ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Transfer Portal

Transfer portal has ruined college sports, same with NIL, all started when colleges started paying coaches way too much money to coach a game
It’s the transfer portal combined with NIL. These kids are nothing but professional players without contracts binding them to a specific team. Have a good year then go sign with the highest bidder. Better the year the more money you make. Assume PJ will make well over $500k next season.

It sucks but until the rules change I’ll never blame the players. There’s little incentive in this game for loyalty.

I feel for the staff and young assistants in general. I can’t imagine how frustrating this would be in their shoes.

It sucks but until the rules change I’ll never blame the players. There’s little incentive in this game for loyalty.

I feel for the staff and young assistants in general. I can’t imagine how frustrating this would be in their shoes.
The assistants have put in hundreds of hours on kids that leave without a thought. Like I said yesterday, coaches may be leaving the profession in droves if this keeps happening.

The assistants have put in hundreds of hours on kids that leave without a thought. Like I said yesterday, coaches may be leaving the profession in droves if this keeps happening.
I wouldn’t blame them. I long wanted to be a basketball coach, not necessarily at the collegiate level, but now you couldn’t pay me enough to consider coaching at this level (assuming I was qualified).

Reactions: Bill Lowery
Tulsa
Jared Hall
PJ Haggerty
Carlous Williams

Tulane
Max Bowman
Kolby King

UTSA
Christian Tucker
Jordan Ivy-Curry
Try Edmonds III

Wichita State
Isaac Abidde
Jalen Ricks
Kenny Pohto
Colby Rogers
Trevor McBride

ORU
Cam Amboree
Jailen Bedford
Trey Phipps
Demari Williams
Isaac McBride

East Carolina
Brandon Johnson
Kalib Lacount
Bobby Pettiford
Jaden Walker
Quentin Diboundje
Ta'Korrie Faison

Oklahoma State
Brandon Garrison
Eric Dailey

Memphis
JJ Taylor
Jayhlon Young

Rice
Cameron Sheffield
Keanu Dawes
Mekhi Mason
Alem Huseinovic
Anthony Seldon

UAB
Barry Dunning

Charlotte
Igor Milicic Jr.
Dishon Jackson to Iowa State
Jackson Threadgill

USF
Sam Hines

North Texas
Jason Edwards
Robert Allen

Temple
Taj Thweatt

• Angry
Reactions: drboobay
Well, since TU got PJ out of the portal, I guess he will have to sit a year before playing.

Stop with speculating. A ton is going on behind the scenes. Just stop.
I'll do whatever I feel like doing. If I remember correctly u absolutely swore PJ would be back next year. Look how that turned out. You need to learn to keep your mouth shut. You are like an annoying fly buzzing around one's face.

Last edited:
Come on Gmoney... Archie gets Cobe's spot. If he performs like P.J. next year, then the sky is the limit for him.
I Just figured that he might go as well, taking the money, since PJ left. We have to restock the fridge considering the load of scoring PJ took.

I'll do whatever I feel like doing. If I remember correctly u absolutely swore PJ would be back next year. Look how that turned out. You need to learn to keep your mouth shut. You are like an annoying fly buzzing around one's face.
The movie waterboy comes to mind when I hear him make a statement . “ Well folks … looks like Dougheffking is WRONG AGAIN “

He lost me when he threw a temper tantrum and called out HotterthanyourhusbandTU .
Ya, I mean there is nothing wrong with disagreeing with someone , I know for a fact people feel differently on certain things than I do , but I’m not going to go bat crap crazy on someone for disagreeing with me either

Come on Gmoney... Archie gets Cobe's spot. If he performs like P.J. next year, then the sky is the limit for him.
Seems like we need a financial analyst on the recruiting staff. "Ok, here's your expected income if you stay 1 year or 2 years, plus value of degree...".

This would be a really interesting website to make. Kids come in, enter their basic info and amount of NIL and then the website would aggregate and say "if you're a sophomore who plays basketball in a 3rd tier conference and averaged X ppg and Y rpg, you can expect $____ in NIL money if you leave, or $____ if you stay and average _____." Anyone want to build it together?

Nope , but most people are tired of him acting like a 5 year old when he starts name calling
It's a typical 2x2 table - "is he smart" yes or no and "is he a d*ck" yes or no. 3 of the quadrants are tolerable, but it's the 4th quadrant where dough boy lives (no and yes) that is really hard to take.

• Haha
Reactions: TULSARISING
Seems like we need a financial analyst on the recruiting staff. "Ok, here's your expected income if you stay 1 year or 2 years, plus value of degree...".

This would be a really interesting website to make. Kids come in, enter their basic info and amount of NIL and then the website would aggregate and say "if you're a sophomore who plays basketball in a 3rd tier conference and averaged X ppg and Y rpg, you can expect $____ in NIL money if you leave, or $____ if you stay and average _____." Anyone want to build it together?
You would think that something like that would already be being used.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT