ADVERTISEMENT

Cal Baptist Game Thread

You don't get rebounds by out jumping people, especially bigger players. You get them by boxing out, holding position and then gaining possession. A good rebounder can let the ball hit the floor and never be in doubt of securing it. This is basketball 101 and why over the back is a foul while not actually being in the rule book.
Well, you still have to jump and go get the ball, otherwise someone who wants it more will go and get it.

Please don’t lose this game... Football already ruined my fall.. Don’t ruin my winter BBall..

Please play the players that played last year. No more new players

Is Moore playing? Says he hasn't attempted a shot in the box score.

He started the game, hasn’t played in 2nd half and didn’t play much on the 1st.

At one point I saw a towel on his knee on the bench but not sure if it was ice or he was just setting his towel on his knee.

He was struggling badly on defense so that may be why he isn’t playing.

Can someone explain to me the philosophy to switch to a zone when a team is hot from 3 AND you’re struggling to get rebounds? In my mind the zone is the absolute worst defense option in this scenario.

Reactions: TU_BLA and TU405
Can someone explain to me the philosophy to switch to a zone when a team is hot from 3 AND you’re struggling to get rebounds? In my mind the zone is the absolute worst defense option in this scenario.
And especially when you have an advantage in player to player talent. Acquah is the only player CBU has that can play at a higher level.

This is a good teaching game for what to do on rebounding against a taller fouling team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT