ADVERTISEMENT

copa america & EURO 2024 soccer

You look at guys like Adams, he’s good but it’s like Berhalter hasn’t watched any of Cardoso of the past 6 months in Sevilla. He has been a man among boys at this rate he’s likely to wind up at Barça or Atleti ! Adams hasn’t played what, 2 full games in 2 years?

You look at Reyna - this guy gets no run at Dortmund, okay. Fulham. He still can’t produce! How is he starting?! He didn’t score a goal all season!

Tillman, the past 6 months has been dominant at times. I saw him score off a nutmeg & he made it look so easy, it was blatant instinct! 10 goals & 9 assists. He barely plays.

USSF needs to get some no bs, hard on accountability MAN to come in & get the best players on the pitch. Just doing that will be an improvement.

I’ve just not been impressed with Reyna, not for club nor country. He runs like a girl. The body language of these guys (sans Sargent/Wright/Robinson) is lacking heavily. You never would’ve seen this crap complaining & boo hoo whining & cryin from the previous generation Altidore & Dempsey beating Spain comes to mind.

It’s hard to imagine or explain how Berhalter caved to his parents but in reality that’s just one of many reasons why he needs to be fired. Get him out of there! We don’t want him!

The First Debate

Have you seen who now owns CNN?

That article is two years old. CNN has been a Biden and Dem mouthpiece during that time. The only thing which has changed is CNN now realizes Biden can’t beat Trump and are trying to help the Dems torpedo his nomination. Reminding people of his cognitive issues despite claiming they are fiction over the past four years are the marching orders. CNN is still an extension of the Dem party. A party which now wants Biden out.
Reactions: Gmoney4WW

Berhalter almost had the right idea. Tillman should be our No. 10 on the left moving forward. Pulisic on the right. Musah Cardoso McKinney mid. Robinson Trusty (Ream for now) Richard Scally (Dest when healthy - interestingly he could’ve started in place of Weah tonight.)

Weah as the son of the President of Liberia is the last player on the team who should’ve reacted with emotional violence. Even worse he cries about idiots saying racist stuff afterwards. I’m for him on the pitch… pitch him off the team, that is!

The First Debate

CNN now going after Dems for hiding Biden’s cognitive decline. The same station who claimed what we saw was doctored is now asking how can you not believe what you saw and heard? Just bizarre.

Login to view embedded media
Have you seen who now owns CNN?

New Dean of Kendall College

I saw the announcement about this new Dean today. My memory may be faulty but this seems to me to be at least the 3rd Dean in the few years since Dr. Misra stepped down about 4 years ago. I believe one of the former Dean’s may have become President of Hendrix College in Arkansas which appears to be a nice career step. Not sure about the others. For those in the know is there an issue or are we just finding high quality people that are on a career fast track?

Practice

All players are practicing now. I don’t think Behrends will help us much to frail. He likes to shoot from outside wasn’t making much. I think Carrington is our best new player so far it is still to early to tell but he was shooting good today and he plays good defense. I am going out of town for two weeks tomorrow so I hope someone else reports on practice
Reactions: Bill Lowery

The First Debate

The good news is the technology for electric cars seems to be similar to that of planes. Lots of research going into developing lighter longer lasting batteries. I have zero clue as to the technology nor the barriers we face in developing light batteries which can store large amount of power.
I’ll tell you that the utility scale battery storage I have visited are quite impressive. They’re not solutions to all of our problems, and there are operational issues to work through, but there is a lot of promise there.
Reactions: lawpoke87

Berhalter gets sacked if we don’t advance out of group play….correct?
After the stupidity US Soccer went through last year, I can't believe they are suddenly going to do it. We aren't paying a lot, and they aren't prepared to make a godfather offer to a really good international coach because it would just up the price of the women's coach and its staff. Equality baby.

This is the Republican Party

Seems to codify what the DOJs has done for over a hundred years. I do wish they would have narrowed or further explained what would qualify as an “official act”. Barrett addressed the question a bit in her concurrence. Seems fairly reasonable. I personally would favor a narrow interpretation due to my ongoing desire to limit the power of the Executive branch.
They took a pass with this 'decision'. Really cheap of them to avoid making a real decision. They just passed it off to future court decisions. No real definition, of what shouldn't be allowed.

Logical minds would think so...but whose to say what happens considering the Good 'Ol Boys network in charge of USSF. I mean they were given an absolute softball to advance easily with their 1st two games. Uruguay was always going to be a challenge but it shouldn't have mattered much anyway.
Hard to imagine keeping Berhalter headed into the World Cup if he can’t advance out of this group. Like you said, it’s US soccer so anything is possible.

The First Debate

Hopefully the technology develops to make electric commercial aircraft feasible. Still believe we are a decade or so away. Assume lighter batteries and more wing surface area are some of the keys here.

Graphene technology should be helped by another 10 years. The only fully produced graphene coating on airplane wings has been a prototype drone. The wings were 11.5 feet in length, and 17% lighter than if they had coated it with carbon fiber. And that's only coating it with graphene. If the technology becomes cheap enough and advanced enough to make things like the wings out of sheets of graphene and epoxies, it could reduce the weight of the entire aircraft by 30%, if used throughout the entire aircraft. But that technology is probably not 10 years from now. More like 30 years. I'm guessing it will be utilized enough to lighten the aircraft weight by 5% in 10 years.

I don't think that tech will be dissuaded or disadvantaged by Trump's disfavor.

Berhalter gets sacked if we don’t advance out of group play….correct?
Logical minds would think so...but whose to say what happens considering the Good 'Ol Boys network in charge of USSF. I mean they were given an absolute softball to advance easily with their 1st two games. Uruguay was always going to be a challenge but it shouldn't have mattered much anyway.

The First Debate

You’re probably correct, but just keep in mind that commercial passenger air travel took around 30 years to develop after the advent of combustion driven heavier-than-air flight. And that required a bunch in subsidies for the government to keep airline companies afloat while they were during out the technology and being mostly employed to deliver mail.

10 years from the first flight to commercial travel would be a 3x improvement…. And it might help improve that timeline if people weren’t disparaging it as a inviable exploration.
The good news is the technology for electric cars seems to be similar to that of planes. Lots of research going into developing lighter longer lasting batteries. I have zero clue as to the technology nor the barriers we face in developing light batteries which can store large amount of power.

This is the Republican Party

Seems to codify what the DOJs has done for over a hundred years. I do wish they would have narrowed or further explained what would qualify as an “official act”. Barrett addressed the question a bit in her concurrence. Seems fairly reasonable. I personally would favor a narrow interpretation due to my ongoing desire to limit the power of the Executive branch.
That can and should be broached in future cases.
Reactions: lawpoke87

The First Debate

Hopefully the technology develops to make electric commercial aircraft feasible. Still believe we are a decade or so away. Assume lighter batteries and more wing surface area are some of the keys here.
You’re probably correct, but just keep in mind that commercial passenger air travel took around 30 years to develop after the advent of combustion driven heavier-than-air flight. And that required a bunch in subsidies for the government to keep airline companies afloat while they were during out the technology and being mostly employed to deliver mail.

10 years from the first flight to commercial travel would be a 3x improvement…. And it might help improve that timeline if people weren’t disparaging it as a inviable exploration.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT