaryland268:00 p.m.BTN

American– March 9-12

American – First Round – Fort Worth, TX

East Carolina208atSouth Fla.15211:30 a.m.ESPNU
SMU209atUCF711:30 p.m.ESPNU
Tulsa322atWichita St.1096:00 p.m.ESPNU

Check back each day for new updates

Automatic Qualifiers

SE. Missouri St.Fairleigh DickinsonUNC AshevilleDrake
Kennesaw St.LouisianaFurmanNorthern Kentucky
College of CharlestonGonzagaOral RobertsA&M-Corpus Christi
ColgateMontana St.

Looking for an at Large Bid – These are the top NET teams that have not receive the automatic

HoustonKansas St.IllinoisNorth Carolina
AlabamaArkansasMemphisNew Mexico
TennesseeKentuckyMiami (FL)Providence
UCLAIowa St.NevadaCol. of Charleston
PurdueUtah St.IowaMichigan
UConnXavierNorthwesternTexas Tech
KansasTexas A&MNorth TexasPenn St.
Saint Mary's (CA)West VirginiaRutgersUAB
GonzagaDukeNC StatePittsburgh
TexasMarylandOral RobertsFlorida
ArizonaBoise St.Oklahoma St.Sam Houston
BaylorTCULibertyClemson
MarquetteIndianaSouthern CaliforniaYale
CreightonVirginiaMississippi St.Ohio St.
Fla. AtlanticMichigan St.OregonIona
San Diego St.AuburnMissouriArizona St.

Reactions: Weatherdemon

I have never seen so much individual play as opposed to team play....I feared as much, as the
portal and NIL seem to emphasize the individual visa-avis the team....

Our team played as individuals this year....I have always felt it took more talent and desire
to win to play team ball....In our conference, Houston is the team that actually does, and it
is refreshing to watch.....

Our team is obviously going to be different next season....As our talent level increases, I
would expect our team play will also.....I'm looking forward to it! Our PG recruiting success
will be a large determinant in how much progress we can make in that area....

OSU just showed how rim protectors dominate a game. OU could not shoot inside 10 feet. Mosier should put a paper sack over his head. Maybe go back to Chicago. I see why David Patrick left this year.

Moser and his agent are begging for an interview at ND. Bad fit for OU. Small school rock star coach who took the $$ and now is struggling. Happens on a regular basis.

Reactions: TULSARISING
Moser and his agent are begging for an interview at ND. Bad fit for OU. Small school rock star coach who took the $$ and now is struggling. Happens on a regular basis.
It sure seems like if some of these coaches were not so greedy, they could have a long term successful career at a smaller school. When they get more money then they will ever need , they seem to get comfortable, look at Scott Frost for example

Not sure if it's been mentioned elsewhere but it's also pertinent to this thread. Bill Self will miss at least Kansas' quarterfinal game against WVa. Reports are saying he suffered a "vascular event" and was hospitalized. I have not seen anything that specified what that event was (stroke or heart attack).

Prayers up for Coach Self and a speedy recovery

Scott Sutton is director of basketball operations at OSU. Not that I’m confident Boynton would listen to him if were an assistant coach. OSU’s NET is 41 this am. I think they need a win today. A close loss and it’s probably 50/50. Blowout and they’re not going.

Reactions: rusty-c
Scott Sutton is director of basketball operations at OSU. Not that I’m confident Boynton would listen to him if were an assistant coach. OSU’s NET is 41 this am. I think they need a win today. A close loss and it’s probably 50/50. Blowout and they’re not going.
Yep. Knew they moved him into a non recruiting position. Hope they can get one more win.

Are we paying to fly the band to Ft Worth or using that money on recruiting.

Are we paying to fly the band to Ft Worth or using that money on recruiting.
It's usually a donation that pays for the band to travel. And b/c basketball only has so many slots in the pep band, my guess is they take 15-20 kids to play plus the a combo of spirit squads and they pack them onto one bus. Since our game is late, I would have the hotel reservation for 1 night but tell everyone we're headed back after we lose tonight

I've got the SMU/UCF game on. SMU likes to think they're a player in major college sports and desperately wants to be in a top of the food chain conference but the attendance at Dickie's today for their game shows how small potatoes they are. The game is pretty much a 25 minute drive from their campus and the joint is empty.

It's usually a donation that pays for the band to travel. And b/c basketball only has so many slots in the pep band, my guess is they take 15-20 kids to play plus the a combo of spirit squads and they pack them onto one bus. Since our game is late, I would have the hotel reservation for 1 night but tell everyone we're headed back after we lose tonight
Number when I was helping Prof. set the traveling rosters was 30, minus the director. Seems that that hadn't changed when I did the band liaison thing when the NCAA's were last in Tulsa. I can tell you that we bused to St. Louis for the Valley Tournament games and when we played the first couple of rounds of the NCAA in OKC, but flew to Dallas. The Valley stuff was a donation, but the NCAA's were part of the tournament expenses that I believe were handled by the NCAA.

Reactions: I.I. and TU_BLA
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT