ADVERTISEMENT

Afghanistan 2021...

If I lived there and the animals were taking over again, getting my kid over that wall would be the happiest moment of my life

Reactions: drboobay
Remember Aston gave us the rundown on ways to defend your position, including "circling the wagons".... he is now demonstrating the activity as he and other dems form a circle around their naked emperor..
Had-D-Har.
If I lived there and the animals were taking over again, getting my kid over that wall would be the happiest moment of my life
I agree. That’s why I said it was weird. I would expect distress or elation, or some combination of both.

I’m pretty confident they’re not having an existential crisis

I think there was a deal made that if we backed off and let them take back their country that their leaders would make certain concessions, it's why there hasn't been significant battles between their militias and our troops at the air base to this point.

Assume giving them billions and billions of dollars of military assets were part of that deal? Part 2 of said plan was not informing our allies and forcing them to send special forces into the country to get their people out….sometimes under Taliban fire?

Last edited:
Assume giving them billions and billions of dollars of military assets were part of that deal? Part 2 of said plan was not informing our allies and forcing them to send special forces into the country to get their people out….sometimes under Taliban fire?

They’re taking assets that we gave to the Afghans to fight the Taliban. Are you suggesting we should not have offered the Afghan government any advanced tools to fight the Taliban? Once we give the equipment to our allies, is it our responsibility to make sure the assets are destroyed before they fall to the enemy?

If you would like to blame someone either blame the military officials who thought it was a good idea to give advanced weapons platforms to a military unprepared to use them, or get mad at the military who was unprepared to use them.

They’re taking assets that we gave to the Afghans to fight the Taliban. Are you suggesting we should not have offered the Afghan government any advanced tools to fight the Taliban? Once we give the equipment to our allies, is it our responsibility to make sure the assets are destroyed before they fall to the enemy?

If you would like to blame someone either blame the military officials who thought it was a good idea to give advanced weapons platforms to a military unprepared to use them, or get mad at the military who was unprepared to use them.
You don’t leave those assets behind knowing you’ve pulled the people who are responsible to keep those assets operational. Makes no sense. Did those decisions come from Washington or were they limited to the military command? Our military officials who have conducted pressers sound clueless when asked specific operational questions. The entire withdrawal has obviously been a cluster. Lot more questions than answers at this point.

You don’t leave those assets behind knowing you’ve pulled the people who are responsible to keep those assets operational. Makes no sense. Did those decisions come from Washington or were they limited to the military command? Our military officials who have conducted pressers sound clueless when asked specific operational questions. The entire withdrawal has obviously been a cluster. Lot more questions than answers at this point.
Well, if we wanted to purposefully escalate the rate Afghan military’s collapse, a good way would be to start blowing up the vehicles we gave them. That’s a real motivational tool to encourage them to keep fighting and helping cover our withdrawal as we retreat.

If the Afghan government couldn’t keep them in the fight on their own due to lack of maintanence contractors / techs do we think the Taliban will? They might eventually retrofit them with less reliable replacement parts I suppose.

Well, if we wanted to purposefully escalate the rate Afghan military’s collapse, a good way would be to start blowing up the vehicles we gave them. That’s a real motivational tool to encourage them to keep fighting and helping cover our withdrawal as we retreat.

If the Afghan government couldn’t keep them in the fight on their own due to lack of maintanence contractors / techs do we think the Taliban will? They might eventually retrofit them with less reliable replacement parts I suppose.
I assume the Chinese will supply the techs to keep those birds in the air. Everyone is sleeping on the upcoming alliance between the Taliban and China.

If you’re going to remove the Afghans ability to use those weapons the only good leaving them on the ground is for the future use of the Taliban. We were caught completely off guard here. The question is why?

I assume the Chinese will supply the techs to keep those birds in the air. Everyone is sleeping on the upcoming alliance between the Taliban and China.

If you’re going to remove the Afghans ability to use those weapons the only good leaving them on the ground is for the future use of the Taliban. We were caught completely off guard here. The question is why?
My question is, what strategic advantage does them having choppers and humvees give them in the region that we need to worry about. Iran already has that stuff. So does Pakistan. If they try to invade any of the former Soviet ‘Stan’ puppet states then that will be Russia’s problem.

Iraq had those sorts of assets both times we went in and obliterated them. I don’t think we’re too worried about it if we need to go back in for some reason. It was already a sunk cost as it was staying with in Afghanistan be it with our puppet or the Taliban. Also, they’re going to need proprietary parts from the US. (Or the Chinese will help them retrofit them)

I have no idea what a terrorist organization will do with 160 blackhawks or billions of dollars in drones. Neither does anyone else btw. I do know the last thing we should want is the Taliban to be possession of such weapons. As we know one of the first rules in any military retreat….don’t leave behind anything useful to your enemy. I would say billions of dollars in military hardware would be characterized as “useful”.

Appears our military made miscalculation after miscalculation.

I have no idea what a terrorist organization will do with 160 blackhawks or billions of dollars in drones. Neither does anyone else btw. I do know the last thing we should want is the Taliban to be possession of such weapons. As we know one of the first rules in any military retreat….don’t leave behind anything useful to your enemy. I would say billions of dollars in military hardware would be characterized as “useful”.

I think they will have a much bigger issue retrofitting the drones than they will the blackhawks.

It’s a situation of being given a task (reduce troop levels to x by x date) and being unwilling to say “no we can’t do that.” Only way to get there is by cutting corners. That’s why we abandoned bagram in favor of Kabul.

Here is some fun calculus for you. During the fall of Kabul, 22 military planes and 24 helicopters fled to Uzbekhtan. Those assets carried nearly 600 afghans. Should we have blown them up? Or allowed the to try and use them to escape?
also, the Afghan Air Force didn’t have 160 blackhawks. They had 16 with 143 on order. We know of several Blackhawks that fell to the Taliban. They did have a bunch of russian outdated helicopters on hand. They also had a bunch of light training / small attack 2 seaters.

Last edited:
The latest I could find. Looks to be quite the haul. At least we do seem concerned about the equipment falling into Taliban hands. Appears we want to destroy the equipment but lack the personnel on the ground to withstand any type of Taliban attack. Jeez

Last edited:
The latest I could find. Looks to be quite the haul. At least we do seem concerned about the equipment falling into Taliban hands.

I’d be more concerned about the flood of small arms and infantry tech (night vision) than the vehicles, that stuff will likely be traded to terrorist cells across the globe. We just armed the world with M16’s much like the Soviets armed them all with AK’s. It’s hard to stop that in the remnants of a failed war though.

Reactions: watu05
Taliban now physically assaulting Americans. Weird, that’s not the Taliban I know

I’d be more concerned about the flood of small arms and infantry tech (night vision) than the vehicles, that stuff will likely be traded to terrorist cells across the globe. We just armed the world with M16’s much like the Soviets armed them all with AK’s. It’s hard to stop that in the remnants of a failed war though.
Soviets didnt arm the world with AKs... every 3 bit country in the world with a basic machine shop and and foundry tools can make them... the parts are so simple that a 6 yr old can take one down, clean and reassemble it... there are at least 20 countries that make 7.62x39 ammo ( really nice round btw.. fun to shoot and hunt hogs with)

where's Ross Perot when you need him? now there is a person who knows how to evacuate his people from a hostel area.

I guess it’s hard to say “I like Dems, but our guy really ****ed up this pullout. People need to be fired.” No one will die if you acknowledge a screw up. There will always be another Dem to love.

Last edited:
if it was trump, the msm would be going crazy. the dem would be calling for his head for being incompetent.

we look like buffoons to the rest of the world. and they are right.

if it was trump, the msm would be going crazy. the dem would be calling for his head for being incompetent.

we look like buffoons to the rest of the world. and they are right.

The media is actually doing a surprisingly good job for the most part

Soviets didnt arm the world with AKs... every 3 bit country in the world with a basic machine shop and and foundry tools can make them... the parts are so simple that a 6 yr old can take one down, clean and reassemble it... there are at least 20 countries that make 7.62x39 ammo ( really nice round btw.. fun to shoot and hunt hogs with)
I know there were a ton made in the Czech Republic and the Balkans. But still, the Eastern Block's collapse flooded the market with AK's. I'm aware of how simple they are.

where's Ross Perot when you need him? now there is a person who knows how to evacuate his people from a hostel area.
He might be good at getting hippies out of bunkbeds. How is he at getting soldiers out of a HOSTILE area?

i guess the take away from our presence there was the weakening of the terrorist network and the reduction of terrorist attacks worldwide.

i guess the take away from our presence there was the weakening of the terrorist network and the reduction of terrorist attacks worldwide.
at the cost of 3 trillion dollars, over 2000 American soldier's lives, many more American soldiers wounded and countless Afghan civilians lives.

They tend to gear up when it comes to military actions. It's their bread and butter, and every aspiring reporter wants the gig.

CNN’s Clarissa Ward needs a wheel barrow to carry around her massive balls. Incredible that she stayed out there so long

If they pull an attack on us, you wanna bet Biden doesn't think about going back.

Early word from a friend at Benning is we’ve already got a couple Ranger battalions spinning up. Not sure how much press it will get or when

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Early word from a friend at Benning is we’ve already got a couple Ranger battalions spinning up. Not sure how much press it will get or when
If they were wise they would calm down till we got out of there, and then set up shop. You'd think the Taliban would insist on that.

If they were wise they would calm down till we got out of there, and then set up shop. You'd think the Taliban would insist on that.

If they’ve been told to gear up it’s from the same people running the pullout so you’d think it’s related/coordinated.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT