ADVERTISEMENT

15 fouls with 3.5 to go in first half Cal Bap v Nevada

Gmoney4WW

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Jul 4, 2007
Nine pt game Nevada ahead. The 15 fouls are only Cal Bap total, guess that's their MO against teams they are out matched against.

Last edited:
Picked up 2 more fouls in last 3.5 min., and Nevada turned 9 pt lead into 18. They beat Yooler by 28. Will be a rough game if we don't figure some things out and have a monster game.

Nevada outrebounding Cal Baptist 25-16 at the half.

Cal Baptist is hanging with them a little better on the offensive boards Nev 10 CB 7.

Cal Baptist is hanging with them a little better on the offensive boards Nev 10 CB 7.
I’m afraid that’s because CalBap is shooting horribly and getting lots of chances. They’ve missed 24 shots, Nevada only 16. Nevada has 10 offensive rebounds on 16 missed shots. They might score every possession against us, eventually.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Nevada shot 24% from 3 and still won the game by 35. I think the important thing to remember for Thursday is that you don't have to choose between pumpkin pie and pecan pie. You can have a slice of each.

Reactions: Li'l Eric Coley
Nevada shot 24% from 3 and still won the game by 35. I think the important thing to remember for Thursday is that you don't have to choose between pumpkin pie and pecan pie. You can have a slice of each.
Yeah I was noticing that percentage earlier in the game, it stayed pretty constant. So also, Nevada can beat us with pumpkin pie or pecan pie? Or both.

They won’t use pecan or pumpkin pie...they will use pound cake.

...worried my Thanksgiving will be ruined...there’s a huge gap between us and the ole Nevada/NC State Wolfpack.

So happy the good guys are 4-0. Let’s be honest, though...it’s a pretty shaky 4-0.

Hoping for 8-1 or 7-2 through 9 games.

I think the important thing to remember for Thursday is that you don't have to choose between pumpkin pie and pecan pie. You can have a slice of each.

Good reminder! Unfortunately for me, now living in St Louis, my family thinks I’m crazy when I ask for pecan pie. I miss pecan pie as much as I miss TU being dominant on the glass.

TU just needs a Michael Ruffin clone.

My favorite all-time TU player and the one who got me hooked on TU basketball. I was relatively young when he played and remember getting his autograph after a game at the Convention Center. He was respectful and somehow we ended up talking about his pet snakes.

I didn't appreciate the game of basketball at the time but that was the moment I became a University of Tulsa fan, despite already being to 50-75 football games in my life by that point.

My favorite all-time TU player and the one who got me hooked on TU basketball. I was relatively young when he played and remember getting his autograph after a game at the Convention Center. He was respectful and somehow we ended up talking about his pet snakes.

I didn't appreciate the game of basketball at the time but that was the moment I became a University of Tulsa fan, despite already being to 50-75 football games in my life by that point.
Ruffin and my wife were lab partners in the ChemE classes they had together. She said she hated the fact that he didn't have to work hard to pass the classes with A's. He was just naturally smart and seemingly absorbed the material by osmosis. :)

He was one of my favorite players as well. I will always remember the 32 pts, 21 boards game he had against a TCU team that was ranked pretty highly at the time. He was 6'8 and played like a 7' and the Bulls used him like a 7' to guard the opposing team's center all the time.

or a KJ. Someone with springs in their legs.
TK was as close as we've had in a while as far as springs go. We just haven't had many hyperathletic 6-8 guys. Even as good as Igbanu is becoming he's more of a banger than a jumper.

TK was as close as we've had in a while as far as springs go. We just haven't had many hyperathletic 6-8 guys. Even as good as Igbanu is becoming he's more of a banger than a jumper.
Igbanu can't really jump at all. His struggles with layups are because he doesn't seem to elevate high enough or quickly enough.

:eyes:

5bf38e21cd882.image.jpg

Igbanu can't really jump at all. His struggles with layups are because he doesn't seem to elevate high enough or quickly enough.

Some of that is his personality as well. He seems more authoratitive on the court this year his dunk on the break against UALR was very nice.

Also it's the wings who are struggling with block outs for rebounds right now. The post are at least battling with their counter part.

The opponents on the weak side below the free throw lines are the ones coming free for put backs right now. Which could be a disastor vs Nevada.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT