ADVERTISEMENT

2024-2025 Men's Schedule

according to the Jacksonville Classic site the field is set with 6 teams and the tournament will be over 3 days. Supposedly according to the teams websites they are only supposed to play three games. The question now is who are the matchups. Currently they are not set. According to some Rando in the twitter feed he is saying that Rhode Island and UT Arlington have a stand alone game. No where I saw on the teams sites does it say that. The good thing is they have set the field with 6 teams and now we just need to know who is playing who and on what day as it is now 3 days and not 2 days.

https://www.jacksonvilleclassic.com/home-1

Disappointing field imo. 4 of those 5 teams had a NET south of 200 last season. Detroit was 1-31.
This really seems like a scheduling failure by the staff. I know people like to talk about how hard scheduling has gotten in general, but 200+ teams were able to get their early tournaments nailed down before us. Thats on the staff.

Reactions: loca2874
This really seems like a scheduling failure by the staff. I know people like to talk about how hard scheduling has gotten in general, but 200+ teams were able to get their early tournaments nailed down before us. Thats on the staff.
The timing is less concerning than the quality of opponents.

UT-Arlington could be tough. They got to the WAC Championship game last year and got Diante Smith (All Southland) in the portal.

Austin Peay is picked 4th in the Atlantic Sun Conference with portal pickups of LJ Thomas from NC State and NAIA All-American Quan Lax.

Rhode Island got Sebastian Thomas All -Conference in the America East Conference last year and Nebraska transfer Jamarcus Lawrence.

Georgia State has Zarique Nutter from N Illinois and Darnell Evans , a D2 23 ppg player.

Detroit mercy- still looking to turn things around.

Looks like UT Arlington , Rhode island and Tulsa should be the strongest. Georgia State and Detroit the weakest, and Austin Peay the question mark.

Didn’t we win last year’s classic that included Missouri? Maybe we can win the Jacksonville Classic if they break ties with point differential.

That would be #356 and #283 in last years final NET rankings. Not only a complete waste of time and money but will hurt our NET this upcoming season. Assuming those teams are comparable to last season.

Yep, worst of all possible worlds. Hopefully fans can provide feedback and maybe we can do better next year.

Didn’t we win last year’s classic that included Missouri? Maybe we can win the Jacksonville Classic if they break ties with point differential.
That was a straight MTE. Jackson state and South Carolina state went to Missouri and then came here to play. We never played Missouri. This is an onsite tournament. So we won nothing last year except two games. So if it will make ya feel better Missouri did lose by 1 to Jackson state. So you could say we won the MTE but we really didn’t.

Well according to Konkol we DID win the official event and there was a golden turkey trophy that was supposed to come with winning it.
The team needs neutral site tournament experience if they ever want to do well in the post season. Home games don’t count for beans in terms of “tournaments / events”

The team needs neutral site tournament experience if they ever want to do well in the post season. Home games don’t count for beans in terms of “tournaments / events”
I’m not saying they do.

I’m saying we won the “event” and have a golden turkey trophy somewhere to prove it.

I would prefer URI.
I think UT Arlington would serve us better with the net than Rhode Island. You don't want to go historical with Rhode Island. Unless Miller hit the jackpot this transfer season and put a team together that was decent for the first time at Rhode Island, UT Arlington may be better. The past two years Miller has had records of 9-22 and 12-20.

That would be #356 and #283 in last years final NET rankings. Not only a complete waste of time and money but will hurt our NET this upcoming season. Assuming those teams are comparable to last season.
That is Georgia state not Georgia southern. Georgia state was 222 in the final net. Not much better than southern honestly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT