ADVERTISEMENT

TU basketball

Please be good
Signed-
A desperate TU fan looking for something to be proud of TU about
I tend to be overly optimistic, but I truly do believe Konkol is heading things in the right direction. His first season was painful to watch, but many of those players he enhairated from the Frank Haith era were not quality D1 players. He has a good nucleus of talent and is finally able to build on top of that talent.

Last edited:
I’m hoping we’re competitive in the league and look like we have a shot at hitting the conference tournament finals. I would love to head to Fort Worth after TU’s final regular season game.

Reactions: chito_and_leon
I watched the the Basketball scrimmage on Saturday morning before the Army game and this is absolutely the most talented and most athletic team I have seen at Tulsa in a very long time! We have some serious talent! We are extremely deep I am going to make a BOLD prediction and say 22-25 wins this season if we stay fairly healthy!

Reactions: drboobay
I watched the the Basketball scrimmage on Saturday morning before the Army game and this is absolutely the most talented and most athletic team I have seen at Tulsa in a very long time! We have some serious talent! We are extremely deep I am going to make a BOLD prediction and say 22-25 wins this season if we stay fairly healthy!
I'll say it again...the loss of Haggerty is going to be a "Ewing Theory" for this team. This year is the first year I actually have any sort of expectations or pressure on the team and coach of his regime.

That may be too bold but I’m glad you are on board. 🧶🧶🧶

Reactions: drboobay
Anyone who says this is the year we've been waiting for should be permabanned!
Good Lord I remember the terrible commercial that was aired on TV before that season where Bruce Howard said "It's the year we've been waiting for!"

Good bless Bruce but I dunno how he was made to do that.

Yes there will be. It’ll take place in the next couple of weeks but I have no idea who the opponent is.
I put too much stock into beating LSU in a scrimmage last year. Though if we scrimmage a Big 12 team and win, I will do my happy dance.

Are these scrimmages completely random or this planned way in advance? Does the NCAA have anything to do with them?

Last edited:
I’m sure OSU will find a way to solicit NIL money through a secret scrimmage. 😂

Weak conference if those ratings are close to accurate. I will say again…we need to reevaluate our OOC scheduling.

Go back and look KenPom ratings for that last 3-4 years. This would be the low point as far as conference strength with zero teams in the top 50 and only one team in the top 90.
Oh I know it is low compared to the time before all the Cusa schools came in and the bottom fell out. That’s really all I was saying.

With a weak out of conference AND a weak in conference schedule, there’s almost zero room for error if we’re looking for an at large. I don’t think that’s in the cards this year anyway, but something to consider next season. Further, I may not even matter if this league turns into a one bid league… which could very well happen,

Reactions: Bill Lowery
Oh I know it is low compared to the time before all the Cusa schools came in and the bottom fell out. That’s really all I was saying.

With a weak out of conference AND a weak in conference schedule, there’s almost zero room for error if we’re looking for an at large. I don’t think that’s in the cards this year anyway, but something to consider next season. Further, I may not even matter if this league turns into a one bid league… which could very well happen,
Curious to see how far FAU falls. Memphis will always have talent. However, until they hire a real coach they will be a bubble team imo.

Lindy actually did a better job of ranking the AAC and actually were aware of every transfer and signee in the AAC. UAB is still the scariest team with by far the best coach in the AAC. Lots of Birmingham NIL there too. FAU will be better than most expect after coach and players exit.

Go back and look KenPom ratings for that last 3-4 years. This would be the low point as far as conference strength with zero teams in the top 50 and only one team in the top 90.
I get what you are saying but I hate cherry picking stats. No one ever uses top 90 as a standard. Top 10, top 25, top 50, top 100....yes....not top 90. Thats to try and reinforce your stats and comes off weird.

I get what you are saying but I hate cherry picking stats. No one ever uses top 90 as a standard. Top 10, top 25, top 50, top 100....yes....not top 90. Thats to try and reinforce your stats and comes off weird.
Agree. My main thought from those rankings was that there doesn’t appear to be an AAC school which would earn an at-large bid (top 50). I do believe we will out perform those rankings.

Reactions: TUcandoit
Agree. My main thought from those rankings was that there doesn’t appear to be an AAC school which would earn an at-large bid (top 50). I do believe we will out perform those rankings.
I think we will as well I am hoping we actually finish in top 5 in coference. I don't see any reason why we cant. National ranking I don't have trust for though. Teams with a losing record will get ranked higher because they are in the SEC even though they are horrendous. Half the teams ranked between 50-100 do not deserve those rankings.

Reactions: chito_and_leon
I think we will as well I am hoping we actually finish in top 5 in coference. I don't see any reason why we cant. National ranking I don't have trust for though. Teams with a losing record will get ranked higher because they are in the SEC even though they are horrendous. Half the teams ranked between 50-100 do not deserve those rankings.
We don’t play the type of OOC schedule to earn us national recognition or lofty NET ratings. Thats on us.

Reactions: goldenhurricane2
Weird that North Texas sports are kicking our behinds.
There's a bunch of money in N. Texas and the Texas university system is flush with cash which helps with facilities and getting players on the roster. Being aware that in many areas we are, it sure would be nice to get all of our facilities at or above the standard of our conference mates.

I hope we have gone beyond the financial mistakes of past leadership and are coming into a period where many of these things can be addressed. Time to get moving on an IPF at minimum...

A neighboring town about 5 miles from where I live is building an IPF for the high school. They have the top ranked large class football team this year led by

I think we will as well I am hoping we actually finish in top 5 in conference. I don't see any reason why we
can't. National ranking I don't have trust for though.
I wish I had more confidence that we can do that...If possible at all, it would seem that all players in
the actual playing rotation would have to remain healthy thru the conference part of the schedule
for us to keep from finishing where we will be projected to end up....

With Garcia and Willis coming off of injuries, and Carrington seeming to be somewhat injury-prone,
it is my hope that they will be up to full speed by conference time and stay that way....

I am a big fan of good guard play, and the prospects there appear strong...Something to look forward
to....

:flags:

Last edited:
A neighboring town about 5 miles from where I live is building an IPF for the high school. They have the top ranked large class football team this year led by

I'm glad I don't have his family's grocery bills.

• Love

And a damn fine marching band as well. Seems that Nixa does a lot of things right.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT