ADVERTISEMENT

North Texas vs Tulsa Official Predictions Thread

A repeat of 2005 is foretold.

Tulsa 54
UNT 2

Our daughter was a freshman at UNT and it was parents weekend so she went to the game with me. She was less than impressed with the UNT team and never attended another football game her four years there.
I will never forget that game. First TU road game for me.

If we play KF:
TU- 45
UNT- 17

If not, I have no idea.

Reactions: Tulsafanzz
Tulsa - 37
UNT - 1

I know, it's impossible. But given the mystery of the QB choices of the Head Coach I figure we are in some multiverse that defies the laws of physics and mathematics anyway...

• Haha
Reactions: TU Pilot
Tulsa - 37
UNT - 1

I know, it's impossible. But given the mystery of the QB choices of the Head Coach I figure we are in some multiverse that defies the laws of physics and mathematics anyway...
There's actually a 1 pt safety, but don't remember the circumstances and it's super rare.

• Wow
Reactions: TulsaAM
There's actually a 1 pt safety, but don't remember the circumstances and it's super rare.
There are actually THREE possibilities for a team to score one point. May my grandma rise from the grave and slap me for not knowing this:

1. Offensive Team Tackled in Their Own End Zone: During an extra point or 2-point conversion attempt, if the offensive team somehow gets tackled in their own end zone, the defensive team is awarded 1 point. This situation is almost unimaginable because extra points are typically attempted from the opponent’s two-yard line, making it highly unlikely for the offense to fumble the ball all the way back to their own end zone.
  2. Fumbled Ball Forward into Opponent’s End Zone: If the offense fumbles the ball forward into the opponent’s end zone during the conversion attempt, and a defender is called for illegally knocking the ball out of bounds, the offense is awarded 1 point.
  3. Fumbled Ball During Conversion Attempt: If the offense fumbles the football during its conversion attempt, and a defender cleanly recovers the ball and attempts to advance it, but is tackled in their own end zone, a safety is called. In this case, the offense is awarded 1 point instead of the traditional 2 points that a safety normally earns 1.
However, these are all after a score so a team ending with 1 point and ONLY one point is the first instance where the defense is awarded the point.

So, I revise my prediction to:

TU: 6
UNT: 1

Reactions: TU Pilot
There are actually THREE possibilities for a team to score one point. May my grandma rise from the grave and slap me for not knowing this:

1. Offensive Team Tackled in Their Own End Zone: During an extra point or 2-point conversion attempt, if the offensive team somehow gets tackled in their own end zone, the defensive team is awarded 1 point. This situation is almost unimaginable because extra points are typically attempted from the opponent’s two-yard line, making it highly unlikely for the offense to fumble the ball all the way back to their own end zone.
  2. Fumbled Ball Forward into Opponent’s End Zone: If the offense fumbles the ball forward into the opponent’s end zone during the conversion attempt, and a defender is called for illegally knocking the ball out of bounds, the offense is awarded 1 point.
  3. Fumbled Ball During Conversion Attempt: If the offense fumbles the football during its conversion attempt, and a defender cleanly recovers the ball and attempts to advance it, but is tackled in their own end zone, a safety is called. In this case, the offense is awarded 1 point instead of the traditional 2 points that a safety normally earns 1.
However, these are all after a score so a team ending with 1 point and ONLY one point is the first instance where the defense is awarded the point.

That first rule has never been used, and never will.

That third rule is ridiculous. The offense shouldn't be rewarded for fumbling into the end zone, regardless of where they tackle the defense.

Only the second rule makes sense. I would actually award the full 2 points it it were up to me.

Pretty sure KState did one of these in the playoff a few years ago. Super random and that's the only reason I knew it was a thing

That third rule is ridiculous. The offense shouldn't be rewarded for fumbling into the end zone, regardless of where they tackle the defense.
I revise this statement.

The offense shouldn't be rewarded for fumbling into the end zone, regardless of where they tackle the defense.
And the defense shouldn't be penalized for cleanly blocking an extra point conversion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT