And now... Tulsa Vs Texas and Tulsa Vs Arkansas predictions

TULSARISING

I.T.S. Offensive Coordinator
Jun 21, 2017
Tulsa 24. Texas 42
Tulsa 17. Arkansas 34

Bonus prediction... Both games are very close at halftime

Reactions: TUGrad06
I'd rather see us give some pity points to the Longhorns... and then lay a steaming, smelly pile of shame on Arkansas for refusing to play us in Tulsa. Let's make it one of the old School of the Blind scores that TU put up 151:0

We actually put that up against NEO back in 1920. Talk about running up the score!!!

Last edited:
He can not. Throw. The Football. Unless you're at Navy, you can not be a D1 QB without being able to reliably complete passes downfield.

Reactions: TU 1978
Agree. Monty can't seem to make it clear that he has a future at RB or wide receiver and can only be a QB in a wildcane format

Hopefully this is just to throw off our early season competition. If chad plays qb, we’re looking at another 2-10 season.

He can not. Throw. The Football. Unless you're at Navy, you can not be a D1 QB without being able to reliably complete passes downfield.
It cant get much clearer than that. For everyone's sake, Monty needs to go ahead and rip the bandaid off and get him a new position. All of the articles related to him competing for the job is getting tiring and very unproductive for the team.

Reactions: TU 1978
It cant get much clearer than that. For everyone's sake, Monty needs to go ahead and rip the bandaid off and get him a new position. All of the articles related to him competing for the job is getting tiring and very unproductive for the team.
It's not helping market the team at all if nothing else.

Let me try a different theory - they know he’s not going to be a regular playing QB but his long term goal is to be a coach. He’s basically an extra coach now (Monty had him signaling in plays). They think QB is the best place for him to contribute now in helping lead the team and to position himself for a GA and then coaching job. If this is about helping with his life career, then I’m cool with it.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
Let me try a different theory - they know he’s not going to be a regular playing QB but his long term goal is to be a coach. He’s basically an extra coach now (Monty had him signaling in plays). They think QB is the best place for him to contribute now in helping lead the team and to position himself for a GA and then coaching job. If this is about helping with his life career, then I’m cool with it.
Reminds me of Charlie from the Mighty Ducks. In MD2 (the quack attack is back yall!) He says something like, "you know how I always told you I'd make a better coach than a player?"

Unfortunately this will be a Texas BBQ with Bevo asleep by the 4 th quarter . I hate to see TU whoring out itself for a big pay day . Hope our players make it thru injury free .

Unfortunately this will be a Texas BBQ with Bevo asleep by the 4 th quarter . I hate to see TU whoring out itself for a big pay day . Hope our players make it thru injury free .

You’re kidding yourself if you think Bevo is that good. He’ll be asleep because he has mad cow disease.

Herman may be on his way out so there’s that too.

Unless you want to write a check for $50 million earmarked for athletics, then get used to payout games for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
Unless you want to write a check for $50 million earmarked for athletics, then get used to payout games for the foreseeable future.

These payout games are here to stay. The biggest problem with them is that for every one we schedule, we have to add an FCS opponent to balance the home slate. Then the casual fan gets turned off by the 'poor home schedule'.

These payout games are here to stay. The biggest problem with them is that for every one we schedule, we have to add an FCS opponent to balance the home slate. Then the casual fan gets turned off by the 'poor home schedule'.

I think the FCS situation all comes down to scheduling. If you play the FCS the very first game of the season, fans will be more interested than if you play them after you’ve already played legit competition. If we played Texas first then UCA, no one would give two shats about UCA, but since they’re first, all the football starved fans will be willing to see some college football regardless of the opponent.

Last edited:
I think the FCS situation all comes down to scheduling. If you play the FCS the very first game of the season, fans will be more interested than if you play them after you’ve already played legit competition. If we played Texas first then UCA, no one would have two shats about UCA, but since they’re first, all the football starved fans will be willing to see some college football regardless of the opponent.

Good point. If my memory is correct, this is our first opener vs a FCS team since 2006.

But i’m still worried that an FCS opponent on a holiday weekend is a bad draw. At least it’s at night.

Reactions: Aboomer
Reminds me of Charlie from the Mighty Ducks. In MD2 (the quack attack is back yall!) He says something like, "you know how I always told you I'd make a better coach than a player?"
Plus he will probably be used on certain packages

It isn’t just the casual fans.. this 25 yr season ticket holder isn’t too hip on paying full price for NCA&T...

Are ou home ticket prices the same for Fla Atlantic as for Kst, osu, ttech?

Last edited:

Wait, they take checks? Hell, I thought they needed money. Anyone can write a check.

Do you think they'd try to cash it before carving my name into stone somewhere prominent?

Wait, they take checks? Hell, I thought they needed money. Anyone can write a check.

Do you think they'd try to cash it before carving my name into stone somewhere prominent?
I'm sure we could get you one of those Alumni bricks if you really want your name in stone.

I think this has already been addressed, but does anybody know what channel the Longhorn network is broadcast on Dish TV?

fexas 35 TU 19
Sooies 24 TU17

LHN, B-10, and SEC are included with my America’s Top 200 package with Dish. I had to pay for the PAC-12 Network for a month when TU played a PAC team recently (basketball I think).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT