ADVERTISEMENT

CHAMP WEEK

Game over with him 3 pts away from tieing the record. His only hope is Cbi or whatever they call the CIT now.

Reactions: loca2874
I'm betting the CIT and or CBI give them a bid, so that the record can be broken for the publicity.

His selfishness the last few minutes cost them the chance to advance . There were men wide open he wouldn't pass to even though he was double teamed. He kept shooting and shooting and shooting....iron, iron , and iron.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
His selfishness the last few minutes cost them the chance to advance . There were men wide open he wouldn't pass to even though he was double teamed. He kept shooting and shooting and shooting....iron, iron , and iron.
If so then poetic justice

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
I'm actually going to put a TU spin on this and say our Anthony Pritchard kept him from breaking the record by holding him to a low 23 points here and even kept him from being the high scorer that night.

Well he holds the single season record I believe that was held by Steph curry. He only needed 7 points for that. I need to research that
Davis best season is over 200 points less than Maravich’s worst season

Davis best season is over 200 points less than Maravich’s worst season
So I found the story again. and he fell short of it as well. Going into the game he could have passed Steph Curry for the 3 point season leader. Davis made 159 Three Pointers this season, which is 3 shy of the record Curry set in the 2007-2008 season. Being cold in this game just killed it for him.

Right now he is the Career Leader in 3 pointers made at 588.

Day 5 of Conference Tournaments

Ohio Valley – March 1 - 4

Ohio Valley – Semifinals – Evansville, IN

TeamRatingTeamRatingTimeTV
Southeast Mo. St.256atMorehead St.2197:00 p.m.ESPNU
UT Martin241atTennessee Tech2789:30 p.m.ESPNU

Missouri Valley – March 2-5

Missouri Valley – Quarterfinals – Saint Louis, MO

UNI216atBradley5612:00 p.m.ESPN+
Indiana St.94atBelmont1122:30 p.m.ESPN+
Murray St.213atDrake716:00 p.m.ESPN+
Missouri St.136atSouthern Ill.1188:30 p.m.ESPN+

Big South– March 1, 3-5

Big South – Quarterfinals – Charlotte, NC

Charleston So.303atUNC Asheville13710:30 a.m.ESPN+
Gardner-Webb191atUSC Upstate2671:00 p.m.ESPN+
Campbell248atLongwood1555:00 p.m.ESPN+
Winthrop245atRadford1817:00 p.m.ESPN+

Southern –March 3-6

Southern – First Round – Asheville, NC

The Citadel324atMercer2294:00 p.m.ESPN+
VMI355atChattanooga1976:30 p.m.ESPN+

Colonial Athletic – March 3-7

Colonial Athletic – First Round – Washington, DC

Monmouth356atHampton3451:00 p.m.

West Coast – March 2-4, 6-7

West Coast – Second Round – Las Vegas

Portland163atBYU888:00 p.m.WCC NET
Pacific192atSan Francisco11910:30 p.m.WCC NET

Summit – March 3-7

Summit – First Round – Sioux Falls, SD

North Dakota281atDenver2826:00 p.m.ESPN+
Omaha320atKansas City3008:30 p.m.ESPN+

Saturday, March 4 will start the following Tournaments

Big Sky – First Round
America East – First Round

These Tournaments will have another game

Ohio Valley – Finals
Big South – Semifinals
Missouri Valley – Semifinals
Sun Belt – Quarterfinals
Southern – Quarterfinals
Northeast – Semifinals
Colonial Athletic – Second Round
Summit – Second Round
West Coast – Quarterfinals

Check back each day for new updates

Automatic Qualifiers

Looking for an at Large Bid – These are the top NET teams and if the AQ from 1 Bids were the top NET.

HoustonKansas St.IowaMissouri
AlabamaSan Diego St.IllinoisSouthern California
TennesseeXavierMiami (FL)North Texas
UCLATCUAuburnTexas Tech
PurdueKentuckyMemphisCol. of Charleston
KansasUtah St.RutgersMichigan
UConnDukeProvidencePittsburgh
Saint Mary's (CA)West VirginiaLibertyBradley
GonzagaMarylandNC StatePenn St.
TexasTexas A&MOral RobertsUAB
ArizonaBoise St.Mississippi St.Florida
BaylorIowa St.North CarolinaOhio St.
MarquetteIndianaNorthwesternSam Houston
CreightonVirginiaNew MexicoIona
Fla. AtlanticMichigan St.Oklahoma St.Arizona St.
ArkansasNevadaOregonClemson

VMI(16-16) & Rice(16-17) got into the cbi last year. The one and only Detroit Mercy(14-15), Morgan St,(13-14) & USC Upstate played in the Erace tourney last year.(formerly CIT)

But the one and only proof that Detroit Mercy has a chance of a 'bid' is Maryland Eastern Shore(11-15) in the Erace tourney last year.

If they let in Maryland Eastern Shore at 11-15, then I can easily see them letting in Detroit Mercy at 14-19 with Davis breaking the record on his 4th point.(Heck they might even let em in for free to get the pub.)

VMI(16-16) & Rice(16-17) got into the cbi last year. The one and only Detroit Mercy(14-15), Morgan St,(13-14) & USC Upstate played in the Erace tourney last year.(formerly CIT)

But the one and only proof that Detroit Mercy has a chance of a 'bid' is Maryland Eastern Shore(11-15) in the Erace tourney last year.

If they let in Maryland Eastern Shore at 11-15, then I can easily see them letting in Detroit Mercy at 14-19 with Davis breaking the record on his 4th point.(Heck they might even let em in for free to get the pub.)
Good call.

So I found the story again. and he fell short of it as well. Going into the game he could have passed Steph Curry for the 3 point season leader. Davis made 159 Three Pointers this season, which is 3 shy of the record Curry set in the 2007-2008 season. Being cold in this game just killed it for him.

Right now he is the Career Leader in 3 pointers made at 588.
Yes Virginia, their could be a loca2874 Christmas in March where he breaks all those records in the CIT.

Surely he can get 4 pts and 4 3ptr if he get's the bid.

He's only missed the mark on 4 3ptr or more, in a third of his games this year. That gives him a 66% chance if he gets a CIT/CBI bid. I say if he get's the bid, only because Detroit Mercy wouldn't be getting that bid alone.

He doesn't deserve those records, but there's a chance.

Last edited:

I was thinking this. Detroit Mercy might also pay their way in so the kid can break the record and the school can get the positive publicity that goes with that...and it's publicity beyond athletics.
I was gonna say Absmas could technically come back another year and I wonder how close he would come to Maravich and Davis if he did. The answer is, he wouldn't He's about 1200 pts behind them and his highest scoring total in a season (so far) is 685. Maravich was scoring 1100+ pts per season in 5-8 fewer games per season. Davis has scored 930 pts this season and he had 2 seasons of 700+ pts and one that was 6 pts shy of 700. His lowest was 529 in a COVID shortened 22 games season 2020-2021.

I'm sure Absmas will put the feelers out there for the pro's but if some team wants to stick him in the G-League for $700/wk, he's probably better off staying at ORU.

I was thinking this. Detroit Mercy might also pay their way in so the kid can break the record and the school can get the positive publicity that goes with that...and it's publicity beyond athletics.
I was gonna say Absmas could technically come back another year and I wonder how close he would come to Maravich and Davis if he did. The answer is, he wouldn't He's about 1200 pts behind them and his highest scoring total in a season (so far) is 685. Maravich was scoring 1100+ pts per season in 5-8 fewer games per season. Davis has scored 930 pts this season and he had 2 seasons of 700+ pts and one that was 6 pts shy of 700. His lowest was 529 in a COVID shortened 22 games season 2020-2021.

I'm sure Absmas will put the feelers out there for the pro's but if some team wants to stick him in the G-League for $700/wk, he's probably better off staying at ORU.
Yeah I'd already thought about the school finding it worth it to pay in for the pub. It would be 50k well spent by them. And they might be able to find a booster(group) to pay part or all of the 50k.

My birthday is in the middle of March. I’d always assumed “March Madness” was in honor of my birthday. If we want to add Christmas to the mix I’ve got no objections!!
Is your birthday on the 14,th 15th, 19th, or the 20th?

Yes Virginia, their could be a loca2874 Christmas in March where he breaks all those records in the CIT.

Surely he can get 4 pts and 4 3ptr if he get's the bid.

He's only missed the mark on 4 3ptr or more in a third of his games this year. That gives him a 66% chance if he gets a CIT/CBI bid. I say if he get's the bid only because Detroit Mercy wouldn't be getting that bid alone.

He doesn't deserve those records, but there's a chance.
If he does break Maravich’s record, it should have an asterisk and an explanation for why the abomination was included in the list.

The kid is a scoring machine and deserves some recognition. Said before I prefer Maravich record stands but I don't really favor conditional records.

If the situation is really that different by eras just keep records by era. That seems better than diminishing someone's accomplishment.

My birthday is in the middle of March. I’d always assumed “March Madness” was in honor of my birthday. If we want to add Christmas to the mix I’ve got no objections!!
The reason I asked is those are possible Christmas dates in March.(1st round of CBI Mar 19th & 20th. 1st Round of CIT 14th & 15th.)

Mine's in late March.

I'm hoping to have a real Christmas in March, and us get some juco recruits on my birthday.(I'll take an early Christmas/Birthday gift too, no problem with that.)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT